• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carriers from the LGBT community to attend PrideFest 2015

solus

Anyone required to read and understand Kinsey knows that all homosexual activity is not equal, and that penetrating sex in general is disfavored.

or so his prisoners told him during his studies in the forties..:eek:

shame his studies have been discredited over the years due to his methodology of using white college students and prisoners to interview and then publish conclusions against...

ipse

solus

quote Academic criticisms were made pertaining to sample selection and sample bias in the reports' methodology. Two main problems cited were that significant portions of the samples come from prison populations and male prostitutes, and that people who volunteer to be interviewed about taboo subject are likely to suffer from the problem of self-selection. Both undermine the usefulness of the sample in terms of determining the tendencies of the overall population. In 1948, the same year as the original publication, a committee of the American Statistical Association, including notable statisticians such as John Tukey, condemned the sampling procedure. Tukey was perhaps the most vocal critic, saying, "A random selection of three people would have been better than a group of 300 chosen by Mr. Kinsey." Criticism principally revolved around the over-representation of some groups in the sample: 25% were, or had been, prison inmates, and 5% were male prostitutes. unquote

quote Kinsey's methodology used to collect data has received criticism. It has been suggested that some data in the reports could not have been obtained without collaborations with child molesters. The Kinsey Institute denies this charge, though it acknowledges that men who have had sexual experiences with children were interviewed, with Kinsey balancing what he saw as the need for their anonymity to solicit "honest answers on such taboo subjects" against the likelihood that their crimes would continue. Additionally, concerns over the sample populations used were later addressed by the Kinsey Institute. The conclusion of the Kinsey Institute was that none of Kinsey's original estimates were significantly affected by these data sources. unquote

however the american statistical association issued this statement: quote “Critics are justified in their objections that many of the most interesting and provocative statements in the [Kinsey 1948] book are not based on the data presented therein, and it is not made clear to the reader on what evidence the statements are based. Further, the conclusions drawn from data presented in the book are often stated by KPM [Kinsey, Pomeroy, and Martin] in much too bold and confident a manner. Taken cumulatively, these objections amount to saying that much of the writing in the book falls below the level of good scientific writing. unquote

the next institute director supposedly 'cleaned up' Kinsey's data...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_Reports

sorry, my statement was not to my discredit...his fiasco is taught as a case study on how to badly bugger up a study (took an A for my work). even today, sexuality studies are difficult to quantify and validate to eradicate the self report of 'bravdo' of sexual conquests or self report on STDs infection.

glad you learned how to sail...always a good skill to know when the icecaps melt...

ipse

Dave_pro2a

Well, someone gets their opinions from popular talking points.

Do you know why polygamy doesn't logically follow from the whole gay marriage thing? Because the benefits are tailored to couples, which are mutually exclusive relationships. The entire tax code would fall apart were people allowed to claim couples' benefits in every possible permutation.

From a rights-analysis polygamy between consenting adults is non-aggressive, and therefore should be outside the purview of government. But judicial gay marriage decisions are never based on rights-analysis; they have so far been based on equal protection under the law. And equal protection under the law does not require allowing group marriages.

Folks need to get their arguments straight. Thinking really isn't that hard.

That sounds so.... bigoty.

It's just a government contract between multiple parties. All benefits can be proportionally distributed.

Math is easy, well, except for how the gov calculates social security funding.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Way too much thread drift here.

Discussion of the choice/inclination/selection for one sex or another is covered by Forum Rules.

Post containing detailed, graphic or colorful stories about real or imagined actions depicting physical intimate relationship are NOT acceptable here and are decidedly off topic for OCDO.

Ignoring this warning [strike]may[/strike] will win you undesired attention.

sudden valley gunner

Gays have aligned themselves mostly with the progressive political movement, and with that movement they feel compelled to accept the platform and put common sense aside. There are many gay people who OC guns, as well as bisexual people as well, my wife is one of them. The way to change is for conservatives, and libertarians to blanket accept gay, lesbians, and bisexual people. Then they will leave slowly the progressive fold, and eventually lose support of the liberal platform.

I think a lot of people would be shocked that their girlfriends, and wives have bisexual fantasies. In studies it was found that of adult women 60 percent have a sexual attraction to the same sex. 45 percent have kissed another woman romantically. 50 percent had fantasies about other women. So there is a good bet there are a lot of conservative bi women out there that at least carry guns.

Waiting for the homophobic married males head to explode when reading the above. Just to be ahead of the demand for citation. http://www.yourtango.com/2011104439/study-average-woman-bisexual

And 38% of women have had sex with another woman. 26 percent identify as bisexual.http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/04/15/survey-26-5-of-women-are-bisexual/

+1 Our OC booth has great sucess at Bellingham Pride. Lots and lots of comments from gay folk how they lean our way politically (yep they make assumptions too) if it wasn't for the anti gay sentiments. A lot of times this is whispered as if they didn't want others to hear what they said.

One guy walks up to me "I have a shotgun its in the closet at home" all secretively and walks away as if he can't be seen with us, I comment back as he's leaving "bring it out of the closet" with a smile....he turns around and laughed and pointed at me like I see what you did there.

John had one anti keep coming to him with his so called facts John would give him a different set of facts. We could see the guy go off and look up the info and then come back again. By the end of the day he went from not wanting us there to agreeing with our view point.

Last edited:

OC for ME

... I think a lot of people would be shocked that their girlfriends, and wives have bisexual fantasies...
Hmmm...knocking the "cite" not the cite provider.

http://thisisbiscuit.co.uk/contact-us/

In the UK. A survey in search of the desired findings. I'm surprised their "findings" were not higher. Supply the surveys, not you WW, the survey owners. Saying it is true is not the same as discovering it to be true. The last three paragraphs of the pinknews article is very revealing...which is it?

Boomboy007

Yay, bigamy, or polygamy, or whatever else consenting adults want to do with themselves. I really could not care less as long as they are not demanding tolerance for their rights while being intolerant of mine.

Frankly, I think that it is way past time that we put some effort into bringing the pink folk into the fold. If I could get some gay guys to fight as hard for our 2nd amendment rights as they have for marriage equality, we would probably have Constitutional carry nationwide within a decade!

:)