• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in NC

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I'm home, folks.

Apparently he is not as much a troll as he is unable to provide an actual street address.

My guess is bc.cruiser is familiar with the area and knows that when you say the McDonalds on Center Street you do not mean the one actually on Center Street but the one sort of near Center Street.

Except that I cruised the entire length of the street that the city fathers in Hickory saw fit to put up signs designating it as "Center Street" - there was not another McDonalds along that roadway. That being the case, I took action to make the opening statement of this post happen.

stay safe.

Well,,, I dont need a prize,, and none were offered,, but in the other thread I did predict that you would dine alone...

Guess I was Right! 88 is a troll,,, and a dork,,, and probably deserves all the bad interactions
that he complains come to him undeserved..

I wait with baited breath for a report from BCCruiser,,, If he really was there...

BTW,,, how was that steak?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The steak was very good even they did not bring the whole cow so I could cut it off tableside right onto my plate.

bc.cruiser has PM'd me with some details, as well as a statement that he intends to keep his observations and thoughts private.

In all fairness 88 may not be as much of a troll as he is - to use your phrasing - a dork.

stay safe.

bc.cruiser

I wait with baited breath for a report from BCCruiser,,, If he really was there...

Listerine may turn that back to "bated".:lol:

I was stood up! My primary purpose was to meet someone whose posts were usually informative and coherent (uh, that would be Skidmark in case there is a question). The free lunch was not the driving force for a 175 mile trip from Fayetteville.:D Since Skid did not show, I bought lunch for everyone who did.
Finding the place was easy: using Patriot88's first post of the event, Google showed the McD at the intersection of 70 and Center St.(this is No. 2 on WalkingWolf's post) From there, it was a case of remembering the route plan. I don't have a laptop or phone, so any electronic contact was impossible.

Patriot88 was easy to spot, given the info he already posted on the forum: Young guy, boots, cargo pants, long sleeved top over a protective vest of some kind, belt with knife on right side, and either a knife of baton on the other side. I didn't ask which, nor what he had in the nylon handcuff shaped/sized pouch on the belt. His appearance did not strike me as threatening.

I did fail to delve into his experiences or to offer any constructive advice on how to not be disinvited to various businesses. I did determine that he was still at the Waffle House in Lenoir when the LEOs arrived. Whatever his problems are with other places, no one at the McDonald's, including customers, seemed to care or pay any attention.

If he tries to have another meet-up, maybe some of you people over that way should make the attempt. Been there, done that, moving on.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
McDonald's beggars steak.

Were you to have any reading comprehension you would have noted that the steak was the main event for Saturday night's repast.

Given the circumstances of Sunday, all three meals were other than "fast/convenient" food.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Be nice! There are feelings involved here.

stay safe.
Were you to have any reading comprehension you would have noted that the steak was the main event for Saturday night's repast.

Given the circumstances of Sunday, all three meals were other than "fast/convenient" food.
Who was it that said, "Be nice! There are feelings involved here." :)

Last edited:

solus

gosh batman you are truly harsh throwing the man's words back in his face... :shocker:

(quite impressed you have the appropriate genitalia to accomplish such a feat ~ but still harsh thought well deserved, er opps that was my outside voice!!!)

ipse