• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

POPS VA

Tricorn
God bless you, you report almost weekly.
You keep this thread alive. I will try to do the same in weeks to come and I sure would love to run into you one day. This week I was at my usual stops in addition to my supply houses (Mid South Building Products is very pro OC) and job sites I have OC'd at Giant on rt 218 ABC in the same complex, State Farm at Chatham, the new Walgreens on 218, Sheetz on rt 3, King George Hair and Tan, El Charros and Food Lion in King George.

POPS VA

OC this past week, Giant on 218 3x, ABC same complex, my supply houses several times, Sheetz on Lafeyette Blvd (gas at 3.03 gal), Subway in King George, the rest of the week was alot of windshield time.

AtackDuck

F'burg Gun Show

Took the first hitch at Saturday's VCDL booth. Great time. First time for the wife and she is hooked. Next is getting her a proper holster and then down to Lobby Day!
Afterward, went to Costco and saw many "Guns Save Lives" stickers on display throughout the store. Did my heart good to see the startled looks on some faces and the grins and approval on others.

Tricorn

OC this past week: Giant (Courthouse Rd), May/Hettler/Finney Optometrists, Basilico Italian Market & New York Deli, Gander Mtn, Firehouse Subs (Massaponax), Wegman's, The Log Cabin

POPS VA

OC highlights the last two weeks, The usual stops ABC and Giant at Town and Country, also Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, Ferry Farm Animal clinic,Mid South Supply, Roof Center, Tractor Supply on Route 3, Home Depot on Route 3, Wawa on Route 208 all with no issues.

Tricorn

OC highlights the last two weeks, ..., also Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, ...

That is interesting. I have been to Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg @ MWH numerous times over the last few years and they have always had a Slash-Gun sign posted. I was there this morning and the sign was there on the window to the left of the sliding door about eye level. It said something to the effect of guns prohibited except for forensic personnel. Being the Luddite I am, my phone only makes pone calls. It doesn't have a camera.

Last edited:

POPS VA

That is interesting. I have been to Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg @ MWH numerous times over the last few years and they have always had a Slash-Gun sign posted. I was there this morning and the sign was there on the window to the left of the sliding door about eye level. It said something to the effect of guns prohibited except for forensic personnel. Being the Luddite I am, my phone only makes pone calls. It doesn't have a camera.

Hmm, I didn't see the sign, however no one said a word. It was 7:30 in the morning so maybe not enough coffee had been consumed, They were worried about my fish hook necklace though. I'll be back there soon so I'll lock it in the car next time. Thanks for the heads up.

Tricorn

OC past 2 weeks: Giant (Courthouse Rd - 2X, Eagle Village), Wawa (Harrison Rd & Rte 1 - 3X). Spent the better part of those 2 weeks in VA Beach OCing (hotel (The Breakers), Mary's Restaurant, Lynnhaven Fish House, Rockafellers, on Atlantic Ave, on the boardwalk (various times/places including watching the Susan G. Komen 5k Race for the Cure).

rangeryo

OC past 2 weeks: Giant (Courthouse Rd - 2X, Eagle Village), Wawa (Harrison Rd & Rte 1 - 3X). Spent the better part of those 2 weeks in VA Beach OCing (hotel (The Breakers), Mary's Restaurant, Lynnhaven Fish House, Rockafellers, on Atlantic Ave, on the boardwalk (various times/places including watching the Susan G. Komen 5k Race for the Cure).

I too OC at VB weekend before last, with no issues. Courtyard Marriott, Captain Georges, Boardwalk, Atlantic Ave, VB Aquarium, among most of the "touristy" stores along Atlantic. I might have saw you, as I was on Atlantic the morning of the 5k Race for the Cure (honeymooning). I would have been around 6-7 blocks either side of 25th st.

Heading to Fredericksburg from Richmond around 12:30 for work, and plan on OCing during my short stay.

Tricorn

... I might have saw you, as I was on Atlantic the morning of the 5k Race for the Cure (honeymooning). I would have been around 6-7 blocks either side of 25th st.

Honeymooning? Congratulations! You left the room?

I was around the 16th Street area - both Atlantic Ave and the boardwalk for the race.

If you saw an old guy wearing a tricorn hat, that probably would have been me.

Liberty-or-Death

I also was at VB the 12th &13th with my bride on our anniversary, visited the VA Aquarium (wife demanded I conceal), stayed on Atlantic Ave at 12th At, visited the shops. Nice time.

Be active.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I also was at VB the 12th &13th with my bride on our anniversary, visited the VA Aquarium (wife demanded I conceal), stayed on Atlantic Ave at 12th At, visited the shops. Nice time.

Be active.

He hee...............HA HA..........:lol: :lol:

Sorry - had a weak moment. I know we all have our priorities.

Liberty-or-Death

She is still warming up to OC and requires I CC in certain environments because she doesn't want to fall under scrutiny just because she's standing near me. She isn't willing yet to deal with the hassle of an MDA type embarrassing her and ruining our outing. She's a good wife and I'm not going to push her into it.

Be active.