• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SCCC April 20-24th empty holster

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Jonesy wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
This is a state school, right? They cannot prohibit non-students from excercising our rights. Have there been any instances of non-students carrying on campus?
I'm thinking a JMU meet sometime this fall:celebrate On the quad would be right in the center of things. We could hand out OC and CC flyers all while OCing and they can't tell us to leave;)
Hahahaha, they are scared of empty holsters, how will they react if we show up armed and legally oc'ing? Dr. Wright said they had a right to feel safe...He is an associate professor you know.
Well maybe we should personally hand him a flyer on OC and CC;)

Jonesy

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
This is a state school, right? They cannot prohibit non-students from excercising our rights. Have there been any instances of non-students carrying on campus?
I'm thinking a JMU meet sometime this fall:celebrate On the quad would be right in the center of things. We could hand out OC and CC flyers all while OCing and they can't tell us to leave;)
I wonder if the campus police would over react, try to disarm and arrest?

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Jonesy wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
On public property? So how much money do you want from the state/city? Mostly all of us have recorders and I'm sure there will be video. If the police tried anything they would be in for a BIG lawsuit.;)

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
On public property? So how much money do you want from the state/city? Mostly all of us have recorders and I'm sure there will be video. If the police tried anything they would be in for a BIG lawsuit.;)
There was an attorney general opinion a while ago that basically said that anyone not affiliated with the public university can still be told to leave if inside campus buildings or at public events/gatherings. I don't have the time to look it up, but figured I'd post here to remind everyone. You can bet campus police will overreact, as they aren't accustomed to seeing people with OMG GUNS!!!! on campus.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

There was an attorney general opinion a while ago that basically said that anyone not affiliated with the public university can still be told to leave if inside campus buildings or at public events/gatherings.
How is that possible? They are PUBLIC buildings and property. Citizens can peacefully assemble on public property. What is wrong with that?

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
There was an attorney general opinion a while ago that basically said that anyone not affiliated with the public university can still be told to leave if inside campus buildings or at public events/gatherings.
How is that possible? They are PUBLIC buildings and property. Citizens can peacefully assemble on public property. What is wrong with that?
I'm not disagreeing with you, I have the same believe, public property means public property. However for some reason, PUBLIC universities think they can ignore the constitution for both students/faculty/staff AND the general public.

They can't charge you with shit, they'd probably try a tresspassing charge if you refuse to leave though. I know, complete BS but it is what it is until someone challenges it. I'm hoping the suit against GMU doesn't get stalled too long, that could get us some ground back.

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Ok so going on the quad would not be against any laws then.:lol:
Danbus wasn't breaking any laws either. Just expect to be harassed at the least.;)

CRF250rider1000

imported post

nova wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Danbus wasn't breaking any laws either. Just expect to be harassed at the least.;)
Yea that is the only problem.:( I figure if we have enough OCers and video going we will be fine. Maybe we could contact a news crew to be there for the day? Have the cops try to pull something then?;)

hunter45

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
nova wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Yea that is the only problem.:( I figure if we have enough OCers and video going we will be fine. Maybe we could contact a news crew to be there for the day? Have the cops try to pull something then?;)
Yes, you guys should do this! Not sure if I would be able to participate since I'm a student, but I could at least wear my empty holster. I'm sure TV3 (the Valley's news station) would cover it. They came out to JMU today to cover the empty holster protest.

nova

imported post

I might have to show up if a date is announced. You know how JMU has a lot of nice girls and everything...:dude:

Oh and I'd come to the gun thing too.

nova

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Here's the story about the empty holster protest. Not much, but at least it made the news: http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/43579537.html
Thanks for the link! GMU SCCC kinda fell apart after TEX1N left, he was the pushing force in the movement at GMU. But now that they stuck that section in the VAC, I do not believe there is anything we can do outside of the courts or legislature, asking them nicely and stating facts will not get the administration to budge.

Neplusultra

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Forgot I go to ODU again?:p I don't think there should be an issue with me carrying there. I am not an enrolled student at JMU so they can't do jack!
OK smart ass :^). Pick on an old man. We'll see how well you do when you can't remember things like you did :^). I think it's more I forget you were visiting friends, or at least that's why I think you were here when we went shooting in the blowing rain....

I'd still check "ODUs" rules then. They might just have some rule like that ......

nova

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Forgot I go to ODU again?:p I don't think there should be an issue with me carrying there. I am not an enrolled student at JMU so they can't do jack!
OK smart ass :^). Pick on an old man. We'll see how well you do when you can't remember things like you did :^). I think it's more I forget you were visiting friends, or at least that's why I think you were here when we went shooting in the blowing rain....

I'd still check "ODUs" rules then. They might just have some rule like that ......
:lol::lol: that was a fun weekend.:cool:

Neplusultra

imported post

nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:

Yeah, if we do it again you'll have to come to lunch with everyone. We'll get an extra big table for ya... :^).

nova

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:

Yeah, if we do it again you'll have to come to lunch with everyone. We'll get an extra big table for ya... :^).
HEY!!!!:p

haha I'd love to join everyone again and make it to lunch next time!

CRF250rider1000

imported post

nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:

HEY!!!!:p

haha I'd love to join everyone again and make it to lunch next time!
mmmm Macadoos!:celebrate