• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quote of the Day: Always Question Authority Edition

LkWd_Don

Nope you are just an anomaly this doesn't happen and you must have brought this upon yourself. :p

There are no such thing as a "few bad apples". If that was the case the departments would quickly weed them out. You can't keep the apples clean when the barrel is rotten.

At least I know where you are coming from. LOL

amlevin

I can think of more than a few who would deserve being called jack-booted thugs, evil-doers in uniform, and even one Pierce County Deputy (when PC was contracted to provide LE functions for Lakewood) in particular who I would call a "sawed-off-runt with a superiority complex who was hiding behind his badge" that I caught ater breaking into and was illegally searching a previously locked vehicle of mine, that even with the slim-jim visible in his waist-band, lacked the integrity to fess up when I asked why he was searching my car, that had been locked. He claimed he had found it unlocked and was looking for the registration info. Yeah right, in the back seat of my always locked car, in the usually locked valise where I kept my news-paper delivery information, rather than looking in the unlocked glove-box where most people would keep such documents?

Then there are many who I personally know that, I would support and defend with my last breath if need be.

So did you file a complaint accusing this officer of inappropriate actions??? Call 911 and request a Supervisor?

The only way departments can act on officers like this is for everyone that they "wrong" files a complaint. Pretty soon there are enough complaints that they can't ignore them.

I had an incident many years ago in Lakewood and filed a report with the PCSO that served the area at the time. They told me to "P!$$ Off" so I went up to the Prosecutor. Got a "Warm Air Job" from him too. Contacted the Seattle Times and the next day the whole story was on the front page. Apologies were made by all and the "event" was noted in the appropriate Deputy's record. One complaint may not get rid of a "Bad Apple" but a whole "bushel" can have a decidedly negative effect on their career path.

Or you can just howl like an old coon hound lying on his 'nads and is too lazy to roll off them.

LkWd_Don

So did you file a complaint accusing this officer of inappropriate actions??? Call 911 and request a Supervisor?

The only way departments can act on officers like this is for everyone that they "wrong" files a complaint. Pretty soon there are enough complaints that they can't ignore them.

I had an incident many years ago in Lakewood and filed a report with the PCSO that served the area at the time. They told me to "P!$$ Off" so I went up to the Prosecutor. Got a "Warm Air Job" from him too. Contacted the Seattle Times and the next day the whole story was on the front page. Apologies were made by all and the "event" was noted in the appropriate Deputy's record. One complaint may not get rid of a "Bad Apple" but a whole "bushel" can have a decidedly negative effect on their career path.

Or you can just howl like an old coon hound lying on his 'nads and is too lazy to roll off them.

I not only called him a liar to his face then and there, but Yes! I did notify the Chief of Police, who at the time was as bad and of course believed his Deputy, so it went no where at that time. As that Officer had put a ticket on the vehicle as being abandoned in front of my property, even though the hood was still warm from my parking it less than 2 hours earlier after delivering my route, I tk the opprotunity to contest it in Court. The Judge didn't even want to hear the specifics, he saw who the officer was, saw there was no written report accompanying the ticket, so threw it out before I could get a comment in edge wise. The same "no integrity Oxygen thief" continued to harass me and I continued to collect info and make reports, eventually he was put in a different position of less authority when the old Chief could no longer make excuses for the ID 10 T. I see and hear his name frequently around, so I know he is still in the area, but he doesn't bother me anymore.

sudden valley gunner

Police complaints are deemed valid or not by a superior.

City Attorney James Urb admitted to me they do not keep the complaints on file.

Awesome you went the extra step. The brush off until publicly known is often the rule of thumb.

Is there a link to your incident? Or was this way before internet?

amlevin

Police complaints are deemed valid or not by a superior.

City Attorney James Urb admitted to me they do not keep the complaints on file.

Awesome you went the extra step. The brush off until publicly known is often the rule of thumb.

Is there a link to your incident? Or was this way before internet?

About 40 years ago. Just before Al Gore's famous "invention".

LkWd_Don

Last edited: