• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New low for McAuliffe

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
No I am not a comedian. I take my guns and my politics very seriously.

The cognitive dissonance is that you believe that your heuristically challenged circular logic can dissuade patriots from voting for freedom.

Well...here's my take on it Thundar. It will either be Cuccinelli or McAuliffe and it's going to be close barring any new events.

I don't think you would vote for either, so you're voting the patriotic choice.

I don't think Tess would vote for either but Patriotism has nothing to do with it.

Neither hurts Cuccinelli because he never had those votes.

I'll show up at the polls and show my old voter registration card but refuse to show picture ID. I won't be allowed to vote. Since I would have voted Cuccinelli, that hurts his chances more than all the Thundar and Tess votes that he wouldn't have gotten, combined.

So I ain't throwing any rocks....just being realistic.

TFred

I'll show up at the polls and show my old voter registration card but refuse to show picture ID. I won't be allowed to vote. Since I would have voted Cuccinelli, that hurts his chances more than all the Thundar and Tess votes that he wouldn't have gotten, combined.
Cuccinelli may lose your vote, but McAuliffe will lose HUNDREDS of fraudulent votes that should be prevented by this new law. With all due respect to you, I'll take that trade every day of the week, and twice on Sunday... as they like to say...

TFred

ETA: Assuming the weasels don't pay off some judge to issue an injunction right before the election...

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Cuccinelli may lose your vote, but McAuliffe will lose HUNDREDS of fraudulent votes that should be prevented by this new law. With all due respect to you, I'll take that trade every day of the week, and twice on Sunday... as they like to say...

TFred

ETA: Assuming the weasels don't pay off some judge to issue an injunction right before the election...

I'm not going to point out that that sounds an awful lot like the anti's "If it saves one life" argument TFred. I've grown tired of arguing things with people.

Maybe they can pass a poll tax this coming session. That'll knock down the fraud too. Worked wonders back when they had one. Of course if they start putting pictures on CHP's, that should do for the ID.:lol: The $50.00 CHP fee could count toward the tax.

I haven't looked at the date when this becomes effective and maybe they'll let me vote one more time but damned if I'll ever show picture ID.

I am kinda interested in the fact that only McAuliffe would get the fraudulent votes. :eek:

But if it's a good trade off...so be it. Far be it from me to hold back the wheels of progress, I'll just sit on the farm and ignore it.

Last edited:

TFred

I am kinda interested in the fact that only McAuliffe would get the fraudulent votes. :eek:
Can you find one documented case of a conservative or a Republican being accused or charged with voter fraud?

Really would like to know... all the ones I've seen of late have been ObamaBots.

TFred

ETA: Remember the Krauthammer postulate: Liberals think conservatives are EVIL. Therefore, they can break the law in the furtherance of their cause, not only without guilt, but with righteous indignation, and a healthy pat on the back.

Last edited:

AppealPlay

Can you find one documented case of a conservative or a Republican being accused or charged with voter fraud?

Really would like to know... all the ones I've seen of late have been ObamaBots.

TFred

ETA: Remember the Krauthammer postulate: Liberals think conservatives are EVIL. Therefore, they can break the law in the furtherance of their cause, not only without guilt, but with righteous indignation, and a healthy pat on the back.

To be fair, I think liberals are evil. As it turns out in my case, I'm right! :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

TFred

Can't think of a one:

Bassett Man Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud, Perjury

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 10:44 PM EDTUpdated: Jul 02, 2013 10:44 PM EDT

A man from Bassett admitted to faking hundreds of signatures on campaign ballots. In December of 2011 Newt Gingrich needed 10,000 signatures to get his name on the Virginia presidential primary petition. Adam Ward, 28, collected more than 11,000 signatures according to prosecutors. More than 4,000 signatures could not be verified by investigators. Tuesday night, Ward pleaded guilty to 36 counts of voter fraud and perjury in Augusta Circuit Court. Sentencing is scheduled for December.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A grand jury handed down an indictment against Feda Kidd Morton Monday morning in Fluvanna County Circuit Court, formally accusing her of making a false statement on a voter registration form, Commonwealth’s Attorney Jeffery W. Haislip confirmed.
Morton, a biology teacher at Fluvanna High School, was arrested in March after a special prosecutor, Greene County Commonwealth’s Attorney Ronald Morris, requested the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation’s Appomattox field office look into an allegation of election fraud in Fluvanna, VSP spokeswoman Corrine Geller said in a previous interview.In 2010, Morton sought the Republican nomination for the 5th District congressional seat.
In May, a judge suspended Morton’s concealed handgun permit. The Code of Virginia disqualifies anyone with a pending felony charge from obtaining a concealed handgun permit.

...............................................................................................

Now if you're talking about convicted felons registering to vote....the massive investigation that was used to push this law only found 38 people. That's a big drop from "Hundreds".

The only place you'll find hundreds or thousands, is in rhetoric to support this law. But that's fine. Another nail n our coffin and it's no longer my problem. That's gonna be my motto this year "Don't have a dog n this fight".

Lots more but I;m setting up a tree stand and besides....the new law would have stopped them cold at the polls:lol:

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

TFred

I guess I don't understand what happened to the manhood.

Those who've followed my posts know I won't afflict my fellow countrymen with either candidate.

But, there is another angle on this. Just this:

Government is populated with criminals willing to tax, and steal, and corrupt, and seize. How can one assent to be governed by such by actually voting? They're not your equals. They're morally degenerate, ethically degraded. They're below most, if not all, of you. And, you actually vote to be governed (ruled) by such?

Last edited:

AppealPlay

I feel like this thread has turned into a name calling flame war. We all need to calm down.

We're scared. Hell, we should be scared. Not since the Wilder administration has a candidate openly espoused such radical gun control views. Again, though, let's remember the makeup of the General Assembly. Without something spectacular happening in November, the House of Delegates will remain VERY red.

What McAuliffe wants and what he will get from the GA are two entirely different things. Bottom line is that he most definitely isn't going to get an AWB or magazine capacity restrictions passed. It's just a political impossibility at this time. Could he push "universal background checks" through the GA? It seems doubtful to me that it would happen but I suppose if the planets aligned some sort of background check compromise could maybe get through the Assembly provided there's something in there for us (such as exempting CHP holders from background checks - and really, who at this point doesn't have a CHP?).

Everyone take a deep breath and calm down. McAuliffe has a ton of rhetoric but not the votes to back it up.

Last edited:

Esanders2008

I feel like this thread has turned into a name calling flame war. We all need to calm down.

We're scared. Hell, we should be scared. Not since the Wilder administration has a candidate openly espoused such radical gun control views. Again, though, let's remember the makeup of the General Assembly. Without something spectacular happening in November, the House of Delegates will remain VERY red.

What McAuliffe wants and what he will get from the GA are two entirely different things. Bottom line is that he most definitely isn't going to get an AWB or magazine capacity restrictions passed. It's just a political impossibility at this time. Could he push "universal background checks" through the GA? It seems doubtful to me that it would happen but I suppose if the planets aligned some sort of background check compromise could maybe get through the Assembly provided there's something in there for us (such as exempting CHP holders from background checks - and really, who at this point doesn't have a CHP?).

Everyone take a deep breath and calm down. McAuliffe has a ton of rhetoric but not the votes to back it up.
Oh boy! You've gone and done it! Maybe he will have mercy on your soul since you are new here. ;)

Last edited:

Esanders2008

Uh...what do I say? It wasn't me, I swear! :lol:

:p The Great and Revered Peter Nap doesn't have a CHP, because he is, to put it lightly, not a fan of the special privileges one can obtain just by paying off the government. He believes that a CHP is just that, a permit to conceal a handgun. So you have actually goofed twice. Once by assuming everyone has a CHP (and on an OPEN CARRY board at that!) and secondly by advocating for P4P, or pay for perks. :uhoh:

But don't feel bad, I made the same mistake once. :lol:

UtzChips

Any new "laws" regulating firearms or firearms components should be looked at as direct attacks on our individual liberty and resisted through non-compliance.

It is high time to take Virginia back from the carpetbagging yankee reprobates who have infiltrated and sullied her once-proud history and heritage.

I would be extremely impressed if you could: Name one "carpetbagging yankee reprobate" AND give a specific reference [with a web link evidencing same] where that person has "infitrated & sullied the once-proud history and heritage....[of The Commonwealth of Virginia]"

AppealPlay

Oh, well I can understand his point but until we adopt constitutional carry in Virginia, it's the best we can do. Sometimes you just want to CCW, you know?

