• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NoVA (Northern Virginia) - OC reports

JohnM15A

Had a great experience today. The wife and I stopped at the local dairytwist in Woodbridge for an after dinner treat. As we sat at a table my wife told me to turn around and at the booth just behind me was a young woman with her sundae telling me that she liked my pistol. We started to chat about guns and she just received her first, a S&W for a Valentine gift!! She couldn't remember the type or caliber. She was a military wife so we thanked her for their service and I gave her a VCDL card. She said that will be moving to TX in May so we talked about CHP courses and whatnot. Very pleasant experience...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Had a great experience today. The wife and I stopped at the local dairytwist in Woodbridge for an after dinner treat. As we sat at a table my wife told me to turn around and at the booth just behind me was a young woman with her sundae telling me that she liked my pistol. We started to chat about guns and she just received her first, a S&W for a Valentine gift!! She couldn't remember the type or caliber. She was a military wife so we thanked her for their service and I gave her a VCDL card. She said that will be moving to TX in May so we talked about CHP courses and whatnot. Very pleasant experience...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

:) Great story!

Steeler-gal

Hello all,

Had an experience I wanted to share. I was at Quantico Tactical in Woodbridge and while I was browsing, a UPS Delivery guy came in with large boxes. As he was leaving, he was conversing with who I think was the manager. I guess he saw that the employees where open carrying and started to go on about how people shouldnt be able to carry at all. The manager was just courteous and listened to what he had to say. The UPS guy just kept going on and on about how citizens who carry are simply a liability and how citizens shouldnt have the power to defend ourselves with lethal force.

At some point I thought he would leave but the conversation just made me uncomfortable to leave. The whole time, the associate (or manager I think) just listened and was nothing but courteous. I wasnt around for the end of it but glad I left because traffic was starting to build up going 95 south.

All I know is whatever my political views, I wouldn't put my job on the line and argue with one of my company's clients. It was definitely far from professional on the part of the UPS delivery person.

I haven't been there in a while but don't they sell guns there????? What'd he expect to find people carrying? I'm very disappointed to hear that the clerk didn't set him straight. It's not necessary to be nice or polite to the delivery guy as far as I'm concerned.

george11c

I haven't been there in a while but don't they sell guns there????? What'd he expect to find people carrying? I'm very disappointed to hear that the clerk didn't set him straight. It's not necessary to be nice or polite to the delivery guy as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I was checking out some AR15 lowers there as well as the complete rifles. I left before the end of the conversation so I don't know if the clerk or manager rebutted. It was just incredibly awkward to see a UPS man act so unprofessional to a client. I visit Quantico Tactical every time I'm in Woodbridge because they sometimes have some good deals. The Milwaukee Frozen Custard place next door has some awesome ice cream!

vt800c

Late report: UNICORN sighting!

Wal-Mart parking lot in Burke. I was driving out of the lot after taking care of business. Saw alleged individual with alleged white cowboy hat and a belt holster allegedly walking towards the store.

If you're someone here, just wanted to say hi. if you're NOT someone from here, why not?

Chose not to stop as I didn't want to draw attention to them, and he had his business, I had mine.

No shopping carts were damaged during my time there.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
OC'd at dinner at the Southside 815 restaurant in Alexandria, VA last night, along with Tess and family, Johnm15a and his wife, Citizen, Tomrkba and Skidmark. Although the restaurant was packed with diners, there was very little reaction at the sight of a number of law-abiding adults having a good time conversing and eating, all the while visibly armed -- just a few widened eyes but no comments (at least none that we could hear) ...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hopefully, the next location will be quieter. Here is a great place down in my neck of the woods:

http://www.traviniaitaliankitchen.com/travinia-woodbridge-va.php

They are located here:

http://stonebridgeptc.com/?unit=200

Their Italian Nachos is awesome. The place has lots of space with a combination of booths and tables. And quiet!

Sounds delicious! Especially the part about quiet. Start a thread for the first weekend in April.

Mmmmmm. I can't wait!

(I didn't OC today. Darn it!)

Last edited:

JohnM15A

I was hoping to keep the dinners "up here" in Alexandria, but I'm open to doing Woodbridge.

Maybe we could alternate or pick a more central location... Can we take a poll to find out where everybody is?

JamesCanby - Alexandria
Tess - Mt. Vernon
JohnM15A - Woodbridge
Citizen - somewhere in Fairfax County???
Tomrkba - somewhere in VA????
Skidmark - Richmond (out-layer)
grylnsmn - Falls Church
zoom6zoom - Dale City
steeler-gal - somewhere Fairfax County????
???????

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Maybe we could alternate or pick a more central location... Can we take a poll to find out where everybody is?

JamesCanby - Alexandria
Tess - Mt. Vernon
JohnM15A - Woodbridge
grylnsmn - Falls Church
zoom6zoom - Dale City
???????

Clifton

Tess

Founder's Club Member

JamesCanby - Alexandria
Tess - Mt. Vernon
JohnM15A - Woodbridge
grylnsmn - Falls Church
zoom6zoom - Dale City
???????

I just posted on Citizen's thread another possibility - Glory Days in Lorton, right off I-95.

crash89

Brand new here from NoVa

Good to read that so many do exercise their rights here. I do open carry around NoVa from time to time but do concealed Carry all the time.
Looking to Open Carry a lot more -especially since it is getting warmer. :)

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Good to read that so many do exercise their rights here. I do open carry around NoVa from time to time but do concealed Carry all the time.
Looking to Open Carry a lot more -especially since it is getting warmer. :)

Welcome to OCDO and thanks for carrying. Watch the Virginia Events thread for scheduled dinners or other get-togethers.

blade10

OC yesterday at Firebirds grill, Brighton, and HHgreg in Woodbridge. Just the typical quick glance at the grill and Brighton. I did have a good conversation at hh with the salesman, ranging (no pun) from what I had to what they sell, and I invited him to visit the forum.

Blade

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

JohnM15A

Pleasant Encounter

Today, while getting into our car to leave a wonderful meal at Uncle Julio's (Stonebridge) a cap asked to talk with me about OC. He said he heard that VA is an OC state. I whipped out a VCDL card to give him and told him if he was 18 or older that he could OC in VA without any permit. He is now out of the service and now lives in VA. I told him he picked a good gun friendly state to settle down. I told him about VCDL's role, lobby day and whatnot... Should have given him my personal card so if he wanted a OC buddy for his first outing but I guess I forgot...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not sure if anyone here is a member at Silver Eagle Group, but they are offering a free legal workshop to members next week. I'll be there: http://silvereaglegroup.com/event/virginia-law-self-defense-workshop-register/

Mods, sorry if this should have been its own thread. I figured the possible participant window might be low so I didn't want to clutter the thread lists.
Not everything needs its own thread, unless there is going to be extended conversation on it.

A notice could be posted in the Virginia Events sub-forum if you desired.