• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in NC

carolina guy

I truly do hate having to repeat myself, once should be enough. *sighs* But, as I have said multiple times before...here it is again.

I do not think type/length matters at all...this is the south/country. People are supposed to be used to seeing knives and firearms.

As I have said before, Hickory Tapp Room, Olde Hickory Train Station, Soup Kitchen, Wine Shoppe.

It is no different from a KA-BAR, leatherman, or bowie knife. Let me try to find a picture. I am not sending a picture of what exactly I am carrying, as I have no home internet and am not taking it out of its sheath because that would alarm people and risk me being charged for terror of the public. I will, however post a similar picture.

It *might* be that the restaurant might have an aversion to zombies and the such... :)

PATRIOT88

Banned
I was considering going into detail, but Im not. It does not surprise me anymore how far posts tend to stray off topic. Can the moderator please delete this thread? I have naught else to say. Its a knife. Big deal. I am not threatening anyone. Get over it. I see no reason to state and city facts and proof that you CAN own and carry any arm due to the likelihood I will just be refuted and challenged again. I have the proof and can include it within 20 minutes but I no longer see a point or purpose to do so. Just an observation but it seems very few here, if any are willing to have an open mind.

Last edited:

drsysadmin

Color Commentary added in.... Color! Who'd a thunk it?

I was considering going into detail, but Im not.
In other words - I might not be able to keep my story straight, and since I already have screwed that up once here, I better not stick my foot in my mouth again.

It does not surprise me anymore how far posts tend to stray off topic. Can the moderator please delete this thread?
Man I am so embarrassed at being caught out. Hey you there, guy I fussed at for posting in a different thread earlier - can you get rid of this evidence of my chicanery and changing stories? Oh yea... "Uh, Please?"

I have naught else to say.
Except not really. Because I am gonna keep on typing!

Its a knife. Big deal. I am not threatening anyone. Get over it.
Nobody has a right to question me. I know my rights! I can do anything I want anywhere I want so NEENER NEENER NEENER PTHTHTHTHTHFFFFFFFFT! Anybody seen my superman pajamas?

I see no reason to state and city facts and proof that you CAN own and carry any arm due to the likelihood I will just be refuted and challenged again.
Mainly because I don't really have any proof or facts to state. If I am challenged I must resort to ranting in a big angry wall of text that someone will just use to embarrass me again.

I have the proof and can include it within 20 minutes but I no longer see a point or purpose to do so.
No really - I do have proof. You just can't see it. Its - well its - INVISIBLE! ITS INVISIBLE PROOF -that is why you can't see it. It would take me about 20 minutes to find it because you know - its invisible....And even then you couldn't see it - so I don't see a point to showing it to you. I am sure you understand, right?

Just an observation but it seems very few here, if any are willing to have an open mind.
Ya'll need to open your mind, wider... wider.... all the way open. C'mon, you gotta open it all the way so your brain can fall out and then you will be lame enough to believe all the horsehockey I spew.

solus

wow drsys...just bloody wow...

i can truly say i have never seen anyone personally attack someone to the extent and fashion you have to degrade and embarrass this member in all the time i have cruised the forum.

i am afraid the poor judgement you stated this member was exercising apparently comes from first hand knowledge you yourself are quite familiar with...

skid is truly a shame i am out of the area as i would also contribute to the dining festivities after this verbal whipping the member endured...

ipse

drsysadmin

Solus,

Generally speaking, while we have our differences - I think you and I are somewhat alike in that we both do not suffer fools gladly. As Grapeshot pointed out, my view of this person is based purely on their own actions and self-representation. While you apparently found my "summary judgment" objectionable, you either chose or were unable to find a flaw in the foundational reasoning of it.

When a person decides to post changing stories online, claim to have proof of things but refuses to share said proof, attacks others for daring to "question" them or their actions, denigrates others for exercising their own rights, acts to intentionally create an incident/engagement with LE, fails to research or understand the law even when the information is provided to them, among other irresponsible or questionable acts - they prove themselves a fool and open themselves and their behavior up for honest, and at times - humorous, analysis. Which is what I have attempted to provide.

If my color commentary were not based on the statements and self described actions of Patriot88, I could see where you would say it was an attack. But, if anything negative said about another member based on their actions here is an "attack" - then you have just attacked me as well. After all - you castigated me for "summary judgement" of Patriot since I had not met him. Yet we have not met and here you are accusing me of "poor judgment" as well. Ironic much?

Let me be clear - I don't think you attacked me at all. I think you "called it like you saw it". I respect that, even though I disagree. My intention, so far unsuccessful, was to point out to Patriot using mocking humor that doing things like saying (paraphrased) "I have proof but you can't see it" is pretty much asinine and useless if people are going to engage in discussions. Yes, I used humor to do so since it also pointed out to the forum that - at least so far - Patriot88 has demonstrated a certain unwillingness to discuss anything other than how everyone else is wrong if they disagree with his viewpoint. I also used it to point out the ever changing stories and the lack of overall maturity Patriot88 has demonstrated to date.

Was it uncalled for? That isn't for me or apparently, you, to decide. If I get a scolding (or worse), so be it. I will own that and respect it. Either way, I would trust that you would consider your own, rather ironic position at this point and perhaps recall it before you embroil yourself in something again. Just a thought. ;)

solus

Solus,

snip...

I would trust that you would consider your own, rather ironic position at this point and perhaps recall it before you embroil yourself in something again. Just a thought. ;)

AGAIN??

pray tell me, from your august perspective of my position as well of the circumstances of previous excursions i have embroiled myself in ???

[me thinks this should be quite an interesting explaination...]

ipse

Last edited:

drsysadmin

Really Solus?
You are an intelligent guy with a significant vocabulary. Must we bandy words when the meaning was clear?

You decided to call me out for "summary judgment". I rebutted your claim and invited you to debate it if you disagreed. You.... chose not to do so.
Then you went and did the same exact thing you faulted me for - a "summary judgment" - by accusing me of exercising poor judgment. You however, failed to offer any significant foundation for your accusation other than a single post. I then responded - and the quoted text you reference is merely where I pointed out to you the irony of your actions and suggested that it would be wise - in the future - that you consider your accusations and castigations a little more carefully. Thus, "... before you embroil yourself in something again" is in reference to the future, as you have already injected yourself into this present commentary and had a personal "Pot meets Kettle" moment because of it. The use of the word "would" in that quoted text does denote a future tense, as I am sure you are (and likely were) aware of. I hope that you learn from this moment (we have all had them I am sure - I know I have) and recall it next time when you decide to point out an error you feel another has committed. If not - you just might be making the same ironic mistake as this time.

While I do tend to communicate on the same level as those I am conversing with (as demonstrated in my commentary directed at patriot), perhaps I was not clear enough in the use of wording. Either way, I trust you are now lucid regarding my meaning, or do I need to expound further?

Last edited:

solus

Really Solus?
You are an intelligent guy with a significant vocabulary. Must we bandy words when the meaning was clear?

You decided to call me out for "summary judgment". I rebutted your claim and invited you to debate it if you disagreed. You.... chose not to do so.
Then you went and did the same exact thing you faulted me for - a "summary judgment" - by accusing me of exercising poor judgment. You however, failed to offer any significant foundation for your accusation other than a single post. I then responded - and the quoted text you reference is merely where I pointed out to you the irony of your actions and suggested that it would be wise - in the future - that you consider your accusations and castigations a little more carefully. Thus, "... before you embroil yourself in something again" is in reference to the future, as you have already injected yourself into this present commentary and had a personal "Pot meets Kettle" moment because of it. The use of the word "would" in that quoted text does denote a future tense, as I am sure you are (and likely were) aware of. I hope that you learn from this moment (we have all had them I am sure - I know I have) and recall it next time when you decide to point out an error you feel another has committed. If not - you just might be making the same ironic mistake as this time.

While I do tend to communicate on the same level as those I am conversing with (as demonstrated in my commentary directed at patriot), perhaps I was not clear enough in the use of wording. Either way, I trust you are now lucid regarding my meaning, or do I need to expound further?

I just knew this was going to be an interesting explanation...

Kaffee: Oh, spare me the psychobabble father ********.

nawllll, right decided to chose not to...wasn't any point to belabor since as evidenced now...you got the point after i pushed your button!!

as for your ironic perspective that my personal moment of meeting the kettle...nawllll, sorry, but your perspective of your world apparently differs significantly from mine!!

Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to.
Col. Jessep: *You want answers?*
Kaffee: *I want the truth!*
Col. Jessep: *You can't handle the truth!*

drsys...you executed the code red on the member not once, but twice...now put that in your kettle of fish!!

ipse

drsysadmin

Solus...

...after i pushed your button!!
Yes, that is exactly what folks like you seem to think is important - glad you were so happy you missed the fact you exposed your true motivations with your double exclamation points of glee.
I see - your one of those types... Got it.
Throw out accusations, and then nitpick and bounce around points while avoiding the factual rebuttals. Ignore what you start when you can't win, and keep changing the goalposts so you don't have to admit you been schooled (in this case, repeatedly). Yep - I have seen it before. :rolleyes:

And of course - when you get really pinned down, you just make stuff up... Like this:

drsys...you executed the code red on the member not once, but twice...now put that in your kettle of fish!!

The FACT that you are ignoring (see above) is that when I supposedly went "code red" on Patriot, it was based (as I later proceeded to instruct you) on his own statements. It obviously was NOT a "code red" seeing as how my assertions were later expounded upon by a moderator. You know - those things you couldn't dispute so you ignored them. ;)

Then the "second code red".... given that I have conversed with a moderator in the last 24 hours and there has been no mention of any issue with my post - again your accusation is simply made up claptrap. There's your pot of fish.

Now why you felt a need to start with me I don't know, nor do I care. The fact is you have shown your motivation to be nothing more than trying to "push buttons" even as you have been schooled. Was it worth it to your pride? Knowing folks who show the same characteristics as you, your response will likely be bombastic smoke, mirrors and irrationality. Mute point either way.

I'd suggest we return to a subject worthy of this forum.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
'Nuff I said/he said - agree to disagree if you must, but we do have better things to do.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Here I sit in Hickory NC just about to start supper. So far the lady at the motel said Hi! And told me about the good and the cheap places to eat a guy in the parking lot said Hi and Looks like you are ready for anything. Hostess showed me to my seat and got my drink order in, then the waitron came by and we discussed rare (dripping blood and still mooing) as opposed to 'pink'. Nobody has run out screaming and so far no cops. What a letdown.

stay safe.

bc.cruiser

Here I sit in Hickory NC just about to start supper. So far the lady at the motel said Hi! And told me about the good and the cheap places to eat a guy in the parking lot said Hi and Looks like you are ready for anything. Hostess showed me to my seat and got my drink order in, then the waitron came by and we discussed rare (dripping blood and still mooing) as opposed to 'pink'. Nobody has run out screaming and so far no cops. What a letdown.

stay safe.

Man, I really hate sad stories like this.:lol:

See you tomorrow. The bike is ready, but I haven't yet decided which scary accessory to wear.

HPmatt

stay safe.

Blood drippn' rare steak? Do zombies hang out w vampires? Bet you are going to cut it with a sharp knife too. Really sure no one ran outside first, then started screamin' ? Children, mothers or p'haps grannies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solus

Blood drippn' rare steak? Do zombies hang out w vampires? Bet you are going to cut it with a sharp knife too. Really sure no one ran outside first, then started screamin' ? Children, mothers or p'haps grannies?

nawllll, this here boi, be OC country, livin the way its suppose to be...without none of them their privileged cards needed wat-sew-evr to OC.

(now ya'l no, just no ya'l would have been disappointed if i didn't poke at the longhorn lad so quit yr bellyach'n and saying ~ did he really just go there!!)

ipse

solus

So when are solus and drsysadmin going to wine and dine each other?

guess your'n momma teach ya boi ya don't go poking things with sharp sticks...sooooo

boi, don't ya'l go mess'g in things which don't concern ya...ya here...

could land you in a heap of .....

trouble...ya ya thaat was the word i was looking for. honest grape it was the word...

ipse

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

I guess if I had said the meat was ordered to be served charred you have accused me of thinking I was some ancient god seeking to be worshipped at an altar!

Ancient, yes. The rest of it, do not think so.

I'm up and almost awake. Guess I'll go terrorize more folks at breakfast.

Stay safe.

XD40sc

Paragraphs are your friend, wall of angry text just does not get read by most. IMO it is another sign of immaturity.

And further supports drsysadmin's take on this guy.

I don't think the knife is the problem that set the people in these business on edge, but the total package, primarily the OP, the knife is secondary.

XD40sc

stay safe.

Sounds like you went in for a meal, and not for the WiFi, and were nice to the staff.

PATRIOT88

Banned
I only found longhorn steakhouse yesterday when I was out walking around....had to do a supply run that way yesterday. Sitting at the end booth still....waiting. There is a guy with a laptop as well but with two hearing aids. not sure if its skid or not but this guy does have glasses and a beard but its not white as skid described, also no cane. Been here at mcdonalds for awhile now.