• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Only for the brave!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
LMTD
Well you poindexter little ****, I made it damn clear for you on mocarry as well.
but thats just my .02 on this.

That PM was sent to you for two reasons, One, you flat out lied about me making anti-oc comments on mocarry and two it was a PM because personal attacks are not allowed in public according to the rules of the forums and I knew very well that was exactly what it was going to be.

Ego? yeah, I would have to say you would find most would agree with you on that one, I am also quite intolerant of stupidity and liars, both of which I encountered on this thread.

If by chance you develop some point that has any merit beyond your own distaste for my personality, feel free to express it as you will, but beyond that, I am not compelled to try and communicate you have made your position known and identified yourself for exactly what you are, I can live with it.

wrightme

That PM was sent to you for two reasons, One, you flat out lied about me making anti-oc comments on mocarry and two it was a PM because personal attacks are not allowed in public according to the rules of the forums and I knew very well that was exactly what it was going to be.

Ego? yeah, I would have to say you would find most would agree with you on that one, I am also quite intolerant of stupidity and liars, both of which I encountered on this thread.

If by chance you develop some point that has any merit beyond your own distaste for my personality, feel free to express it as you will, but beyond that, I am not compelled to try and communicate you have made your position known and identified yourself for exactly what you are, I can live with it.
Too late, you have been doing that in the public forum over and over all ready. You would be well served to tone it down a notch or ten. Or are you just this abrasive all the time in person too?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Too late, you have been doing that in the public forum over and over all ready. You would be well served to tone it down a notch or ten. Or are you just this abrasive all the time in person too?

Pretty much the same in person unless there is a great deal of value in holding ones tongue.

Dale Carnegie wrote a book, "How to win friends and influence people" I only read the second half :)

While you may indeed feel I would be well served, I can assure you that being just as I am has served me quite well for many years.

While I can certainly appreciate a posting such as superlight made just above and can see it being far more appealing to others whom share your preferences, it does not change it from idiotic behavior. Ignorance and stupidity are separate things, being ignorant means a lack of knowledge, stupidity means you know the right thing and do the wrong thing anyway. I tolerate ignorance, I condemn stupidity and the suggestion by the op was blatant stupidity and exactly the kind of behaviors that are used to push gun rights further from reach.

No matter how much you dislike my choices of words or personality, you simply can not shift the focus away from the fact that the idea had any merit beyond a cry for attention, scary sir, very scary.

peterarthur

Worrisome

It worries me more than a little when I see so many tempers displayed by so many people who are armed in public everyday. In most Missouri cities, this would actually violate city ordinance; in Kansas City, Raytown and Lees Summit for sure as I am most familiar with these. No wonder the LEO's look a little worried when they see my happy face at the Quik Trip. Perhaps they read these threads, too, and wonder if I happen to be one of the angry people posting here. Please remember that we are not representing only when we are out in public... well, I suppose that this forum would fit into that category.

But I do agree that the idea of calling the police on one's self shows very poor judgment and probably lack of maturity. But let's not condemn and crucify our own. Rather we should educate and build up our supporters who may have good intentions but bad judgment. This would keep our ranks tight and unify our effort. Remember, not to be too paranoid, there may be trolls and enemies using these forums to break us down. I think that those who seem to get along the least should attempt to meet in person and get to know each other a little better. Text in a forum does not lend itself well to the subtleties of "conversation" which is best in "full-duplex" mode (see wiki if unclear) :)

On that note, hope to meet some of you soon! Be safe and represent!

nrepuyan

all in all in reference to the OP, bad idea IMO.

secondly....why the crap wasn't this thread listed on
iPhoneApp_logo.png

and who was it again that had the

movie-popcorn.jpg

please pass it this way...

JDW

I just got done watchin a vid made by a california open carry advocate in which he phines in a man with a gun call on himself. I thought it was brilliant! I for one am going to do a few of these with one of my buddies making a call.

No good can come from doing this .

Marc

In that case, let me join in with my 2 cents!:)

Calling the cops on yourself to gauge a reaction........

...how childish and petty.

As open carriers, each and every one of us represents the others. The entire purpose of OC other than deterring would be criminals from considering us as targets, is to familiarize the general public with normal everyday citizens carrying firearms. When any unknowledgeable or uninformed citizen encounters one of us, the ENTIRE PURPOSE of OC is to put into that ignorant person's mind the picture of a normal, everyday, respectable person......with a firearm.

Not a good idea to turn OC into a freaking SIDESHOW. Not only does it NOT help to make OC acceptable, it puts the picture of ABNORMAL BEHAVIOR into the head of anyone unfamiliar with citizens carrying firearms. When someone OC'ing does so to grab attention, make a statement, or pull some stupid shenanigan THIS IS NOT NORMAL, EVERYDAY ACTIVITY.

Folks who believe in pulling stunts, calling the cops on themselves, or any other "attention grabbing" behavior are not only a hindrance to "normalizing" OC, they are in fact THE ENEMY of OC. They are TRAITORS for the sole fact that they are NOT open carrying for the purpose of normalizing the open carry of firearms, they are open carrying to be part of a SIDESHOW, TO GET OFF ON SOME PERSONAL ENDEAVOR, OR TO "SEE WHAT THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH" which puts a picture of the OPPOSITE into an unwitting person's head.

When you OC, you are a reprtesentative for all who do so. When you pull some "outside the box" crap, the only thing outside the box is you. The rest of us fit into the box, and the box is called "normal behavior". If you do NOT fit into this box, you are a failure AT REPRESENTING ME and ALL OTHERS who carry responsibly in order to increase the visibility of normal folks who simply have a normal gun holstered on their normal hip enjoying normal activities. If representing OC'ers in a normal manner to educate the public is your intent, I am with you 100%. You are welcome where I am. I've got your back. We're "kindred spirits" and all that crap. If your intent is to jack with LEO's, cause a scene, or pull some stunts, please don't do it while representing me.

Very well said you put it into simple words and not trying to start an argument. and i agree with you 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.