• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carriers from the LGBT community to attend PrideFest 2015

RogueReflections

I decided to.....

I decided, with all the LGBT history being made this month, to not open carry to Pride this year. I will likely be wanting to interview some people and having a gun on my hip will prevent the dynamic needed to talk to others and get the story of what is happening. Since I know there will be others there who will be open carrying, to just work on the story, the angles, and gathering footage and possible interviews. The open carry dynamic will be another story for another time - as far as it concerns me on this day.

Dave_pro2a

So did a good guy or two.

images

Plus Batman & Robin, Cat Woman, Black Canary, The Black Hood, Durango Kid, Night Owl, The Phantom, The Spirit - there were plenty of others who wore masks of color.

And most all OC'd.

Vigilante = criminal

Gov has a monopoly on dispensing "justice."

Regarding NON-fantasy, yeah criminals and police: hard to tell them apart these days.

Last edited:

solus

I decided, with all the LGBT history being made this month, to not open carry to Pride this year. I will likely be wanting to interview some people and having a gun on my hip will prevent the dynamic needed to talk to others and get the story of what is happening. Since I know there will be others there who will be open carrying, to just work on the story, the angles, and gathering footage and possible interviews. The open carry dynamic will be another story for another time - as far as it concerns me on this day.

LG or handgun? first could be inhibiting to your interviewee...latter...eh might or might not make a difference to an enlightened interviewee...

ipse

Difdi

While some might argue that sexual rights are more existential than gun rights, ultimately both underpin the identity and security of the individual.

When you consider that gun rights are simply the modern expression of the right to self defense, both are pretty much equally existential. When criminals and those who would violate your rights (or just plain violate you) carry guns, then any practical exercise of the basic human right of self defense must include the RKBA, or you run the very real risk of dying heroically.

amlevin

Frankly I'm a little amazed that members of the "gun community" didn't see this coming. The LGBT(Q?) community is among the most left leaning group in the nation. By their very nature they are against ANY conservative view, gun ownership among them (unless it's for their own use to prevent violence against them).

Hypocrites all.

I still reserve the right to have my own views, letting them have theirs. Just stop trying to "rub theirs in my face". My firearm goes where I go and if anyone has a problem with it, well, they have a problem but it's not mine.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Frankly I'm a little amazed that members of the "gun community" didn't see this coming. The LGBT(Q?) community is among the most left leaning group in the nation. By their very nature they are against ANY conservative view, gun ownership among them (unless it's for their own use to prevent violence against them).

Hypocrites all.

I still reserve the right to have my own views, letting them have theirs. Just stop trying to "rub theirs in my face". My firearm goes where I go and if anyone has a problem with it, well, they have a problem but it's not mine.

+1

solus

It has been a one way street for a long time with the LBGT community, since in general they do not support my rights either 1A or 2A I no longer can support them in any manner.

so jeff, et al., uh, which group, GLBT? or 2A? has national recognition for about everything they wanted?

the GLBT community has worked the system, nationally, for the last 45 years winning the majority of activities against religious zealots that make bloomy's crowd look like tourists. how is the 2A national campaign ~ in case you haven't noticed, there isn't any ~ going in your mind? state level 2A groups have splintered, sputtered, and faltered on any national consensus...

even WA has differing 2A goals ~ Western WA and those east of the Cascades Mtns as proven by 594 efforts...

ipse

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

so jeff, et al., uh, which group, GLBT? or 2A? has national recognition for about everything they wanted?

the GLBT community has worked the system, nationally, for the last 45 years winning the majority of activities against religious zealots that make bloomy's crowd look like tourists. how is the 2A national campaign ~ in case you haven't noticed, there isn't any ~ going in your mind? state level 2A groups have splintered, sputtered, and faltered on any national consensus...

even WA has differing 2A goals ~ Western WA and those east of the Cascades Mtns as proven by 594 efforts...

ipse

So Solus what does that have to do with my comment?

I am withdrawing my support because we now have bad law because of my support and it looks like there will be a lot more bad law if the GLBT folks have their way. Why would I support more bad law and more infringement on others rights? While I support the government treating everyone equally I do not support demanding others accept another persons lifestyle.

solus

So Solus what does that have to do with my comment?

I am withdrawing my support because we now have bad law because of my support and it looks like there will be a lot more bad law if the GLBT folks have their way. Why would I support more bad law and more infringement on others rights? While I support the government treating everyone equally I do not support demanding others accept another persons lifestyle.

sorry jeff you missed my point...it is not about your mentality to support them cuz you disagree with the law(s) enacted. the point centered around
your comment about their long NATIONAL single focus drive the GLBT community engaged in which has resulted in their being the victor!!

again, if you are not content with the law who cares as they apparently got what the GLBT community was seeking didn't they!

the remainder of my post centered on the hypothetical concept of what would our national 2A situation be like if there was a single focus campaign, like the GLBT community did, instead of the hodgepodge of egos trying to figure out how to proceed to get what with is the best.

darn, the 2A community can't even reach consensus what we want and in which priority let alone decide how to even proceed!! again the prime example was WA's effort on 594...

do you honestly believe, if the 2A community got what they wanted, there wouldn't be someone somewhere who wouldn't like the legislative, but the bottom line...the 2A community would have won!!

that was the point

ipse

sudden valley gunner

It has been a one way street for a long time with the LBGT community, since in general they do not support my rights either 1A or 2A I no longer can support them in any manner.

I was referring specifically to the rub it in my face comment. Some people don't want to see "gay" people being gay. Some people don't want to see guns openly carried.

Both will use silly comments like the other is rubbing it in their face.

Yes many don't support our rights, but so do many straight people. Look how many straight people voted for the last gun infringement in this state.

OC for ME

... The open carry dynamic will be another story for another time - as far as it concerns me on this day.
Another small victory for the anti-liberty crowd.

Pridefest folks: "Why do you want to OC this time? You acquiesced to our request [intolerant demands] last time around. You gun people are always trying to rustle up trouble...no, NO GUNS."

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Polygamy next!

Well, someone gets their opinions from popular talking points.

Do you know why polygamy doesn't logically follow from the whole gay marriage thing? Because the benefits are tailored to couples, which are mutually exclusive relationships. The entire tax code would fall apart were people allowed to claim couples' benefits in every possible permutation.

From a rights-analysis polygamy between consenting adults is non-aggressive, and therefore should be outside the purview of government. But judicial gay marriage decisions are never based on rights-analysis; they have so far been based on equal protection under the law. And equal protection under the law does not require allowing group marriages.

Folks need to get their arguments straight. Thinking really isn't that hard.

WalkingWolf

I was referring specifically to the rub it in my face comment. Some people don't want to see "gay" people being gay. Some people don't want to see guns openly carried.

Both will use silly comments like the other is rubbing it in their face.

Yes many don't support our rights, but so do many straight people. Look how many straight people voted for the last gun infringement in this state.

Gays have aligned themselves mostly with the progressive political movement, and with that movement they feel compelled to accept the platform and put common sense aside. There are many gay people who OC guns, as well as bisexual people as well, my wife is one of them. The way to change is for conservatives, and libertarians to blanket accept gay, lesbians, and bisexual people. Then they will leave slowly the progressive fold, and eventually lose support of the liberal platform.

I think a lot of people would be shocked that their girlfriends, and wives have bisexual fantasies. In studies it was found that of adult women 60 percent have a sexual attraction to the same sex. 45 percent have kissed another woman romantically. 50 percent had fantasies about other women. So there is a good bet there are a lot of conservative bi women out there that at least carry guns.

Waiting for the homophobic married males head to explode when reading the above. Just to be ahead of the demand for citation. http://www.yourtango.com/2011104439/study-average-woman-bisexual

And 38% of women have had sex with another woman. 26 percent identify as bisexual.http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/04/15/survey-26-5-of-women-are-bisexual/

Have Gun - Will Carry

Well, someone gets their opinions from popular talking points.

Do you know why polygamy doesn't logically follow from the whole gay marriage thing? Because the benefits are tailored to couples, which are mutually exclusive relationships. The entire tax code would fall apart were people allowed to claim couples' benefits in every possible permutation.

From a rights-analysis polygamy between consenting adults is non-aggressive, and therefore should be outside the purview of government. But judicial gay marriage decisions are never based on rights-analysis; they have so far been based on equal protection under the law. And equal protection under the law does not require allowing group marriages.

Folks need to get their arguments straight. Thinking really isn't that hard.

Well now, Marshaul, I'm going to have to thoroughly disagree with you on this statement. Maybe it's not all that difficult for many of us - having even become second nature for a few! - but others, not so much... After all, simply reading many of the comments on this forum shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that thinking must involve great difficulty, even hardship, for some!