• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May Tidewater opencarry dinner

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thought you'd like the target, Sarge. :D

Little squares of sheetrock are great. No need for binoculars; the little puff of dust gives you immediate, satisfying feedback.

Kevin108

imported post

Guys as much as I hate to, I have to back out this month. Several other things just came down the pipe and family comes first, right? :banghead: :)

I'm planning on next month + my girlfriend.

Sorry all!

backdraft1009

imported post

hey fellas, sorry i havent been on lately, been busy unpackin and repackin all this college mess. i will still be attending so add one to the list and look for the lost lookin guy wandering around the parkin lot with an XD. thanks fellas look forward to meetin all of yall.

-B

D

Desertdoc

imported post

JacquisPoni wrote:
I will be there too...(Kimber Carrier, DesertDoc gave me the night off LOL)
lol.. you know.. i was so lost when i first saw it.. but now i remember i told Kimber that i had you working on Graby. By the way... you still owe me that 15%... See ya tonight

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, another great OCDO dinner! A lot of the regulars, but some new folks as well. I know the count was over 20.

DesertDoc was unusually well behaved and was even kind enough to lever the big snuff cud out of his lips when I pointed out that Cracker Barrel was a "non-spitting" restaurant.

I was disappointed that Danbus was unable to convince either JacquiPoni or Reverend to do any drifing in the parking lot with their impressive muscle cars. Not even a lousy donut....

Well, there's always next time. Speaking of which, does Thursday June14th sound OK?

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Dutch Uncle, did you say earlier that you had never been to a Cracker Barrel? (I think I've eaten at half the ones between here and Cookeville TN.) What's your verdict on the place?

Oh, y'all don't forget to add if there were any comments, etc. by staff or other patrons.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Never been there before. Food was pretty good. Typical down home southern fare, good wait staff, though I was the last to be served...again!

I don't recall any comments from staff or patrons, but a guy neamed Earl recognized Kimbercarrier, commented on his rig, so we invited him to sit with us.

Anyone else hear any comments?

Bubba Ron

imported post

It was quiet as a church mouse - as it should be :) I did see one guy, while we were all walking out, suddenly sit back - eyes very wide open - and jaw dropped down, but he didn't say anything either ;)

JacquisPoni

imported post

It was a good dinner, had fun! Nice to see the "regulars" and the new peeps as well. Looking forward to next time.

Dutch, parking lot was too small for donuts!!! Look for me on the drag track soon!

OBXMIKE

imported post

We enjoyed meeting you folks! I was at the "kids table" in the back, and had to cut out early...the little one was getting tired. I guess I wore her out at Bass Pro before dinnertime! Wish I had more time to socialize, but it was good to put a face with at least a few names. Hopefully I'll be able to catch next month's meet-up.

I didn't hear a peep or notice a sideways glance from anybody, and we were there for at least twenty minutes wandering around inside.

Oh, sorry about breaking etiquette and showing up wearing a REVOLVER :banghead:..........I'll follow the rules next time! :lol:

Best to you all!
Mike

vtme_grad98

imported post

Sorry I missed it. I came down with something nasty yesterday morning, and still haven't quite recovered from it yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to manage it next time around.

Gunfixr

imported post

My wife said she heard one of the waitresses say to someone in front of us that she was glad we came and for us to come back. We were back at the kids table with OBX Mike and the folks off to our right (Mikes crew was to our left) saw all the weaponry and scuttled out pretty quick. Amy was closer to them and was sort of watching. She said they kept staring, stopped talking as they had been when we arrived, and hurriedly finished their meal and left. Oh, well, can't please everybody. I noticed out front before eating some of the folks coming in checking us out. One couple checked us all out and went in, then turned around and left, but I don't know that it was related to us or not as they did go all the way in. Some folks just watch too many movies. That's the only place where BGs walk around with guns in plain sight. One person going in thought we were a police gathering. I had a good time, and got to put some names with faces, if I can remember them, anyway. Amy is not as much into this as me, so at least she enjoyed the meal, she just needs to meet more folks. If I don't have to work, I'll certainly come again.