• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Once upon a time in a land ...not too far away..A Ferry tale

user

Accomplished Advocate
9. Was the evil smurf (blue meanie) captured on the magic memory device while he was in the harbormasters office?...

That's the function of the incantations recited upon Turnkey today and transmitted to The Seeker of Truth by the post-box elves - to require that Turnkey preserve and present the contents of his own MMD - there are magic eyes in the Harbormaster's quarters, as the H.V.'s images have displayed above.

I love a good fable!

Last edited:

Phssthpok

That's the function of the incantations recited upon Turnkey today and transmitted to The Seeker of Truth by the post-box elves - to require that Turnkey preserve and present the contents of his own MMD - there are magic eyes in the Harbormaster's quarters, as the H.V.'s images have displayed above.

I love a good fable!

ohSNAP.gif

Rat in a trap.

ratrapwithratsm.jpg

But then of course...it's not 'entrapment' if you merely present someone with an opportunity to act on their own volition. Is it just me or is the other team starting to look more and more like the 'officials' of Hazard county?

boss01.gif

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
ohSNAP.gif

But then of course...it's not 'entrapment' if you merely present someone with an opportunity to act on their own volition. Is it just me or is the other team starting to look more and more like the 'officials' of Hazard county?

boss01.gif

Talked about that very thing today - its been a reoccurring thing.

Think that might be insulting to the stereotype characters from the Dukes that were just havin' a little "good ol' boyz" fun. This Surry debacle is serious business.

Of course you're right, he didn't have to try to steal the cheese.. He could have chosen to earn it legitimately and maintain his dignity along the way too.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
ohSNAP.gif

Rat in a trap.

ratrapwithratsm.jpg

boss01.gif

paperappeared.jpg

Thundar

This ferry tale illustrates just how far petty tyrants will go to harm those that do not yield to their petty tyranny.

The scary part is that the oath of petty tyrants is usually given far greater weight than the oath of honest citizens by the truth seekers.

sic semper tyrannus,
Thundar

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This ferry tale illustrates just how far petty tyrants will go to harm those that do not yield to their petty tyranny.

The scary part is that the oath of petty tyrants is usually given far greater weight than the oath of honest citizens by the truth seekers.

sic semper tyrannus,
Thundar

True to a degree because the petty ones are not on trial .................... yet.

In this case, IMHO we have a truth seeker extraordinaire who will leave no tern unstoned in his quest for the facts.

Thundar

I love a good fable!

This incantation would require a rapid response by turnkey. The rules of the far off king are very specific about how quickly they must respond to our fair videographer.

When was turnkey's presentation due, and has the turnkey groveled for more time?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This incantation would require a rapid response by turnkey. The rules of the far off king are very specific about how quickly they must respond to our fair videographer.

When was turnkey's presentation due, and has the turnkey groveled for more time?

Actually Thundar, I didn't submit that and I expect the response to be immediate and explosive.:uhoh:

The Wolfhound

What has our Truth Seeker got against sea birds?

I see no reason for unwarranted tern stonings. Where is the warrant? Do I need a FOIA for it? I would settle for the next instalment, though.

user

Accomplished Advocate
OK Peter, Incantations are not FOIA, so what are these incantations?

Methinks the term, "incantations", given the foreign tongue of Legalese in which they be expressed, were better than the phrase, "Objection and Motion", stating, "Comes now the Defendant... and states his objection to an irregularity in the operation of the Office of the Clerk of this Court and moves this Court for certain relief in connection therewith.", etc. One may readily perceive that this is not English, and because of the way such language be used, though it be pleasing to the ear and rolleth trippingly from the tongue, is designed to accomplish a certain result, as is any incantation (or subroutine - pass it the right arguments, and it does something - magic!).