• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Only for the brave!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrightme

This is a classic case of the people in our society tending toward orwellian thought. OOOhh no he is going to turn me in to the thought police for doing absolutly nothing illegal.
Yet you would have someone call the police on you for doing absolutely nothing illegal, just to see if the one you spoke to was lying or not.

Activity such as you are considering does not assist OC in any way, except some desire you have to see if a cop lied to you or not. You are much better served (as is OC) to simply OC.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
This is a classic case of the people in our society tending toward orwellian thought. OOOhh no he is going to turn me in to the thought police for doing absolutly nothing illegal.

LOL, and thus ends the debate eh?

You call the cops, or more specificly have a buddy call the cops to report a "Man With a Gun" i hopes for abusive behavior by the police so you may educate them, and then whine because someone else makes it clear that when you do so, they will indeed report your planning activities that spent their tax dollars for your petty little game and you want to whine about it.

Grab the amtrak out of Kirkwood, they serve cheese with that whine you have going.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yet you would have someone call the police on you for doing absolutely nothing illegal, just to see if the one you spoke to was lying or not.

Activity such as you are considering does not assist OC in any way, except some desire you have to see if a cop lied to you or not. You are much better served (as is OC) to simply OC.

Ok, you are more polite than me sir, well said.

usmcbess

kill me for thinking outside the box. Or you can threaten me like the last guy. I'll make sure not to break the strict code of orthodoxy next time.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
kill me for thinking outside the box. Or you can threaten me like the last guy. I'll make sure not to break the strict code of orthodoxy next time.

Not sure what you mean there sir.

Tis not I that proclaimed to be a preacher of the gospel and then planned to subvert the authorities, tis your cross to bear sir, if it was not a sin, live well, if it was, repent and move along.

If in any way the internet person LMTD drove you one way or another, it was never the intent, but from my point of view, your goal was far less than amicable and was quite unimpressive.

usmcbess

Not sure what you mean there sir.

Tis not I that proclaimed to be a preacher of the gospel and then planned to subvert the authorities, tis your cross to bear sir, if it was not a sin, live well, if it was, repent and move along.

If in any way the internet person LMTD drove you one way or another, it was never the intent, but from my point of view, your goal was far less than amicable and was quite unimpressive.

right on im happy to end on that

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
right on im happy to end on that

Works for me, be safe, and I wish you well.

Take your message to those whom shall hear it and hold your head high regarding your beliefs whether I or another questions them, stay strong and honest in who you are and you will always garner respect.

Festus_Hagen

I just got done watchin a vid made by a california open carry advocate in which he phines in a man with a gun call on himself. I thought it was brilliant! I for one am going to do a few of these with one of my buddies making a call.

Yes, please keep the police from their real job and go on a one man crusade to save the world from police who may be ill-informed.

Sometimes these gun boards and the people who post this stuff make me ashamed to be a part of them. This has to one of the stupidest ideas I've ever seen, and I hope you get caught if you and your "buddies" try this.

YuppieDog

Sometimes these gun boards and the people who post this stuff make me ashamed to be a part of them. This has to one of the stupidest ideas I've ever seen, and I hope you get caught if you and your "buddies" try this.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Dang LMTD, remind me not to ever piss on your boots. You can prob. call off the Hounds now.

cash50

One of the reasons that I proposed this idea is that I talked to a Pacific police captain a few weeks ago and he told me that he had told the dispatchers to disregard "man with gun" calls that were simple OC. I could think of no other way to se if he was truthful.
Also When police respond to an OC call they will get my lecture, since they will not listen as a group for a class, and if they dont show up it is a good litmus test for determining there education level involving OC.
It is in no way distracting them from going after criminals! If they get another call they will prioritize and go to the call that needs immediate attention.

This is a bad idea. I wouldn't describe it as brave either, just silly.

What is your lecture?
I asked you in a past thread what you meant by preaching, and got no response.

They don't have to listen to anything you wanna say, and it is in a way distracting them from other potential problems.

I will not bring myself to the level of a name caller. I also respect ,to a degree, your right to express yourself. However I think you are wrong for being so abusive and aggressive. Trying to flex your verbal muscle does not impress me at all. You should really take a class on cunstructive critcism before wasting your life away with threats and bigotry.

Also I dont know where you get this idea that i'm seeking to sue.

Flexing verbal muscle has impressed you before, like the time when you told us all the cop yelled at you and scared you into giving up your ID.

However this is not verbal, it is written so we don't know what will happen yet.

jad316

WOW, I'm damn near speechless! I'm new to this board with only a couple post. With this being said I would like to think common sense would take over and tell you not to piss in our back yards? I mean what good is this gonna do? Look up the ordiances and verify by going to such police stations and go from there. Yes I would love to have the option to open carry if I chose to do so, but I did apply for a CCW! This being said I understand what CCW means. With this bad behavior and much disrespect to their abilities (police officers) I would think they would lean toward giving you a hard time in the future.

I may be out of line but I hope everyone understands where I'm coming from. Also I'd like to thank Doc for explaining to me how t look up ordiances.

Jim

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
(chuckle)

Rather than call the cops and report a MWAG to see how they will react, I think I will start a thread on a gun rights forum about calling the cops to report a MWAG to see how the forum reacts.

Much more entertaining to do it to a gun forum, I think. The cops would stop talking about it fairly quickly. On the gun forum, I think the fun will just keep going and going. For pages. :):p

goalseter88

LMTD
Well you poindexter little ****, I made it damn clear for you on mocarry as well.

