• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma Petition to Restore Open Carry Rights - bill still alive in 2010

russcook

imported post

998 signatures now. We should hit 1000 today! As posted above by Mike, it's time to push again. Tell everyone you know to visit the site and sign the petition.

russcook

imported post

The link on the home page to the Oklahoma petition has disappeared. Can it

please be restored?

russcook

imported post

The Oklahoma petition link appears to have been restored. Thanks!

russcook

imported post

Link from OpenCarry home page to the Oklahoma petition appears to be missing again.

russcook

imported post

Mike wrote:
russcook wrote:
Link from OpenCarry home page to the Oklahoma petition appears to be missing again.
it requires a post every so often to appear on main page or it frops off even as a hot toipic
Aha! That's useful information!

russcook

imported post

Just a post so the forum will have activity and put our link back on the home page.

Werewolf

imported post

Signed the OK petition.

That said: Online Petitions are in general a waste of Bandwidth and just a way to harvest e'mail addresses.

Have the organizers of this drive considered getting the Oklahoma State Rifle Association involved?

What about a letter writing campaign to our State Legislators and State Senators (not federal)?

My guess is unless TX passes OC our sheeply state won't. We seem to always be a year or so behind TX.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

1,310 signatures and growing - are folks posting this around the state and fliering cars at gun shows? It'sd time to pour it on and get more recognition of this issue.

russcook

imported post

TV interview should air tonight on KTUZ TV at 10:00 P.M. CDT.

Crossing my fingers I didn't come across as a complete dufus!

russcook

imported post

We now have over 3000 signatures! At this time, we actually have 3016. For comparison, Texas is at 26696. Additional trivia, according to quickfacts.census.gov, the 2006 estimated population of Oklahoma was 3579212, and Texas was 23507783. So, Texas has roughly 6.57 times our population, and 8.85 times our number of petition signatures. By percentage of state population that signed the petition, we aren't far below Texas. Let's close that gap (on signatures). If everyone who has signed got 2 more people to sign, we'd have over 9000 signatures. If those people then each got 2 more to sign, and so on, this could really take off. Please help spread the word!