• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need clarity

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Here is some clarity for those of you who are so willing to trust just anyone here.

I'll just assume this is directed at me. I don't necessarily trust anyone I haven't met. So far, I've meet a few people on this forum and trust most of them.

As for the photo, I just looked and it's still there. Maybe he just un-friended you? http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4083099&id=500237039
Actually Paul, No it was not directed at you. It was meant in general.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
He also used a false name when enlisting in the Military.

How does that work? I had a whole slew of BI starting with ENT-NAC.
If you look at the court record he was ordered by the court not to use the name of Dustin Castro or the ss#.

If you look at his army pictures the name on his unifrom is "Castro."

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
32HR MAG wrote:
Threads like this are what keeps me away.

Not the thread but the posts from some of us are unacceptable. This has to stop.
Which posts are you referring too? The ones that show the truth?

It is important that what people read here, whether they are members or just browsing is the truth. It reflects the credibility of this forum, the members and WCI.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Some of the posts are definitely off topic and unrelated to OCDO. I am suggesting we stay on course and not denigrate ourselves or others openly on this forum. What has occurred on this thread has happened too many times in the past and is not showing us in a positive light.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
Some of the posts are definitely off topic and unrelated to OCDO.   I am suggesting we stay on course and not denigrate ourselves or others openly on this forum.  What has occurred on this thread has happened too many times in the past and is not showing us in a positive light. 

+1

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Does tolerance of such as luser=45641 put us in a positive light? DustiniaC is not the only less than upstanding citizen that has passed for such here on OCDO's forum.

He did not portray OCDO or the open carry movement in a positive light. He did not portray himself as an upstanding person. It doesn't take a person perusing this board very long to realize those with short fuses and possible anger issues. Hopefully we can ignore those people and not post in response to their aggressive posts. Tolerance is not what we should practice in my opinion. We should practice ignoring them (not ignorance) and only respond to those posts that have merit. Ignoring those who are vying for a fight is probably the best thing to do next to banning them.

And as I have been told a few times in the past: "Please follow the OCDO guidelines and post accordingly".

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Does tolerance of such as luser=45641 put us in a positive light? DustiniaC is not the only less than upstanding citizen that has passed for such here on OCDO's forum.

He did not portray OCDO or the open carry movement in a positive light. He did not portray himself as an upstanding person. It doesn't take a person perusing this board very long to realize those with short fuses and possible anger issues. Hopefully we can ignore those people and not post in response to their aggressive posts. Tolerance is not what we should practice in my opinion. We should practice ignoring them (not ignorance) and only respond to those posts that have merit. Ignoring those who are vying for a fight is probably the best thing to do next to banning them.

And as I have been told a few times in the past: "Please follow the OCDO guidelines and post accordingly".
Exactly, Dustiniac posted information that was incorrect and information he could not verify by statute as required by the forum rules. He was called on it, any he didn't like it so he then resorted to threatening other members. The moderators chose not to do anything about it so. I made sure the members here are aware of the true information so they can decide for themselves.

Enough said.

Captain Nemo

imported post

Perhaps this thread has gotten "off topic" but it is information that had to be resolved. Some of you are upset and have your underwear in a bundle over some of the dialog, tough. The credibility and public trust of OCDC and WCI is at stake. When controversy such asthis manifests, it must be settled. It is people like Dustiniac that jeopardize the whole future of this forum. He has shown utter disrespect for law enforcement, Calling them "pigs". He has shown complete disrespect for the laws. He has an outstanding bench warrant. He was charged with a class H felony. His service record is questionable. He has shown contempt of a court order to never use the name Dustin Castro again. He admits to illegal vehicle equipment. He admits to a number of speeding tickets. He has used a public forum to threaten physical harm to at least one of our members. He tries to convince new members that the laws should be ignored. He is the type person that is apt to go out under the flag of OCDC and WCI and do something stupid with a firearm and jeopardize our whole movement. Still some of you are upset that the truth is finally out and some of you seem to be upset because he is being picked on. It is through the work of Doug and jGleason that the truth has been uncovered. If that sticks in your craw, swallow it.

AaronS

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

You are in the same boat, but we still let you "in" doug.

It takes all kinds to make up America. You of all people should know this. I am going to guess that you have always been the "odd man out". The only way that makes you a lesser man is in your head. I might not like you. I might not agree with you. But that is not to say that you don't matter. You just are not me (and thank God for that).

As far as DustiniaC being less than upstanding... What does (or did) that take...?

I have no trust in my local police. The police in my city are NOT my friends. I do not trust my city government as well. Does this make me also "less than upstanding"?

I hate my city government, so I am working to try to change it. I also amdoing my bestto change the way our police work. I will admit, that often it feels like I am just spinning my wheels, but I am going to keep working at it.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

AaronS wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

It takes all kinds to make up America. You of all people should know this. I am going to guess that you have always been the "odd man out". The only way that makes you a lesser man is in your head. I might not like you. I might not agree with you. But that is not to say that you don't matter. You just are not me (and thank God for that).

As far as DustiniaC being less than upstanding... What does (or did) that take...?

I have no trust in my local police. The police in my city are NOT my friends. I do not trust my city government as well. Does this make me also "less than upstanding"?

I hate my city government, so I am working to try to change it. I also amdoing my bestto change the way our police work. I will admit, that often it feels like I am just spinning my wheels, but I am going to keep working at it.
Juan Carlos Lopez-Casendena AKA: Dustin Castro was ordered by the court to not use the name Dustin Castro or the Social Security Number associated with that name.

Instead of following the court order Dustin failed to appear for his sentencing hence the warrant. He also enlisted in the military under a fake name which to my knowledge is a felony as well.

I will be sure the U.S. Army is made aware. Therefore he will most likely also be in line for a dishonorable discharge for fraudulent enlistment.

It is called Identification Theft or are you OK with that too?

AaronS

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
AaronS wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Juan Carlos Lopez-Casendena AKA: Dustin Castro was ordered by the court to not use the name Dustin Castro or the Social Security Number associated with that name.

Instead of following the court order Dustin failed to appear for his sentencing hence the warrant. He also enlisted in the military under a fake name which to my knowledge is a felony as well.

I will be sure the U.S. Army is made aware. Therefore he will most likely also be in line for a dishonorable discharge for fraudulent enlistment.

It is called Identification Theft or are you OK with that too?
Identification theft to gain entry into the Army is nothing new.
In my day, a few of us did the same thing to gain entry into Vietnam, and Korea before that. It was and still is a crime, but one should wonder what would make a person steal an ID, to gain entry into a war. I know a man (now about 85 years old), that did the same to get into WW2. He was under age at the time, but still felt the need to serve. He made it back, and I do respect him for what he did. At the same time the man I know, had no ill intentions when he did this.

You can feel free to "turn him in" for this, but I still have to wonder why he did it in the first place. A crime is still a crime. Guess this is one of many reasons I am not a cop. I just do not feel the need to "bust" people...

tronson

imported post

I started this thread because I needed insight and advice that's why I am on this forum at all and when you use it to fight it ruins it j. Gleason your notvin the right you should just ignore him I'm deleting this thread

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Yeah OK. So much for seeking Clarity. You just wanted answers. whether they were wrong or not doesn't matter.

I am not in the right, Hmmm.

By the way, I was the one attacked. It was my family that he insulted on facebook.

They do not have to put up with it and neither do I. I simply responded to your question with a truthful answer. nothing more.

If you would rather take the information he gave you and use instead of the correct information which was also given to you by several others as well, then so be it. Your on your own.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

AaronS wrote:
Doug Huffman, user=142, Regular Member, Joined: Thu Jun 8th, 2006, Location: Galt's Gulch, Wisconsin USA, Posts: 7224
I was there to watch the demise of packing.org. I was here to watch the origin of OCDO and I'll be here to watch you lose interest.