• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Open Carry Dinner?

scot623

After the Superbowl(February 6th) would be good. Nice lead time for planning, a little quieter on the national media front. Between holidays from now until New Years, NCAA bowl games up Jan. 10th for the BCS Championship...then NFL playoffs through Feb. 6th... I vote for a day the in second week of February. Thoughts?

eye95

After the Superbowl(February 6th) would be good. Nice lead time for planning, a little quieter on the national media front. Between holidays from now until New Years, NCAA bowl games up Jan. 10th for the BCS Championship...then NFL playoffs through Feb. 6th... I vote for a day the in second week of February. Thoughts?

Yeah! And we can buy a Super Bowl ad to publicize it. Anyone got 20 mil lying around?

Seriously, support seems to be mounting!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Great spring time idea.

First get Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New year behind us.

Then when the new congress is seated and we have warmer weather, will be a most appropriate time and insure a higher level of participation.

My 2 1/2 cents worth.

ecocks

I think this is a GREAT idea! While there could be an annual event, I think this is one, simple method of spreading our business around and making the point that we are making buying decisions based upon these businesses' policies. Local groups should be looking for an "OC-friendly business of the month" to spotlight.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think this is a GREAT idea! While there could be an annual event, I think this is one, simple method of spreading our business around and making the point that we are making buying decisions based upon these businesses' policies. Local groups should be looking for an "OC-friendly business of the month" to spotlight.

Greater Richmond has an OC dinner every month on the 2nd Tuesday and an OC breakfast virtually every Sat. We look for new and interesting places, but have our favorites too.

Other areas of the state have fairly regular dinners also. Great way to get together and share + get people used to seeing responsible citizens armed.

Snakemathis

Great ideas everyone! I'm glad we are getting something set in stone. This has potential to be a historical moment in the Open Carry Movement.

The weather will be good for the most part all over the country during February. I would have never thought of Colt's B-day! Now if we are gearing this towards media attention and awareness, would it be better set for a weekday or weekend? We will also have to keep in mind work schedules, since most weekdays are booked for people.

eye95

Second week in Feb, is good, most of you will be out that night, for dinner anyhow, and so is the public, for those valentines day dinners. Lots of coverage on the 14th.

No massacres. Period. Anyone participating in a massacre will suffer a suspension from OCDO almost as long as Olberman's!

Daylen

If its February that leaves out doing it on John Browning's birthday on January 21 or 23.

chewy352

Great Analysis. I think this would be a great time period that also gives us time to plan.

A nation wide chain might be hard to find but each state could pick a state wide chain.

I really think we need the leadership of John Pierce and Mike Stollenwerk to pull this off though.

chewy352

Great ideas everyone! I'm glad we are getting something set in stone. This has potential to be a historical moment in the Open Carry Movement.

The weather will be good for the most part all over the country during February. I would have never thought of Colt's B-day! Now if we are gearing this towards media attention and awareness, would it be better set for a weekday or weekend? We will also have to keep in mind work schedules, since most weekdays are booked for people.

I think (although I am often wrong) Monday is the slowest day for news. Anyone in the media out there care to comment? If we set it up for a day that the media is usually hurting for a story then we should get a lot of attention.

As for people being busy on a weekday, it's dinner for cryin out loud everyone's gotta eat.

Bailenforcer

July 1st to the 3rd.

1. Warm Weather. so OC and coats wont be an issue.
2. Just before Independence day and the Constitutional awareness is at an all time high for the year. Not after the 4th as many will be tired after a weekend of drinking and acting out, usually are partied out.
. Its a great time to ride the Freedom mindset and gain attention.

This also gives us 8 months to get the word out and start a campaign that cohesive and easy to get on board with. Remembering the media is always looking for freedom stories just before the 4th of July. They cant get enough of that kind of media feeding frenzy. We could have soldiers just back from Iraq and Afghanistan in the forefront which makes it harder to resist for the patriotic types during the 4th of July weekend.

Frankly the days before the 4th of July is tailor made for this. It could start a trend for citizens to vacation on 4th of July weekend while OC. Imagine whole families OC carrying on the weekend of the 4th!!! And most everyone has the 4Th off!

Excellent Idea! However, in the cold-weather states such as Michigan, an OC celebration with heavy coats is not a good idea. A lot of folks will not participate durring the winter months. If this is to be an annual thing it should be in one of the spring/summer/fall months. If it is to be conducted more often then we cold-weather areas will get our chance to participate.

Last edited:

Ruger95

Instead of dinner I suggest we call it:

National
OPEN CARRY GUN DAY
Insure Your Right to Self-Protection

Last edited: