• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quote of the Day: Always Question Authority Edition

sudden valley gunner

I've always wondered why some people have so much contact with the law yet claim they did nothing to provoke it. Yet others go through life and the only time they ever have an interaction with a Cop is when they say "Hi" when entering/leaving a Starbucks.

I wonder why some are so quick to judge those law enforcement harass? With some subtle demonization. I guess Tom provoked his encounter in Starbucks, I guess John a 63 year old man walking his dogs provoked his assault by police, I guess me dressed in nice clothes and drinking a coffee, provoked my assault by officers. I guess filing a complaint against illegal arrests and being arrested again is provoking.

I think some cops can smell those who are liberty minded, and they want to challenge it.

There are plenty of examples on this forum and in this state of people getting bothered, minding their own business.

Then there are those who make it abundantly clear they are willing subjects. There are those who are clearly liberty minded...................who do you think the costumed state agents will challenge?

Last edited:

amlevin

I wonder why some are so quick to judge those law enforcement harass? With some subtle demonization. I guess Tom provoked his encounter in Starbucks, I guess John a 63 year old man walking his dogs provoked his assault by police, I guess me dressed in nice clothes and drinking a coffee, provoked my assault by officers. I guess filing a complaint against illegal arrests and being arrested again is provoking.

I think some cops can smell those who are liberty minded, and they want to challenge it.

There are plenty of examples on this forum and in this state of people getting bothered, minding their own business.

Then there are those who make it abundantly clear they are willing subjects. There are those who are clearly liberty minded...................who do you think the costumed state agents will challenge?

First of all I don't believe my question involved any judgement, just curiosity.

There are 6,830,038 people in the State of Washington. Let's assume that at least one third of them are Adults. Now, how many documented incidents of people being harassed by those "costumed agents of the State" can you count out of the at least 2 million? Are you telling me that all those others that come in contact with the Police aren't "Liberty Minded"? Or do they realize that there are better venues to express their feelings than in an encounter on the street?

Is it the "liberty minded nature" that the police challenge or is it the confrontational attitude that's all too often employed? As always, we only hear one side here.

To each their own.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
(1) I wonder why some are so quick to judge those law enforcement harass? With some subtle demonization...............

(2)I think some cops can smell those who are liberty minded, and they want to challenge it..............

(3)There are plenty of examples on this forum and in this state of people getting bothered, minding their own business...........

(1) LEOs are always right and others always lie!

(2) Some, yes.

(3) Bothered, yes, I consider anyone who points a weapon at my liver a bother. I try to blend in, fade out, not be noticed (yes, even with a weapon).

All my life I have stood at Freedoms Gate to prevent bullies from coming to this country and harming the population. Now that I am home, I find bullies here in blue uniforms. I will not tolerate this within my AO.

sudden valley gunner

I've always wondered why some people have so much contact with the law yet claim they did nothing to provoke it. Yet others go through life and the only time they ever have an interaction with a Cop is when they say "Hi" when entering/leaving a Starbucks.

First of all I don't believe my question involved any judgement, just curiosity.

Uh really? That is not what came across.

And then you continue it with more wording like your following use of the subjective word "confrontational". What's next "extreme".....

There are 6,830,038 people in the State of Washington. Let's assume that at least one third of them are Adults. Now, how many documented incidents of people being harassed by those "costumed agents of the State" can you count out of the at least 2 million? Are you telling me that all those others that come in contact with the Police aren't "Liberty Minded"? Or do they realize that there are better venues to express their feelings than in an encounter on the street?

Is it the "liberty minded nature" that the police challenge or is it the confrontational attitude that's all too often employed? As always, we only hear one side here.

To each their own.

I don't have to count how many out of 2 million adults. Some things happen more to others, some people will boldly take a stand, assert their fundamental rights, others will continue to subservient and wonder why others aren't subservient like they are. Cops are more likely to harass liberty minded people who act on their liberty mindedness, it's not that hard to figure out. Cops will label , asserting your right to remain silent, or demanding to know why they are being detained as "confrontational" the question is do you?

To each their own, but those who want everybody to fall in line, obey , assimilate are doing nothing to further our liberty no matter how liberty minded they may feel they are.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

(1) LEOs are always right and others always lie!

(2) Some, yes.

(3) Bothered, yes, I consider anyone who points a weapon at my liver a bother. I try to blend in, fade out, not be noticed (yes, even with a weapon).

All my life I have stood at Freedoms Gate to prevent bullies from coming to this country and harming the population. Now that I am home, I find bullies here in blue uniforms. I will not tolerate this within my AO.