Last edited:

Esanders2008

Oh, well I can understand his point but until we adopt constitutional carry in Virginia, it's the best we can do. Sometimes you just want to CCW, you know?

Oh I completely understand. I CC probably more often than I OC, since I have gotten my permit. It allows me to be a little more flexible in where I carry.

UtzChips

Robert Sarvis could do an immense service to the Commonwealth of Virginia by dropping out of the race for Governor. Sure he provides an outlet for those that like both his message and the chance to cast a protest vote, but at what expense if McAuliffe were to win - that and Sarvis doesn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell of winning.

Sarvis is siphoning votes from Ken C., thereby increasing the risk that Bloomberg style politics will come to Virginia.

Ken C. would probably be a decent choice....so long as you agree a citizen with CCWL shouldn't be allowed to exercise that right while drinking.

A Virginia Senate committee killed a bill yesterday that would have allowed gun owners to carry concealed weapons in bars and restaurants.

Sen. Emmett W. Hanger Jr. (R-Augusta), chairman of the Rehabilitation and Social Services Committee, said members were split 7 to 7 on the measure and on a compromise proposal, so he tabled the bill without debate or a vote.

"There were seven votes all over the place to do a number of things, but there weren't eight votes anywhere to do anything," said Sen. Ken Cuccinelli (R-Fairfax), a committee member who backed a compromise that would have prohibited gun owners from drinking while armed.

Backers of the bill said having to leave behind firearms when going to dinner violates Second Amendment rights and is impractical.

[Washington Post, 2/15/03, via Nexis]

Here's an interesting legal opinion he gave WITHOUT any personal suggestions or actions to ensure the rights of the citizens referenced. Of course, I'm sure there are gay/lesbian OCers out there..........but my main point is: IF he identifies a legal roadblock that prevents private/state agencies from attempting to protect the rights of ALL citizens, without any action on his part, or offers to the solution, what kind of person is he DEEP, DOWN, INSIDE HIS GUT?

On March 4, 2010, at the request of several state universities, Cuccinelli issued an official opinion to "Presidents, Rectors, and Visitors of Virginia’s Public Colleges and Universities" that stated, "It is my advice that the law and public policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia prohibit a college or university from including ‘sexual orientation,’ ‘gender identity,’ ‘gender expression,’ or like classification, as a protected class within its nondiscrimination policy, absent specific authorization from the General Assembly.”[28]

Virginia Democratic State Senator John Edwards said that Cuccinelli was "turning back the clock on civil rights in Virginia."[29] The American Association of University Professors and the University of Virginia also criticized the opinion.[30] Cuccinelli defended the legal opinion: "Our role isn't in the political arena on this subject. Our role is to give legal advice, to state what the law is."[31] The Washington Post said previous attorneys general of both parties held that local governments could not enact nondiscrimination policies for the same reason that Cuccinelli cited.[8]

Governor Bob McDonnell supported the legal reasoning in the opinion.[32] However, he issued Executive Directive One to all state agency heads stating that he would not allow them to discriminate based on sexual orientation.

Now, I'm not saying Kenny wouldn't be the best choice available..........I'm just saying, that in my opinion, he is so far from perfect that I believe it is possible that he could be bought just by the rest of the politicians & end up doing what those who replenish his re-election bank account.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Oh boy! You've gone and done it! Maybe he will have mercy on your soul since you are new here. ;)

No Eddy....I'm not gonna comment. Like I said earlier, I'm tired of arguing with idiots! I have better things to do during hunting season.

As you well know, some new people are welcome additions with me....some are just ditch targets!

Last edited:

AppealPlay

No Eddy....I'm not gonna comment. Like I said earlier, I'm tired of arguing with idiots! I have better things to do during hunting season.

As you well know, some new people are welcome additions with me....some are just ditch targets!

I feel a bit insulted by that remark. I've been as cordial as possible in this thread and I don't think I deserve to be called an idiot. :(

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I feel a bit insulted by that remark. I've been as cordial as possible in this thread and I don't think I deserve to be called an idiot. :(

Well don't start blubbering about it. (People will laugh at you!):lol:

Besides, what I say shouldn't and usually doesn't bother people that want to turn my state into a permit haven for P4P....one bit.
Now, I need to get into the woods, daybreak was an hour ago.

Last edited: