• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pics from the 2A rally on 4.30.11 (Warning-lotsa pics!)

Sharpender

Just changed my username from medlogic to Sharpender...fyi.

I OCed my AK not just because it is my right under the Second Amendment of the US constitution but because of what the root purpose of that amendment was about.

I carried it in the spirit of my ancestors who have fought in every war this country has had, all the way back to the first one that created this country.

I respect what you're saying and agree with your basic points. However, why didn't everyone bring their tank and park it in the grass? I still just don't understand how taking a long gun to the rally helps our cause..2A, OC, or otherwise. An Anti looking at the pictures won't say, "Wow, that's really great, look at those fine citizens making use of their 2A rights!" They say "Who the $%^&*& are these psychopaths with guns?!"

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
They already say that!

I respect what you're saying and agree with your basic points. However, why didn't everyone bring their tank and park it in the grass? I still just don't understand how taking a long gun to the rally helps our cause..2A, OC, or otherwise. An Anti looking at the pictures won't say, "Wow, that's really great, look at those fine citizens making use of their 2A rights!" They say "Who the $%^&*& are these psychopaths with guns?!"

They already say that about those who carry OC in a holster. They say it about OC in a thigh rig, they say it about CC, they say it about hunters....

The rally was not to 'help our cause' it was a celebration of the right we have.

Sharpender

The rally was not to 'help our cause' it was a celebration of the right we have.

It was a "celebration of the right we have"?...and we chose the state capitol for this "celebration"? The venue implies something political not celebratory. The picture with the three gentlemen in front of the governor's door, that was part of the "celebration"? I'm sure the governor would feel very festive if she saw the pics. Really helpful. I'm really glad the rally wasn't to help our cause, because it didn't, it is embarrassing. I'm so awfully sorry I missed the "celebration".

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It was a "celebration of the right we have"?...and we chose the state capitol for this "celebration"? The venue implies something political not celebratory. The picture with the three gentlemen in front of the governor's door, that was part of the "celebration"? I'm sure the governor would feel very festive if she saw the pics. Really helpful. I'm really glad the rally wasn't to help our cause, because it didn't, it is embarrassing. I'm so awfully sorry I missed the "celebration".

Yes, a political celebration in the People's capital. On the People's property, a rallying point.

The picture's are a reminder of the great right we have to own, possess and carry in our great state of Washington.

The Governor (the office) works for the people and is neither a he nor a she.

ARTICLE I
DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1 POLITICAL POWER. All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights.

p.s. You inserted the "I" in your argument and it is not relevant. It is irrelevant when Obama, Gregoire or any other person does so at an unnecessary juncture.

Last edited:

amlevin

It's too bad that a group of guys can't get together and celebrate the freedom we have in this state and in this country to carry a gun without half of the self-professed "pro-gun" and "pro-2A" people getting in their a$$ about it.

Momma always said that there'd be people like this. She just never said why.

massivedesign

The morning of the Rally, Oldkim, Madpick and myself walked down to Starbucks. Who was there on her morning walk? Yes, the Gov herself (with security detail). Two of us in full WaGuns garb and Oldkim sporting the hat, myself OC'ing. We walked right up to her and shook her hand and said hi.

In hindsight, we should have gotten a picture.

Last edited:

sirpuma

If I could afford a tank I would have happily brought it down (properly demilled of course). But I certainly would have had enough respect to not park it on the grass.

The morning of the Rally, Oldkim, Madpick and myself walked down to Starbucks. Who was there on her morning walk? Yes, the Gov herself (with security detail). Two of us in full WaGuns garb and Oldkim sporting the hat, myself OC'ing. We walked right up to her and shook her hand and said hi.

I wish I would have been there, with my camera, and my AK.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

That would of been better than Deros and I with McKenna!

jarhead1911A

Can someone explain to me why a good man like Goose is being chased away?

The only 1 chasing goose away is goose it all comes down to brass tacts its simple goose dosnt agree with another members choice so he is taking his toys and going home.....

IF thats what he feels he needs todo then thats what HE feels HE NEEDS TODO, no one forced him to leave... nor his wife.

Trigger Dr

It sounds like mom let you out of the house before the glue was dry

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I'm not mentioning the sender of the PM below!!
I took 1.5 days before posting it, though in my younger days it would've been almost immediately! <snip>

It's a wonder that I never receive these type's of PM's. But as I stated before, I would simply post it and reveal the sender. If someone can not talk professionally and courteously in a PM then they deserve to be outed.

PM's are part of the public record, they are logged and can be used in court.

Why do others behave differently via a PM than they would in the forum? Those that do are cowards. Let me repeat that statement: If someone behaves differently in a PM than they would in a thread they are a coward! They should be outed, because I want nothing to do with a person who cowers behind a supposed PM.

As I have stated before, this is a public forum (PM's included), I have nothing to hide and will behave in an honorable manner on the forum as well as at public meets. In over 3000 posts I have not personally attacked anyone nor called them names, I stand behind every word I have posted. I challenge others to do the same.

1911er

It's a wonder that I never receive these type's of PM's. But as I stated before, I would simply post it and reveal the sender. If someone can not talk professionally and courteously in a PM then they deserve to be outed.

PM's are part of the public record, they are logged and can be used in court.

Why do others behave differently via a PM than they would in the forum? Those that do are cowards. Let me repeat that statement: If someone behaves differently in a PM than they would in a thread they are a coward! They should be outed, because I want nothing to do with a person who cowers behind a supposed PM.

As I have stated before, this is a public forum (PM's included), I have nothing to hide and will behave in an honorable manner on the forum as well as at public meets. In over 3000 posts I have not personally attacked anyone nor called them names, I stand behind every word I have posted. I challenge others to do the same.

Thats one reason you are respected by most of us. keep doing what your doing.

amlevin

Are we ready to sing now?

Did anyone bring the marshmallows

campfire-kumbaya-240x120.jpg

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Were you aware, at the time the photo was being taken, that the trooper's hand was on your grip?

Yes I was, the whole time both of us understood for posing purposes!!

Those two Troopers are always great at the events!
This event is one of the ones they probably worry least about!!

And you carry in a Serpa holster where the trigger is protected?
And what kind of firearm is in the holster?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Serpa Level II, P229.

So while personally I think it is a dumb move to take a picture like that, the known safety of the posed photo measures out....

Would I pose for that photo, nope. Would I carry a long gun to the rally, most likely not unless it is one of my antiques. Would I handle my firearm at the rally, NO. Would I handle a firearm in private, yes.

I attempted to lead by example, my regular handgun was in my holster, untouched all day. That is how I think it should be done. As to others behavior, I took note and will make the appropriate decisions when seeing them in person in the future.

sudden valley gunner

I don't see a personal attack in the PM I see a concerned question. That you have answered. I too feel the same the trooper would not have touched my weapon unless he wanted me to put my hand on his at the same time.

amlevin

My feedback to this whole damn mess is that there is just plain too much dang drama about it all. Live and let live. Don't ask, don't tell. This particular forum topic is really starting to sound like my step daughter's middle school class crises and drama.

Good gawd... And I have experience too. I started my own sheet storm a year ago when I made comments about a raffle at an event. I was wrong then, and when someone sensibly pointed out my error, I said, yep you are absolutely right! My mistake, sorry for opening by big mouth! And I learned my lesson and moved on.

Look.... nobody broke the law. There was no negative media coverage. Everybody had a good time. If you don't like what some people did, then don't do those actions yourself, maybe say that their behavior is not something that you, personally, would do and let's just move on.

I feel like I am in one of those churches where one or two members don't like the color of the carpet so they run off trying to take as many with them to start their own following, the members who are left behind are then split between feelings of what the heck happened or good bye, good riddance and nobody wins.

4.gif
How true, how true.