• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in NC

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I only found longhorn steakhouse yesterday when I was out walking around....had to do a supply run that way yesterday. Sitting at the end booth still....waiting. There is a guy with a laptop as well but with two hearing aids. not sure if its skid or not but this guy does have glasses and a beard but its not white as skid described, also no cane. Been here at mcdonalds for awhile now.

This is real middle school bs. Show up an hour early and then claim nobody has showed. Problem is I parked outside in the handicapped spot parallel to the front of the building at just about 2:45. Via ginia plates and a honking big Guns Save Lives sticker on the back window.

Went inside at 3:10 and nobody but a few families with small kids. Nobody freaked out - actually nobody said anything.

I'm giving him another 10 minutes to come back or officially calling a troll.

Also not sure where JC.cruiser is.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Just for the record -- of the five Mickey Ds in Hickory the only one on Center Street is 2511 Center street.

stay safe.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Cruiser is here...Ive talked to him a bit already. I never stand anyone up nor am I a troll....cruiser is in the white shirt near me with the 1911.

PATRIOT88

Banned
There was not any children at this one where cruiser and I are waiting...we are both still here. cruiser is in the white shirt with blue jeans and a 1911.

solus

darn, almost as exciting as listening to baseball from the field teams on the Victrola ...

whew...overwhelming

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is real middle school bs. Show up an hour early and then claim nobody has showed. Problem is I parked outside in the handicapped spot parallel to the front of the building at just about 2:45. Via ginia plates and a honking big Guns Save Lives sticker on the back window.

Went inside at 3:10 and nobody but a few families with small kids. Nobody freaked out - actually nobody said anything.

I'm giving him another 10 minutes to come back or officially calling a troll.

Also not sure where JC.cruiser is.

stay safe.

Why does none of that surprise me?

XD40sc

Me thinks patriot88 is trying waaaaaay to hard, or is that just me?

The Truth

What in the actual bleep is going on here? Who is full of it? I, too, have run out of popcorn.

WalkingWolf

What in the actual bleep is going on here? Who is full of it? I, too, have run out of popcorn.

Confusion over which McDonalds I guess. We will have to wait on BC to get the low down on Patriot. Considering the confusion, if it was I, would have made another attempt to meet with Skid before he left. Skid traveled to meet him after all, and he did not give what I would call good directions.

FBrinson

Were phone numbers exchanged? Hopefully you guys were able to resolve locations and have the meet-up.

PATRIOT88

Banned
I originally said the mcdonalds just off of center street/highway 70 se and theres only one mcdonalds at that location. In case I did not post it here, in this thread, I will now. I also private messaged skid with the exact address shortly after I saw his post at 1530 hours...I did try giving him another chance by staying 47 minutes longer than the planned timespan ending of 1700 hours.

McDonald's
Fast Food
2 reviews on
Is this your business? Verify your listing
15 Us Highway 70 Se, Hickory, NC 28602
Cross Streets: Near the intersection of US Highway 70 SE and S Center St

WalkingWolf

These are the five Hickory McDonalds and their address directly from their website. There is only one on Center st. and the address for the one you were at has no mention of Center st. Hopefully you can see where YOU caused the confusion.

170 HWY 321 NW
HICKORY NC 28601 (828)345-1355
Restaurant Homepage 1.15 mi. FREESTANDING

15 US HWYS 64 ALT 70 SE
HICKORY NC 28601 (828)322-4700
Restaurant Homepage 1.35 mi. FREESTANDING

2511 N CENTER ST
HICKORY NC 28601 (828)322-2081
Restaurant Homepage 2.23 mi. FREESTANDING

2251 HWY 70 SE
HICKORY NC 28602 (828)324-9905
Restaurant Homepage 3.46 mi. FREESTANDING

2439 SPRINGS ROAD NE
HICKORY NC 28601 (828)256-2939
Restaurant Homepage 3.55 mi. FREESTANDING

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm home, folks.

Apparently he is not as much a troll as he is unable to provide an actual street address.

My guess is bc.cruiser is familiar with the area and knows that when you say the McDonalds on Center Street you do not mean the one actually on Center Street but the one sort of near Center Street.

Except that I cruised the entire length of the street that the city fathers in Hickory saw fit to put up signs designating it as "Center Street" - there was not another McDonalds along that roadway. That being the case, I took action to make the opening statement of this post happen.

stay safe.