• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One In the Hole?

Bear 45/70

imported post

tjschul wrote:
Guess you don't agree with the designer of this fine pistol or the state of CA (drop tests). I suppose you have done your own testing to prove your wishful theory.

Wait a minute, I don't agree with the State of CA on a damn thing!!!!!

But... if the moron who carries his 1911 hammer down on a live round drops his firearm near me or mine, I'd be much happier knowing it was actually designed not to discharge.

Man that's an early pair you have, and collectable.Actually I have a Mark IV (bellevue gun) and the Mark VII (seattle gun). How about the news there is going to be another incarnation of Detonics (after the Detonics USA) soon.

I don't agree with anything Kalifornia does. They show an amazing ability to do very stupid and illogical things.

As to the dropability of a 1911, I don't drop my guns even with my old and badly screwed up hands. Besides if it's dropped muzzle down, the bullet is going down, isn't it?

The wife and I, they are actually hers andshe is a major Detonics fan (she hated the Pocket 9 she had though), are aware of how they are desirable andcollectiblethey and their value.

I hope Detonics does reborn out of the dust, but there have been way to many promises in the past that have died, frustrating many fans.

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
First off only a moron drops his pistol muzzle down.
Sorry, I have to address this...

I don't know of anyone (except for morons) that intends on dropping their pistol, much less has any control onhow it hits the ground if it is dropped.

My $0.02.

uncoolperson

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
.......much less has any control onhow it hits the ground if it is dropped.

My $0.02.
And this is why a muzzle drop test is not only stupid but ignores reality.

don't most (of the way too many) safety laws?

today in school (too many dang 18 y/o, and me [25]) we were asked to raise our hands if we have never broken a bone.... at least 90% (i've got at least 3 that i know of and one of those twice).

i don't agree with that much safety, too many lawyers in this country.... when one's selling point on being part of the political system is also "i was a lawyer", we're doing something wrong.

fewer lawyers more farmers (my opinion... not a farmer, but more in touch with reality).

sorry, i went off there a little... but i still think it's related

Bear 45/70

imported post

Living isn't all that safe to start with. Add in a little youth, some stupidity, a cute girl to show off for and then things get real dangerous.
rolleyes.gif
Then there are the slow learners.

Gray2Hairs

imported post

Both of my carry guns are always carried ready to fire. The mouse gun and a spare mag in a pocket holster and my 1911 either in a Blackhawk CQC or an ISB with 2 spare mags in a back pocket.

The 1911 scares the hell out of most people carried cocked. Even gun guys seem to freak out. Some even get rather pissed off and any more I don't care as much as I used to. I attempt to explain the safety issue but without finding intelligent life it is not much use.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Gray2Hairs wrote:
As to what 1911's have a firing pin block the Taurus PT1911 does.
So does my Springfield Champion (Commander)and the wife's custom Colt Officers model (which rarely leaves the presentation case so dropping is rarely an issue).