Now I know you have some fantasy about what your doing for OC and in fact if you want to bother with checking you will find that I recommended you as a possible Springfield representative for a board member of an open carry 501 c3 org to try and bring OC to a reality for the entire state of Missouri.

Now let me make it real ******* clear for you, I do not hold grudges, I consider them a determinant to the cause. If you however do and you are stuck in your fantasy as bill bad ass, speak the words and I will arrange a DoJo with waivers and you can show this old fucker what your made of if that is all that is impprtant to you. I neither fear you or respect you, I do not know you, up until your current course of action I had a great deal of respect for you, fighting a battle few will.

I am not going to listen to some stupid kid who likely has no idea what so ever who his rep is or who his senate rep is just because he is a punk. The point is god damn simple, you ain't gotta like everyone involved to get something done and if you have decided you don't like me, that's your call, I do not care, my ONLY concern with you at all is are you for gun rights of the people of missouri and if you are can you keep your trap shut enough not to scare the legislators who write the laws and if you can, rock on and lets see what we can get done, if not, piss off and while it might be outside the realm of your capabilities, try and keep your mouth shut when it might make someone those who seek change from might have made a little progress.

this was LMTD PM to me about my post on this thread. if you dont want me going off on your post. mabye you shouldnt of made a page long diss about the person. while this idea of calling a cop on yourself, is absolutly a bad idea, you could just simply state your opionion , like the majority of the people who posted, that this is a bad idea. thats all you had to state. thats all i had a problem with your post is that. most of it was about calling him a moron, and not even about that this is a bad idea. lol and no i dont consider myself bill bad ass. and really i could care less who is. i let you call yourself the bad ass. i just wish you were a bit more straight forward. dont say you dont hold grudges and then start a PM with a name calling.

i agree with most of what you say. its when you go on a ego rant on dissing someone. i mean i dont even care if you use a strong wording that most might feel is to sharp. but when you call someone a moron, idiot etc long enough to make a paragraph, thats when you go to far. i mean yah we disagree on several things, from english to just OC and CCW etc, but never have either of us even gone at eachother on name calling like you did him. i mean yah after this posting i might think of the OP a bit differently now, or atleast if he goes threw with doing this, but i wont go off on him, and personally i doubt he would care. i mean i doubt that you care if i do so to you and or when you do to me.

but in summary, i dont care if you dont like me. or dont want me to reply to your post etc. you can lose your respect for me if you want b/c i posted against your post. while i hate to lose your "respect" strictly b/c of this post. i wont be losing any sleep over it. and you stated you posted this on Missouricarry.com. good, fantastic, but does it matter, no. unless they read this thread on here, they prob going to not even understand where this arguement came from. i mean this whole topic comes down to nothing, i not going to chang anything b/c of your insults, and neither are you. i dont think on your next post your going to skip from calling a person a moron,idoit. etc b/c i thought that was to far. and nor am i not goi ng to post against yah doing so next time b/c you PM me calling me names and posted it on missouricarry.com. these arguements to me arent even about respect, on stupid **** like this its just to state my opionion. my respect levels of others are generally more based on the main point and how the do on that main point. as in this case. the main point is supporting 2a , and while i go about it differently then you. i still think you do a good job trying. and after this arguement. i still think you do as good as you did before so to me . but thats just my .02 on this.

Superlite27

On the gun forum, I think the fun will just keep going and going. For pages

In that case, let me join in with my 2 cents!:)

Calling the cops on yourself to gauge a reaction........

...how childish and petty.

As open carriers, each and every one of us represents the others. The entire purpose of OC other than deterring would be criminals from considering us as targets, is to familiarize the general public with normal everyday citizens carrying firearms. When any unknowledgeable or uninformed citizen encounters one of us, the ENTIRE PURPOSE of OC is to put into that ignorant person's mind the picture of a normal, everyday, respectable person......with a firearm.

Not a good idea to turn OC into a freaking SIDESHOW. Not only does it NOT help to make OC acceptable, it puts the picture of ABNORMAL BEHAVIOR into the head of anyone unfamiliar with citizens carrying firearms. When someone OC'ing does so to grab attention, make a statement, or pull some stupid shenanigan THIS IS NOT NORMAL, EVERYDAY ACTIVITY.

Folks who believe in pulling stunts, calling the cops on themselves, or any other "attention grabbing" behavior are not only a hindrance to "normalizing" OC, they are in fact THE ENEMY of OC. They are TRAITORS for the sole fact that they are NOT open carrying for the purpose of normalizing the open carry of firearms, they are open carrying to be part of a SIDESHOW, TO GET OFF ON SOME PERSONAL ENDEAVOR, OR TO "SEE WHAT THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH" which puts a picture of the OPPOSITE into an unwitting person's head.

When you OC, you are a reprtesentative for all who do so. When you pull some "outside the box" crap, the only thing outside the box is you. The rest of us fit into the box, and the box is called "normal behavior". If you do NOT fit into this box, you are a failure AT REPRESENTING ME and ALL OTHERS who carry responsibly in order to increase the visibility of normal folks who simply have a normal gun holstered on their normal hip enjoying normal activities. If representing OC'ers in a normal manner to educate the public is your intent, I am with you 100%. You are welcome where I am. I've got your back. We're "kindred spirits" and all that crap. If your intent is to jack with LEO's, cause a scene, or pull some stunts, please don't do it while representing me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.