• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need clarity

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I use a GPS to confirm my speedometer (built to DIN standards).

I don't even use the car every day.

It's pretty funny, being told what most people do and "regular practice" by a young person of limited experience and exposure.

No, God's righteous justification is his gift to me.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Im not 18. Limited experience and exposure? I've been driving for over 10 years, in nearly 30 states. I've driven in foreign countries. I know thats not nearly as many years as you have been driving, but you talk like I'm a teenager thats only driven for a year or 2. It doesnt take much driving, heck, you can be a passenger, to notice that IT IS regular practice on the interstate to go at least 5 mph over.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I use a GPS to confirm my speedometer (built to DIN standards).

I don't even use the car every day.

It's pretty funny, being told what most people do and "regular practice" by a young person of limited experience and exposure.

No, God's righteous justification is his gift to me.
So what did you uses before GPS to confirm you weren't speeding. Did you know the faster you go, the more inaccurate your speedometer is?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I just back off a little when I hear the sonic boom. :shock:
I never go faster than the conditions allow, i.e. if the carpet stops
the pedal, I do not exceed that speed. I do have the common sense
to have a second set of glass so I can truthfully tell the judge I did
not remove any tint, and have know idea what the officer is talking about.
They will never think to ask if I removed the windows. :what:

Only had one complaint on them at 3 AM, but I always turn on dome light
to be helpful. It is for A/C longevity, besides Al gore says global warming
is bad so I do my part in not using fossil fuels.:lol:

Stick shift always makes a good holster mount. Steering column good backup.
1911 fits nicely in that storage compartment where the killer bag used to be.:idea:

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

icepik wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
Thats your opinion.
No that is a fact, if you place the firearm under the seat even though it is encased and unloaded it is still concealed from plain view.

My suggestion would be to leave it "ON" the seat.

But hey to each his own, it is not like I have to pay your fines.
As soon as you place the firearm in it's case, the firearm is concealed, regardless of where you put the case. (Unless you have a see-through case)

If the case is stuck to your windshield with shipping tape, the firearm would still be concealed within the case.

Anyone know if there is a law about transporting a concealed plastic box?
Not true, common sense would indicate to anyone looking through the window of the vehicle that a firearms case may contain a firearm. It is reasonable to believe that a firearms case that is in plain view contains a firearm and therefore would lead even an officer to believe the firearm was present and in the open and not concealed. If for what ever reason the officer searched your vehicle and found the firearm hidden under the seat, he would have probable cause to arrest.

It really doesn't matter to me what you do I could care less if you are cited, arrested or convicted. I will go on carrying just the same. However, others here may not like the bad light you may be shining on the movement.

Carry on and carry always!

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Wow, seriously gotta give you props for spinning my words like that. Let me reword it. The manner someone decides to transport their firearm has no bearing on the "movement". Besides, what movement?

B

bhancock

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
So you haven't been cited since '77, so what. I can't believe you said I was correct. You really are full of yourself. Gods gift to mankind huh? Everyone accidentally violates traffic laws nearly everyday, even if its going one mile over the limit. Its regular practice to go at least 5 mph over the limit on the interstate, and I've found you can usually do 10-15 over.
So as much as I like to watch Doug handle himself professionally and in a gentleman like manner, and as I really like to give everyone the benefit of doubt, I just have to chime in on this one. Dustiniac you challenge Doug with the never accidentally broke the law question as a comparison to your own confession of going out daily with many illegal exceptions on your vehicle, as well as naming a few places on your vehicle to conceal your firearm, somehow openly. Well I don't necersarily know if it reflects on the 'movement' unless you have open carry banners on your car, but it does indicate a disrespect for 'proper' authority. IMO I think you need to choose your points of contention with the law in a more discretionary manner.

I don't know either of you gentlemen personally, but Doug has made some good points that I don't see going anywhere with Dustiniac. I agree there are issues with some laws these days and how they are interpreted, and we need to fight against some of those in the wrong. But we can't just throw them all in the crapper.

Dustiniac, thanks for fighting for our liberties in the 'younger' generation, choose your fights wisely. Doug thanks for patrolling the seas so I can remain a free man. I need to listen to Doug's experience and I need to hear Dustiniac because his world is whats coming down, but we ALL need to do it like gentlemen. From what I can tell Doug is a damn smart man and probably is contemplative and cautious, good qualities if you want to live long and prosper. I will use his knowledge and experience to aid in my own quest against that which binds our constitutional and human rights. Just because he says it doesn't mean you have to become him, listen and use for yourself what seems to make some sense, you can still do your own thing but maybe, just maybe, something he has passed on to us will help when we need it the most.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Wow. Thank you. I am honored.

Just about the time I think that it's not worth the hassle, this comes along and its Summer and the birds are singing. I had a great bicycle ride today, 20 miles in 1 3/4 hours getting the winter fat off. It's just a month to a 166 mile party!

Thank you for brightening my day.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
Dustiniac: Your disrespect for the law and law enforcement, disrespect you even boast about,makes the thought of you carrying a gun scare me.
What disrespect? Because of how I keep my pistol in my truck? Or because of the modifications to my truck? Truth is, I made most of those modifications not just for the extra performance, but also because they boasted my mpg by 3, I used to get 14, now I average 16, sometimes 18. Is it irresponsible to use less gas? Uncle Sam trusts me carrying, private employers have. So whats your deal? You disagree with how I interpret, and my lawyer interprets, my carrying my pistol means I dont abide by the law? Well too bad for you. Tell you what, with how judgmental you are appearing to be without knowing all the facts, scares me. For all I know, you just might shoot some kids because they are black and walking past your house at night. How do you like if I judge you like that? I abide by the laws, I have no criminal record. All I got is is one civil case, my child support, and a few traffic tickets. The civil case doesnt even matter, because it was dismissed. You know our founding fathers also choose to disrespect and you could even say boasted about laws they didn't agree with. You can choose to be a sheep and mind your p's and q's. So if guns are outlawed and you are told you turn them in or you'll be branded a criminal I suppose you would do that also? Because from you logic tells me, you would. Night sheep. BAA!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I wonder if any security service monitors this forum, or, indeed, this re-integration outfit. I hear some anger issues.
They focus most of their support on those who actually seen combat.
Wasn't it he who was asking legal advice not long ago about going to court and fighting a ticket?
Seems his attorney interprets the law just fine, he just doesn't agree with his attorney's interpretation.
As far as uncle sam being Ok with his carrying a firearm, there was a period during the Iraq war when the military accepted almost anyone just to keep the numbers up.
Hopefully they have come to their senses.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Gleason, you can question me, thats fine, but dont you dare question my service to my country. Seriously, go F UCK youself. Thats absolute bullshit, people that have been in don't do that. Civilians might, but real servicemembers don't do that to each other.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Gleason, you can question me, thats fine, but dont you dare question my service to my country. Seriously, go F UCK youself. Thats absolute bull@#$%, people that have been in don't do that. Civilians might, but real servicemembers don't do that to each other.
Actually, on second thought, screw this damn board. This board condones behavior like Gleason just exhibited. Gleason, you want to say that shit to me, come on over, its 35 miles from Chilton, 347 N Maple Ave.