• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOT the way to Open Carry....

papa bear

first off let me say that that the Bushmaster was not used in Sandy Hook shooting. it was found in the trunk of his car. GFZ was the reason for that shooting, and him being crazy. second i can remember when a thigh rig was ridiculed by the so called "gun supporters"and claimed to be outrageous. let them get used to it. there was a time in America that carrying a rifle was very normal. i am not talking centuries ago. I'm talking just a few decades ago. have you people never heard of hunting, how do you think you would get to the woods to hunt if you didn't carry you rifle or shotgun. so really get over yourselves

CHOWDA, LE are not the referees of society. they only do the paper work, judges are the referees of law
if no law was broken then there is no need for a "referee"

WalkingWolf

You're welcome.

The LE community is the gun community's greatest asset. Whenever ant-gun people put on their dog and pony media shows, they always use women and children.....and LEOs. Most of society views LEOs as a trusted, authority. We should always keep in mind that LEOs can be our best friends and best public relations people. Think of a picture where two LEOs are standing around, laughing with a few OC people, dressed as 'normal people' with pistols holstered on their belts....on a public street, market, etc.
That picture would go LIGHT YEARS in furthering the acceptance of OC for non gun or hunters/etc. in the general population....not to mention in the LE community.

Know why a cop is apprehensive when they see someone walking down the street towards them with a Modern Sporting Rifle (AR)?
Because they are immediately outgunned. And they have no ballistic protection against it. That's never a good feeling, especially if you have no idea why the person is doing what they are doing and assumptions can and do get them killed.

Let's keep our friends and be friendly towards them. They are our biggest asset.

He was being sarcastic I believe~~just sayin`

WalkingWolf

You are believing the tinfoil crowd. A Saiga Shotgun was in the trunk. The Bushmaster WAS used.

I don't go for theories, but the when the shotgun was pulled on video from the trunk it was pulled in the dark. The shotgun was reported recovered well before nightfall. This is one theory I believe, there was a clear attempt to pull a switcheroo. Why would they put the gun back, to then recover it in the dark?

Keep in mind that Adam breached the school doors, that is what a shotgun is used for, not a light round like the 5.56. The version given by the authorities does not pass the smell test.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

I don't go for theories, but the when the shotgun was pulled on video from the trunk it was pulled in the dark. The shotgun was reported recovered well before nightfall. This is one theory I believe, there was a clear attempt to pull a switcheroo. Why would they put the gun back, to then recover it in the dark?

Keep in mind that Adam breached the school doors, that is what a shotgun is used for, not a light round like the 5.56. The version given by the authorities does not pass the smell test.

The media was so anxious to be the first to "print" it that they released alot of erroneous information. If you follow the official reports, there was no contradictory information released. The shotgun was NOT used to "breach" a door. The glass was shot out. It was not ballistic resistant material

WalkingWolf

The media was so anxious to be the first to "print" it that they released alot of erroneous information. If you follow the official reports, there was no contradictory information released. The shotgun was NOT used to "breach" a door. The glass was shot out. It was not ballistic resistant material

I listened to the police tapes~~The shotgun was recovered IN THE DAYLIGHT, yet the video that the police released they are recovering the shotgun in the dark. Next you are going to tell us that Fast and Furious guns did not kill anyone, that it is a conspiracy theory. Let me repeat, the shotgun was discovered and recovered during daylight hours yet a POLICE video released showed them recovering it using spot lights after the sun set. No conspiracy theory, it is fact.

chowda

first off let me say that that the Bushmaster was not used in Sandy Hook shooting.
Well hell, then that makes all the difference in the world in the big picture. Have you told anyone else about this? I mean, heck, that's a game changer!
Quick, contact someone in connecticut, new york california, etc. They may not have known that and if informed, it will certainly change their view on long guns and heck, probably firearms in general.

LE are not the referees of society. they only do the paper work, judges are the referees of law
:D I figured someone would chime in with that point of view. You must not be a cop or have any relationship with LEOs.
Heck, or even had any street interaction with them....other than idle time stuff.

Hint: LEOs are the doorway to the justice--I mean, legal system. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you have lived a sheltered--average dick and jane--life.

if no law was broken then there is no need for a "referee"

Gawd, OK, now you have publicly declared you live a very sheltered and privileged existence. Cool that your life's experiences are like that. But I hope that you will be aware enough to speculate that other people's realities aren't yours. I mean, after all, isn't that why some people have/carry/oc firearms, for self defense while others don't feel the need to, though both can have the same right to?

Interceptor_Knight

I listened to the police tapes~~The shotgun was recovered IN THE DAYLIGHT....
According to the official police report, "The police found a loaded 12-gauge shotgun in the passenger compartment of the car the shooter drove to the school. The shotgun was moved by police from the passenger compartment of the car to the trunk for safekeeping."
In other words it was not "recovered" until nightfall..

