• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Downtown Milwaukee

eleuthera

imported post

If you're coming with, please make sure to read Fuhrer Flynn's code of conduct guide for his "troops."

http://media.journalinteractive.com/documents/bulletin.pdf

Like I said though, I believe our best course of action will be to identify ourselves, wish them a good day, and thank them for their service. If they illegally take our guns, even for a second, they've got a lawsuit coming.

We're seeking NORMALIZATION: if cops anticipate a confrontation every time they respond to a MWAG call, it will feed conflict. If we cooperate (within reason) and make their lives easier, they will eventually reciprocate.

And if good old fashioned friendliness doesn't win them over, the coming civil rights lawsuits will :-D

Plan on meeting on the corner of 2nd and Wisconsin. And be careful that where you park isn't inside a school zone! Lastly, can someone please verify the boundaries I listed above? Can't hurt to double check :)

eleuthera

imported post

Security called police. My gun was seized illegally but eventually returned. I was interviewed by the news and I will on Channel 12 ~5pm. Whole thing audio recorded, I wasn't charged with anything. Jesus G. tried to met up with us today but we didn't have each others' phone numbers. Mike, I asked the reporter to call you to get your opinion on all this - I'm not sure if he'll follow through.

THEY HAVE A MAP OF SCHOOL ZONES! Can someone please FOI that bad boy?

More details and pictures will come soon.

Anyone up for an open carry tomorrow?

semperfiws6

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think a planned event a short time in the future would draw more people. This weekend is no good for me (in laws in town), and next weekend I am going to MN. for my sisters grad. from nursing school. I would def. like to go to onethough.

eleuthera, glad they at least gave your gun back. How many people showed?

AaronS

imported post

What did the cop tell ya, or do I have to wait for the news in two hours.

I might be able to break away for a little tomorrow, what time are you thinking. What will we do (cant just stand around).

Let me know what time you are hitting it again.

How did the cop go about disarming you? Did he have you give it to him, or did you make him take it from you? As for me, he will have to take it off my person. I would not even think of brandishing my gun, thats his job.

AaronS

imported post

Oh, and how do we get this "school zone" map? Does all the Milwaukee PD have it? If so, we should be able to ask for one, I would think.

eleuthera

imported post

Um, I'm gonna talk to a few people before I release any more specific info than I have. I run by the "where there is no experience, the wise man remains silent." Suffice it to say, MWAG call, cop responds, takes gun, takes an hour to figure out I broke no laws, returns gun, mall asks me to leave.

As for the map, the cop said that they were distributed (to MPD), and it looked to include circles of 1000 ft radius.

Parabellum showed, but I didn't have his number so he wasn't able to find us. Two of my friends, including KyleJ (Thanks dude!) had my back the whole time.

Also, God showed...thank you Lord for everything. Could not have gone any better. Perfect test case of this illegal terry stop crap, no one was in danger at any time, and I didn't accidentally break any laws. God is good!

I do want to mention that the cops were very friendly and professional. Uninformed, but that's their boss's fault IMHO.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm glad your okay, as they say "observe and report" for security guards. Malls are one place we need to definately work on. Good job by the way, it sound slike you kept your composure! Yes please seek legal advice from your attorny ora civil rights attorny. I would have came today but I found out thursday that my thesis paper is due tomorrow instead of next sunday :uhoh:. So far I have worked 12 hours on it and got another 5 to go...Then again I hate going downtown! Parking sucks!

Ben

semperfiws6

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just saw your brief interview. I love how they cut you off.

Good job bro. Looks like you conducted yourself and presented yourself very professionally.

Kudos to you.

Apet

imported post

Saw the report. Well done. I hope you follow up on the siezure.

Interesting to see that individual police may respond differently, rather than face down and arrested. Some lawyer must have had a cow about Flynn.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Security called police. My gun was seized illegally but eventually returned. I was interviewed by the news and I will on Channel 12 ~5pm. Whole thing audio recorded, I wasn't charged with anything. Jesus G. tried to met up with us today but we didn't have each others' phone numbers. Mike, I asked the reporter to call you to get your opinion on all this - I'm not sure if he'll follow through.

THEY HAVE A MAP OF SCHOOL ZONES! Can someone please FOI that bad boy?

More details and pictures will come soon.

Anyone up for an open carry tomorrow?
Awesome! Post pics/links asap! Great Job!

What time tomorrow? What do you have in mind? Wanted to join you guys today but was on my boat on pewaukee lake all afternoon drinking. ;)

eleuthera

imported post

Question - does anybody know the statute on adherence to the rules of private property owners, regarding the requirements of rules being posted in a certain area and of a certain font? I'm coming up empty handed in my research.

The news clip said the mall claimed they had a no gun policy posted, but there were no signs on any of the entrances - Parabellum and I both checked.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

eleuthera wrote:
Um, I'm gonna talk to a few people before I release any more specific info than I have. I run by the "where there is no experience, the wise man remains silent." Suffice it to say, MWAG call, cop responds, takes gun, takes an hour to figure out I broke no laws, returns gun, mall asks me to leave.
So like, the police did not read the AG's memo nor the Milw. Police Memo, both of which note that OC is legal and does not trigger Terry stops. Looks like they have some work to do.

eleuthera

imported post

My favorite part was at the end: "The police dept. said it's up to individual officers to decide whether or not to file charges." Read:"We tried, really,we justcouldn't figure out anything to charge him with. But we're not going to tell you that! Then you'd know the law!"

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

eleuthera wrote:
As for the map, the cop said that they were distributed (to MPD), and it looked to include circles of 1000 ft radius.
Maps with circles would be approximations at best. I know of no school property that is circular in shape. An accurate map would require taking measurements from a number of spots along the perimeter of the school property, depending upon the shape of the property.

AaronS

imported post

eleuthera wrote:
My favorite part was at the end: "The police dept. said it's up to individual officers to decide whether or not to file charges." Read:"We tried, really,we justcouldn't figure out anything to charge him with. But we're not going to tell you that! Then you'd know the law!"

With your arm in a sling, I don't know if you COULD be consideredas a threat.

I am still tring to figure out how you even got your gun on your belt.

eleuthera

imported post

Open carry invite! Parabellum and I will be open carrying this afternoon, ~4pm. He has family in the area, we'll meet there and take a walk in the park. The location is here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=L...87.853321&sspn=0.007078,0.010525&ie=UTF8&z=12

Please PM if you'd like to come with so I can give you more specific directions and my phone number.

Couple things to mention:
1. Obviously, no alcohol.
2. Know your law before you come out here - if you need help, there are plenty of people who'd be happy to explain things to you. We just don't want anyone to accidentally break a law: we have the moral (and legal) high ground in this argument, it's essential that we keep it!
3. Please wear a big smile and be friendly as all hell - most wars in America are fought and won in the realm of public opinion, like it or not.
4. Be aware that both police and the media watch this board, so remember to represent yourself as the patriots you are! One moment of angry words or a loose tongue can do a lot of damage.
5. As always, voice recorders if you're bringing a gun.

Now I'm going to FOIA that freakin map!