• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carriers from the LGBT community to attend PrideFest 2015

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
What a difference between the groups

Or should I use the word disparity. Washington Open Carry Whatcom County is registered for the B'Ham Pride15 gathering. We will have a booth/tent for our third year. Bham Pride organizers are very pro 2A and not only welcomed us, but asked to wear one of OUR T-shirts.

Seriona

Or should I use the word disparity. Washington Open Carry Whatcom County is registered for the B'Ham Pride15 gathering. We will have a booth/tent for our third year. Bham Pride organizers are very pro 2A and not only welcomed us, but asked to wear one of OUR T-shirts.
When is the Bellingham Pride rally?

Edit: Nevermind, I look it up, I might be able to go as this doesn't fall on a weekend.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

When a local Blogger tried to attack our OC group last year for trying to scare gays and shame us into not going, here is the brilliant reply by our own Samantha.....

I am a queer transgender woman who also happens to be a member of the open carry community! When I first came out of the closet three years ago the open carry group was one of the few "traditionally conservative" groups that fully accepted me and didn't ridicule me or try to throw me out.
Two years ago while having coffee with some of the open carry people I asked if we could have a table at pride it was my first ever pride event and I thought it would be awesome to show the community that there is another group out there where we are welcomed into. It was a huge success and got way more support and visitors than even the democrats table next to us. Open carry being at pride isn't about trying to intimidate anybody it's about dismantling the social construct that LGBT people can't also be gun owners.
Myself being in both communities I soon found out there were allot of LGBT folk who happen to be gun owners, an overwhelming amount for that matter. Now let me tell you why gun ownership is so important to the LGBT community, when I first came out the store I worked in had been graffitied with homophobic/transphobic things about me, I received death/violence threats, I was sexually assaulted and followed and threatened when I would walk alone downtown at night. The police didn't care I was on the fringe of society and was assumed to have brought it on myself because of what I am. My gun was the only comfort I had, it helped me feel safe when I would be out in public and I was targeted, when I was at home it helped me sleep at night knowing I could defend myself if I needed to. The fact that a group is pulling out of this event because they couldn't silence the voices a part of the community they don't agree with is laughable and shows just how weak their message is.
-Samantha

Last edited:

Alpine

As it was pointed out, the irony here is ridiculous.

Just a few decades ago there were many people who believed that being around openly gay people was dangerous due to absurd beliefs about HIV and about the gay population.

Now those who were hated are doing the hating. What a bunch of bigots running pridefest.

Seriona

As it was pointed out, the irony here is ridiculous.

Just a few decades ago there were many people who believed that being around openly gay people was dangerous due to absurd beliefs about HIV and about the gay population.

Now those who were hated are doing the hating. What a bunch of bigots running pridefest.

Remember, here in America, their are only two groups of people it's okay to hate, fat people and gun owners.

rapgood

Those of you who want to have the Sequim case overturned, here's your opportunity to make a test case.

utbagpiper

Banned
Agreed. They have had success getting access to rights NOT enumerated in COTUS. We have been unable to gain full access to our God given and COTUS acknowledged 2A rights in places like MD where I live. They could teach us a thing or two about effective advocacy.

This acknowledgment is coming from me a right wing Christian conservative. [emoji6]

+1

Charles

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
LOL CCW is now closet carry. All you CCW'ers, come out, be your honest self.

I like that. I'm going to start referring to CC as "closet carry". That's fantastic.

Hah! I love it.

All this talk about "creating ill will" really is amusing, given the frequency with which people used to say the exact same thing about being "too" openly gay.

Seriously, though. Screw the bigots. They're motivated by hate, and anyone is a fool to try and please them.

utbagpiper

Banned
I refer to it as Criminal Carry.
We all know that criminals hide their guns. Since this is the preferred carry method of criminals I think that we should call it what it is.

Sure. Because we don't nearly enough opponents who hate private ownership, possession, and use of firearms. We should see if can't create some division in our own ranks.

If someone wants to keep his firearm possession private he should have every right to do so. We all oppose government registries of gun owners, yet you want to require every LAC who wants to carry a gun for self-defense to carry it openly where any government agent can record the fact he has a gun?

Supporting the right to "come out of the closet" on guns, sexuality, or any other personal item should never be warped into a hostility to retaining privacy if anyone wants to do so.

We don't need to be creating any ties between LACs and those criminals who choose guns as their weapons of choice. The antis will do all of that they possibly can.

Charles

rapgood

I refer to it as Criminal Carry.
We all know that criminals hide their guns. Since this is the preferred carry method of criminals I think that we should call it what it is.

No, no, no. Criminals hide their faces behind black masks. We learned that as children, remember? Oh... wait... that's a SWAT team. Nevermind....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No, no, no. Criminals hide their faces behind black masks. We learned that as children, remember? Oh... wait... that's a SWAT team. Nevermind....

So did a good guy or two.

images

Plus Batman & Robin, Cat Woman, Black Canary, The Black Hood, Durango Kid, Night Owl, The Phantom, The Spirit - there were plenty of others who wore masks of color.

And most all OC'd.

Last edited:

solus

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
THE SHADOW KNOWS!

Orson Welles.jpg

ipse