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Chowda I hate to break it to you but most people are not cops. Most members on this site are not cops. Some people have had bad experience with cops, some good. Just because you think you are preaching the word of God because of a badge I have bad news for you. On this site you are going to get chewed up and spit out.

WalkingWolf

Unofficial erroneous report... There was a lot of confusion that day...

BULLLPOOP the police tapes were NOT unofficial, and the video was a POLICE video. NOW you just sound as shaky as the media, and the government in this.

Let me repeat the police tapes are clear that handgun, rifle, and shotgun were recovered IN DAYLIGHT HOURS. POLICE released a video of the shotgun being pulled from the trunk of a night. The only way that is possible is if they planted the shotgun back in the trunk, which makes no sense. Or they just planted it, I can't see how any person with common sense could not see the problem with the events.

Interceptor_Knight

BULLLPOOP the police tapes were NOT unofficial, and the video was a POLICE video. NOW you just sound as shaky as the media, and the government in this.

Let me repeat the police tapes are clear that handgun, rifle, and shotgun were recovered IN DAYLIGHT HOURS. POLICE released a video of the shotgun being pulled from the trunk of a night. The only way that is possible is if they planted the shotgun back in the trunk, which makes no sense. Or they just planted it, I can't see how any person with common sense could not see the problem with the events.

I listened to the police tapes~~The shotgun was recovered IN THE DAYLIGHT....

The only way that is possible is if they planted the shotgun back in the trunk, which makes no sense..
According to the official police report, "The police found a loaded 12-gauge shotgun in the passenger compartment of the car the shooter drove to the school. The shotgun was moved by police from the passenger compartment of the car to the trunk for safekeeping."

Last edited:

chowda

He was being sarcastic I believe~~just sayin`
Don't care if he was or wasn't.
This is classic "ME ME ME, it's all about ME!" mentality.
Ummmm...have you ever thought that other people read this board?
Have you ever thought that other people watch what you do out in public?

And when all you 10 individuals act out in WI, while you may be just acting out on your old west/movie/internet fantasies, others are also "reading" what is happening.
Oops, sorry to rain on a handful of internet fantasies again. My bad.

WalkingWolf

Don't care if he was or wasn't.
This is classic "ME ME ME, it's all about ME!" mentality.
Ummmm...have you ever thought that other people read this board?
Have you ever thought that other people watch what you do out in public?

And when all you 10 individuals act out in WI, while you may be just acting out on your old west/movie/internet fantasies, others are also "reading" what is happening.
Oops, sorry to rain on a handful of internet fantasies again. My bad.

Hey wake up call, this is not a cop board! Everybody is welcome but again this is not a cop board. Your badge MEANS NOTHING here!

If you want a cop board go to police one...

Oooops you have to actually be a cop to post on police one.

Last edited:

chowda

Chowda I hate to break it to you but most people are not cops. Most members on this site are not cops. Some people have had bad experience with cops, some good.

Thanks for that information. It never would have occurred to me. (is there a sarcasm icon here?)

Just because you think you are preaching the word of God because of a badge I have bad news for you.

Thank you for posting that. I have no idea why you brought up god, nor related it to a badge, but if you make that connection, well, I don't know what to say.

On this site you are going to get chewed up and spit out.

Great representation for the firearms community.

To other people reading this, PLEASE, don't take most of these posters here as representative of the firearms community.

WalkingWolf

Thanks for that information. It never would have occurred to me. (is there a sarcasm icon here?)

Thank you for posting that. I have no idea why you brought up god, nor related it to a badge, but if you make that connection, well, I don't know what to say.

Great representation for the firearms community.

To other people reading this, PLEASE, don't take most of these posters here as representative of the firearms community.

First off I don't think you are a cop, maybe a mall cop. Most cops don't go around looking to incite trouble. But not just the firearms community, the whole community of law abiding citizens could care less if you are a LEO. As far as I am concerned bad cops belong in prison picking up soap in the shower. And so far your posts do not indicate you are a good cop.

chowda

This is Open Carry .org, not Concealed Carry .org. What did you think that you would find when you came here?
People OK with openly carrying at times in their lives.
But then again, I've never grabbed an AK to go shopping...at least not in this country.
But then again, it's an assumption that the people doing so are actually going about their daily lives, to buy something, rather than to make a (dumbass) political statement.

WalkingWolf

People OK with openly carrying at times in their lives.
But then again, I've never grabbed an AK to go shopping...at least not in this country.
But then again, it's an assumption that the people doing so are actually going about their daily lives, to buy something, rather than to make a (dumbass) political statement.

It does not matter is a person is making a statement, but then some people are too ignorant to understand the constitution.

solus

as is custom, might i ask for a cite for your statement about the official police report...so those unenlightened folk might read the account themselves vice depending on another's perception of what the report states?

ipse