• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pics from the 2A rally on 4.30.11 (Warning-lotsa pics!)

Trigger Dr

A couple people got in a squabble in the sand box over what was acceptable behavior and what isn't (the photo of the guys in front of the Governor's Office with their rifles in hand) and one side picked up all their toys and went home, leaving the rest of us to stay in the sand box and throw sand at each other and have a grand time! :banana: Heck, I've thrown a lot of sand at BigDave and he is still here, playing with his Tonka toys! :lol:

I also have thrown a bit of sand at Big Dave and he in turn throws it right back. Fun, isn't it? Good thing it is sand and nor rocks. Sand just irritates a bit and you get right back into the gist of it.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I agree we all kick up dirt some and snort around but dig in and move on eventually.

The issue of having ones hand on the pistol grip of a AR-15 is not the wisest thing to do, but do see it was a photo op and not in the face of others at that moment.
The 7 years I spent in the Army the only time I gripped the pistol grip was to shoot or was moving into an area expecting to use it, other then that I never did as I saw no need for it.

Goose objection to this is fine as he as well as the rest of us make our choices of what we feel comfortable with and what we will or will not accept and sometimes in the strive to get others to see things how we see them, that sand, dirt and snorting starts being thrown and kicked around.

He has just as much right to feel his way as I do mine or anyone of a number on here and you know what? You are all wrong unless it is my view :eek: (sarcasm)

1245A Defender

well,,,

Thread: South Hill Mall

by Goose

Replies53Views2,055

Talk about zombie thread. I'll not dignify...

Talk about zombie thread.

I'll not dignify this with a response "like some ******* with nothing better to do...* like flame someone on an internet chat board at 4am their time. Have a taste of...

I think it all started Here,,,

Claytron necroed one of his posts,,,

seemed to get withdrawn and negative since then.

Last edited:

amlevin

I've been afraid to ask some of the things I was eating in some places. The one time I did ask at the temple of the "big Buddha" (Lantau Island) in Hong Kong, I was told it was honey bees. Not honey from bees.... but parts of the bees themselves. It was a rather tasty jelly like candy.

I have a sister that lived in Hong Kong for a couple of years. The first thing she was told by other "ex-pats" living there was "If you enjoy what you are eating, don't ask what it is. If you know, you may not enjoy it any more
".

amlevin

Sometimes it's what one doesn't see that is the problem. Is it possible that Goose has been receiving some PM's that have offended him to the point that he doesn't want anything more to do with the "group".

Only Goose can tell us, if he wants to, what the real reason for the "chafe" is.

Trigger Dr

If one was to search back for the last year, it would show there have been several who have lef the forum. Some with no reason stated, some who were chased. ie: 69charger, devildoc to name a couple. Is it possible that we get a bit too strong or defensive at times?

Trigger Dr

If one was to search back for the last year, it would show there have been several who have lef the forum. Some with no reason stated, some who were chased. ie: 69charger, Bear4570, SVLibertarian, devildoc, to name a couple. Is it possible that we get a bit too strong or defensive at times?

sirpuma

OH, crap, I think I got some sand in my eye. Hang on while I rinse it out at the drinking fountain and I'll get back to playing with my army dudes.

This is the interwebs. There's no need for anyone to get all butt hurt over someone not agreeing with their opinion. Opinions are like bung holes, everyone has one and it usually stinks to someone else.

As far as folks thinking that anyone is being chased away, nothing could be further from the truth. If they chose to hide their toys and go slinking off in a pouting fit, then let them. Hopefully in time they'll get over it and come back. Either way it's their choice if they want to leave.

I'm certainly not offended by anyone thinking it was wrong of me to stand with my AK in front of the Governors office and smile for the camera and I'm certainly not going anywhere because of any disagreement. I had a blast at the 2A rally and can't wait for the next one. Perhaps at the next one I'll Cowboy Up.

Sparky508

Level 1000000 retention, provided by WSP

Is that enough retention for you Dave?

(follow the trooper's hand to the left of Just Us)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Feelings

Being a gun owner these days already means that we have a passion for our 2A rights, but I think on this forum "we" as group tend to get a bit carried away. Sometimes it seems to get too personal, and I think we need to re-read our posts a couple of time before we hit submit. A few of have submitted things about what we have done, wanting to get some constructive criticism. But instead of constructive we get destructive criticism. This is supposed to be where we can learn and share ideas. It's perfectly fine to have an opinion, but respect others right to an opinion.

Come back Goose, I already miss you.

Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all,
By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall;
In so righteous a cause let us hope to succeed,
For heaven approves of each generous deed.

John Dickinson Liberty song