No John you were just being confrontational, how dare you walk your two little fluffy dogs while legally carrying your firearm, how dare you refuse to immediately obey unlawful orders by the states costumed agents!

And we can't believe you because the cops aren't coming here to post their side.

sudden valley gunner

Another side note to all who want to use the word confrontational as a semi-pejorative. It won't work on me and I don't buy it. We should be proud to be confrontational when someone confronts our liberties.

Confrontational Definition=

1. The act of confronting or the state of being confronted, especially a meeting face to face.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Another side note to all who want to use the word confrontational as a semi-pejorative. It won't work on me and I don't buy it. We should be proud to be confrontational when someone confronts our liberties.

Confrontational Definition=

1. The act of confronting or the state of being confronted, especially a meeting face to face.

I agree, this notion that someone is being confrontational is bogus. They need a fundamental re-thinking of our interaction with state officials. I do not have to pass the 'attitude test' of LE. It is their job to separate their feelings, separate attitude and apply the constitution to their job. I do not need to submit to them to go about my business, it can be done with professionalism on their side. I will be polite and professional but I do not like being intimidated to submit to their demands because of their feelings.

sudden valley gunner

I agree, this notion that someone is being confrontational is bogus. They need a fundamental re-thinking of our interaction with state officials. I do not have to pass the 'attitude test' of LE. It is their job to separate their feelings, separate attitude and apply the constitution to their job. I do not need to submit to them to go about my business, it can be done with professionalism on their side. I will be polite and professional but I do not like being intimidated to submit to their demands because of their feelings.

Well put. QTF

LkWd_Don

No John you were just being confrontational, how dare you walk your two little fluffy dogs while legally carrying your firearm, how dare you refuse to immediately obey unlawful orders by the states costumed agents!

And we can't believe you because the cops aren't coming here to post their side.

I know you were generally being facetious, but let me point out that there have been instances where BG's have costumed themselves as Police to do harmful things. So not everything you said should have been in purple.

rapgood

Scrap the purple. And, yes, the cops are coming here to post their side. They just don't have the Rocky-Mountain Oysters to fess up to it.

Nick, I agree with you on this. However, your statement assumes that they have the intelligence to "separate attitude and apply the constitution to their job." Case in point: King Cty Prosecutor Dan Satterberg is jumping on the bandwagon with pro-gun folks to heavily prosecute teen gun thugs (right on!). At the same time, Seattle City Councilman Bruce Harrell is (loudly) promoting the repeal of state gun-law preemption (and to h*ll with that pesky 2nd Amendment and Art. I, Section 24 of the Washington State Constitution!).

Both are "makers" of the law. It's just that Harrell is more attuned to what he views as politically correct sound bites, while Satterberg (although, arguably, only by lip service) apparently advocates gun rights (well, until it comes to the point where Seattle LEOs are violating those rights -- then, apparently justifying why he doesn't prosecute them, he, through his minions, whines "criminal charges are serious" -- Doh!).

Last edited:

rapgood

I know you were generally being facetious, but let me point out that there have been instances where BG's have costumed themselves as Police to do harmful things. So not everything you said should have been in purple.

BGs? You mean those BGs like harmless-woodcarver-killing, teenager-punching, innocent of-color hispanic or african-american or teenage-white-boy slugging SPD LEOs? Those BGs who are costumed as "Police?" Those BGs?

(notice my words are not in purple)

Last edited:

amlevin

True.

I applaud the ones the have the Oysters to announce it and they stick around. The Brigade section has several.

There used to be quite a few that visited here regularly. Some did more than visit, they participated quite a bit.

Then, for some reason, they got tired of being called Jack Booted Thugs, Evildoers in Uniform, Agents of the State, and such. To add insult to injury they were even lectured at length on what their jobs "should be" and how they were all liars, willing to cover up any and all improper actions of their peers.

Can you think of any reason why these individuals would WANT to stick around???

Definition of DIALOGUE

(partial)
a : a conversation between two or more persons; also : a similar exchange between a person and something else (as a computer)
b : an exchange of ideas and opinions <organized a series of dialogues on human rights>

Not likely to maintain much of a dialogue if the other party/parties are constantly berated. They just go off to other Forums.

Aknazer

And when cops act in a good manner those things are often posted here as well. But it doesn't help when so many of them are willing to ignore/violate rights because it makes their job easier or is "safer" for them.

sudden valley gunner

There used to be quite a few that visited here regularly. Some did more than visit, they participated quite a bit.

Then, for some reason, they got tired of being called Jack Booted Thugs, Evildoers in Uniform, Agents of the State, and such. To add insult to injury they were even lectured at length on what their jobs "should be" and how they were all liars, willing to cover up any and all improper actions of their peers.

Definition of DIALOGUE

(partial)
a : a conversation between two or more persons; also : a similar exchange between a person and something else (as a computer)
b : an exchange of ideas and opinions <organized a series of dialogues on human rights>

Not likely to maintain much of a dialogue if the other party/parties are constantly berated. They just go off to other Forums.

So they are weak? Thin skinned? Like I said there are several that stick around, what make them different? And trust me the non state forums are way more harsh than our state forum.

They are agents of the state, lol. Speak out against the Jack booted thugs, the moderators of this forum moderate against people saying things like "they are all liars".

If you can't take public opinions on your public job don't take the job.

Yes I can think of many reasons why you would want to stick around, to defend against false accusations, to show you are not for the police state, to show you are for rights and liberties, to put forth your views and opinion even when they are contrary to what is popular you know to have a "Dialogue" or should we limit dialogue to what is only comfortable for others to hear?

Last edited:

amlevin

And when cops act in a good manner those things are often posted here as well. But it doesn't help when so many of them are willing to ignore/violate rights because it makes their job easier or is "safer" for them.

So many? As I recall, the DOJ investigation of the Seattle PD found that there were only 20 or so officers that were responsible for the clear majority of the offenses claimed. How many officers on the SPD? 1300 or so? About 1.5%.

How's that compare with society in general when comparing the number of "offenders at all levels to the general population.

sudden valley gunner

So many? As I recall, the DOJ investigation of the Seattle PD found that there were only 20 or so officers that were responsible for the clear majority of the offenses claimed. How many officers on the SPD? 1300 or so? About 1.5%.

How's that compare with society in general when comparing the number of "offenders at all levels to the general population.

You mean the DOJ that promotes it's murderers?

LkWd_Don

BGs? You mean those BGs like harmless-woodcarver-killing, teenager-punching, innocent of-color hispanic or african-american or teenage-white-boy slugging SPD LEOs? Those BGs who are costumed as "Police?" Those BGs?

(notice my words are not in purple)

No, I am referring to the would-be rapists and other BG's who costume themselves in clothing to resemble what should be a Police Officer, County Sheriff, or State Patrol Officer to aid them in committing their criminal acts. Some install -in grille- lights, sirens, and PA speakers on their cars so to assist in convincing their targets that they are who they are really not.

I agree that there are bad-apples who are actually LEO's that should be considered as BG's too, but they were not the purpose of my post.

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

Definition of DIALOGUE

(partial)

I can think of more than a few who would deserve being called jack-booted thugs, evil-doers in uniform, and even one Pierce County Deputy (when PC was contracted to provide LE functions for Lakewood) in particular who I would call a "sawed-off-runt with a superiority complex who was hiding behind his badge" that I caught ater breaking into and was illegally searching a previously locked vehicle of mine, that even with the slim-jim visible in his waist-band, lacked the integrity to fess up when I asked why he was searching my car, that had been locked. He claimed he had found it unlocked and was looking for the registration info. Yeah right, in the back seat of my always locked car, in the usually locked valise where I kept my news-paper delivery information, rather than looking in the unlocked glove-box where most people would keep such documents?

Then there are many who I personally know that, I would support and defend with my last breath if need be.

sudden valley gunner

I can think of more than a few who would deserve being called jack-booted thugs, evil-doers in uniform, and even one Pierce County Deputy (when PC was contracted to provide LE functions for Lakewood) in particular who I would call a "sawed-off-runt with a superiority complex who was hiding behind his badge" that I caught ater breaking into and was illegally searching a previously locked vehicle of mine, that even with the slim-jim visible in his waist-band, lacked the integrity to fess up when I asked why he was searching my car, that had been locked. He claimed he had found it unlocked and was looking for the registration info. Yeah right, in the back seat of my always locked car, in the usually locked valise where I kept my news-paper delivery information, rather than looking in the unlocked glove-box where most people would keep such documents?

Then there are many who I personally know that, I would support and defend with my last breath if need be.

Nope you are just an anomaly this doesn't happen and you must have brought this upon yourself. :p

There are no such thing as a "few bad apples". If that was the case the departments would quickly weed them out. You can't keep the apples clean when the barrel is rotten.