• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

08/24/07 OC'ed at Pancho Villa restaurant on the north side of route 610 (Garrisonville Road) for dinner and then on to Lowe's in the Stafford Marketplace. No problems or raised eyebrows or funny looks from any one.:)

Tricorn

imported post

Thursday, 8-23, had dinner at Ristorante Renato in downtown Fredericksburg.

Friday, 8-24,had dinner at Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd, Spotsy. While we were eating, two gentlemen - ond a Spotsy Deputy -came in and sat at a table behind me. No problems. From there we went to Ukrop's to get groceries. It was hot outside and they were having a/c problems so they had staff walking around handing out cold bottled water to customers to help keep them cool. I took a bottle, wife and I split it. Didn't need much, in and out in less than 30 minutes. Then home.

Tricorn

imported post

Yesterday, 8/28, went to the Comcast office in Spotsy to find outabout digital cable. They have reorganized our lineup with a bunch of the ones we watch moving to digital.Stood at the counter talking to the sales rep, decided on the package we wanted and picked up the digital boxes. Then went to our Optometrist in Gateway Village off Rte 3 in Fredericksburg. Wife had to pick up a new pair of glasses and I dropped off a pair to be fixed. Then on to LaPetite Auberge in downtown Fredericksburg fordinner. Place was crowded. Had to park on a side street so had to walk about 2 blocks from the car to the restaurant and then back again.

Today, 8/29, went to Super Targetat Cosner's Corner in Spotsyto pick up a gift for a birthday party this weekend and to get a longer cable for one of the TVs. I wound up walking completely around the store to find the electronics section. Then went to Red Robin Restaurantat Cosner's Corner for dinner.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

-8/28/07 OC'ed at the Giant Supermarket on Rte 610, Stafford. Nothing happened, 'cept a little girl clobbered her noggin on the handle of her dad's shopping cart. It hurt just to watch it.

Tricorn

imported post

Had dinner at Vinny's Grill and Pizza tonight. Chatted with a couple of the waitresses, Becky and Angelina. Then on to Giant Food on Courthouse Rd (Rte 208) for groceries. Chatted with Mike, the produce guy. He told us about his vacation. He asked, "What are you carrying today, a 9?" I replied, "45." Then he related how a couple of guys he knows cc. We got to talking about gun laws in Va and some of the surrounding states. I told him about OCDO, unfortunately I didn't have any of those brochures with me. Maybe next time. Wandered around getting our items. Chatted with Linda the cashier as we were checking out. Then home.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OC'ed tonight at the Costco gas pumps. Had dinner at Barefoot Greens on Sophia in Fredericksburg. From there went to Lowes in Stafford. Non-events each.

Tricorn

imported post

Went to The Log Cabin Restaurant on Rte 1 in Stafford for dinner. As we walked in Amy (one of the waitresses) was doing hostess duty at the time, greeted us and took us to our usual table. Our iced teas were waiting for us. Cindy (bartender/waitress) asked my wife if she wantedher usual, aZombie. I was driving (99.99% of the time I drive when we go there) so my wife said yes. Our waitress, Sarah (very friendly), asked me if I wanted anything besides iced tea. I replied no, just the iced tea. She took our orders, we ate, and paid. On our way out, my wife stopped to talk with some of the waitress. I joked around with the waitresses then chatted with the co-owner about politics, we have had discussions before. After about 5 minutes, they needed to check on the customers, so we left and were homeward.

Tricorn

imported post

Went to Aunt Sarah's Pancake House on Rte 3 in Fredericksburg for breakfast. Got there about 10 AM, fairly crowded. Then went to Cold Stone Creamery In Southpoint II in Spotsy. Wife wanted to get her "stash" of ice cream for the week. Only one other customer was there. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

Wednesday, 09/05, had dinner at UNO Chicago Grill in Southpoint II.

Thursday, 09/06, had dinner at Bivio Luciano Italian Restaurant on Courthouse Rd. As the waitress was picking up our payment, she said she had just noticed my gun, she took our money and we left.

Friday, 09/07, had dinner at George's Pizza at Five Mile Fork. Then went grocery shopping at Giant Food on Courthouse Rd. Didn't have much on the list so we weren't there long. When we left, as were getting ready take the cart down the ramp to the parking lot, a Spotsy Deputy came around the brick column from the parking lot. I said hello, he said hello, and he passed me on my gun side. He continued in to the store and we continued to our car.

Saturday, 09/08, had breakfast at Aunt Sarah's Pancake House on Rte 3. Noticed several out of state plates in the parking lot. Had a couple of looks follow us from the hostess station to our table. We chatted with a couple of the waitresses. Ate and left.

Tricorn

imported post

Monday evening, 9/10, went to Rosner Toyota on Rte 1 in Fredericksburg to drop off truck for state inspection and service. Waited for several minutes in the service area for a service rep to be free. Talked with the Service guy while he was writing up ticket. Then went to dinner at LaPetite Auberge in downtown Fredericksburg. As usual, parked on a side street and had to walk about 2 blocks to the restaurant. Chatted with the hostess a bit. After dinner, walked back to the car and then home.

Tuesday evening, 9/11, went to Rosner to pick up the truck. Paid and started to leave and heard a noise. Took the truck back in and told them about it. They took the truck for a test drive, and said it would be about15 minutes to fix it. Stood around the service area for awhile then went and sat in the waiting area. They fixed the problem, then on to Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd in Spotsy fro dinner. Talked to Becky the waitress a bit. Ate and went home.

Wednesday, 9/12, went to Ristorante Renato in downtown Fredericksburg for dinner.

Friday, 9/14, Went to Scafa's Italian Restaurant on Courthouse Rd (Rte 208) for lunch. Arrived toward the endof the lunch hour, placed was pretty crowded. Then went across the street to Giant Food. Picked up a prescription at the pharmacy, then wandered around the store getting our groceries. Chatted with Mike the produce guy. Spent about 45 minutes getting everything on the list. Paid and then home.

SIGguy229

imported post

Was out tonight (9/14) at Moe's Southwest Grill on Rt 610 (Stafford)....just a few stares, but no running and screaming...

Then OCd at Starbucks....wife needed her fix...no issues

Tricorn

imported post

Last night went to Ruby Tuesday's at Rte 1 and Mine Rd in Spotsy for dinner. Place wasn't crowded but they put everyone in the same area. I was sitting on the aisle. As we were leaving, one of the hostesses commented she liked my hat.

Marco

imported post

9/19 was "Talk like Pirate day" she might have thought you were celebrating.

attachment.php

Tricorn

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Tricorn wrote:
As we were leaving, one of the hostesses commented she liked my hat.

since yesterday 9/19 was "Talk like Pirate day" she might have thought you were celebrating.

If you were wearing the hat in your avatar.
She might not know what a Pirate hat looks like?

Edit: didn't know about the celebration until someone told me about it and then i had to research it. http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/wordpress/
Didn't know about the pirate day. But I wouldn't be surprised if she thought it was a pirate hat, regardless of the day. I have had adults comment on that great pirate hat on the 4th of July. I constantly hear, "Look at the pirate," from kids and adults. If they are closeby or say that directly to me, I will correct them. With kids, particularly those of high school age, I will say, " You must go to public school." Most of the time they answer in the affirmative and ask how I knew. I will say it was obvious since they know nothing of the history of their country and cannot recognize the hat of the Founding Fathers. If, per chance, they answer they go to private school,I will say their parents aren't getting their money's worth since they obviously aren't being taught American history..... UsuallyI get a blank stare in return.This country is in sad shape.

Tricorn

imported post

Went to dinner last night at Ristorante Renato in downtown Fredericksburg. One of the booths near ours had two couples and one could hear them talking about what they did that day and what they were going to do the next. They were somewhat loud and boisterous. They were obviously tourists as they kept mentioning visiting the War of Northern Aggression (they of course called them Civil War) battle sites in the area. Plus they had very strong yankee accents,being raised in PRNYCitwas easy to recognize. As we were leaving, the wife stopped by their table to welcome them to the area (she is a native Virginian) and found out they were from Rhode Island and Connecticut.She proceeded to tell them I was from NY. I just said, "Hi. Enjoy your visit." I turned, right hip toward them,and started for the door. It got very quiet at their table. Wonder if it was the Ruger Super Blackhawk on my hip?

Tonight, went to dinner at Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd in Spotsy. Chatted with Becky the waitress. As we walked out the door, a Spotsy Deputy was coming in. We exchanged, "Hi, how you doing,"greetings and continued on our separate ways. Then on to Giant Food for groceries. Didn't need much, in and out fairly quickly. Then home.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OCed tonight at Thomas Italian Restaurant on Doc Stone Rd off of 610. Go figure, an Italian restaurant with a Welsh name:question:

Any ways the staff took no notice of the firearm. Shortly after the Princess and I were seated a group of four (two couples) came in, rather loud group but tolerable. They were seated to my strong side. I overheard a remark about my piece. The restaurant had some obnoxious opera music playing on the PA and one of the speakers had annoying static emanating from it. Their discussion turned to the crappy sound system and they asked me if I would shoot out the offending speaker (jokingly of course). I said I didn't really feel like going to jail this evening. One of the guys said, "yeah, the paper work would probably be too much." We smiled and that was the end of it.

The food was pretty good there, but the service leaves much to be desired as does the atmosphere. The Princess likes the food though and I suppose we'll be back again.