• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sent an Email to Dan Maes and Scott McInnis about Constitutional Carry and Open Carrying

Who will you vote for to govern Colorado?

• Total voters

ooghost1oo

Damn straight! If I vote for a 3rd party candidate and he loses, I don't care whether the winner is a Republican or Democrat, I didn't like either one. The process is the process, loaded to allow only 2 real parties. I have voted in every presidential election since 1972 and no candidate for whom I voted has ever won. That's life.

Long ago I gave up thinking anyone would ever be the candidate of my dreams. One thing all politicians have in common is that they will answer any question, or say anything, in the manner they and their handlers think will best contribute to their only goal: getting elected or appointed to office. A recent example is Sotomayor stating she agreed with the Heller decision to get confirmed, and then voting against the McDonald decision. How can you tell a politician is lying?

And there's the problem right there. If you think that both parties are equally bad, and therefore it doesn't matter, then you're either not paying attention to what's been going on in this country and don't know any better, or you don't care which is even worse.

Because a Republic is only held together by constant vigilance.

You may be right that Repubs and Dems are the same, but that's only in normal circumstances. Right NOW, the Dems in power are not normal Democrats. They're Leftists. Big Government Tyrants who only care about taking more control over YOUR life and taking more money to fill their pockets and keep themselves in their cushy positions. Or worse, they're activists like Obama, hate the US and what we stand for, and are actively pursuing our destruction. And most of the Repubs are cowards and traitors. But not for long--real Americans are trying to fix it.

You definitely should have given up on the 'Candidate of your Dreams' like you did. Because there will NEVER be a candidate of your dreams, unless you run yourself. There will NEVER be a perfect president, a perfect governor, a perfect Senator. Take the best there is and work with what you've got, because if you allow the worse man in there, you have welcomed the destruction of your values. To think otherwise, to hold out on that 'perfect candidate', is immature and ultimately destructive. It's amazing how many people don't get this, especially among free-thinkers and independents, who are supposedly more rational than the rest. Working with what you've got isn't taking the lesser of the two evils--it's strategizing against those who would do you harm.

If you don't vote for Dan or Scott, you will be welcoming Hickenlooper, and no matter what childish arm-chair libertarian sentiments you use to justify it, you will have thrown away your vote, along with your individual chance to move Colorado back toward the Constitution and resist the evil taking over this nation.

And if you truly believe that Colorado would end up the same way regardless of if Dan/Scott were in office or Hickenlooper, then you are a fool and won't be thinking about any of this anyway.

ooghost1oo

Just so you guys know, Tancredo voted FOR the Patriot Act, the Bush Bailouts, and the Real ID.

This move by Tancredo (running as a Constitutionalist) is completely selfish and destructive. It'll split the Conservative vote and insure the victory of the enemy. We MUST rally behind whoever wins the Primary, either Dan Maes (I hope) or McInnis.

Kingfish

Knowing there would be a "conservative" in the governess mansion to work for changing things in CO was a major factor in my decision to move there.

Looks like I will be awaiting the outcome before I make my move.

Things are only going to get worse with a (D).

ooghost1oo

Latest Poll:
Colorado Governor - Maes vs. Hickenlooper vs. Tancredo
Hickenlooper 42, Maes 27, Tancredo 24
Hickenlooper +15

Divided we fall!!!! Back the Republican Primary winner or Hickenlooper will win and the anti-freedom agenda will continue to spread in Colorado.

27+24= ????
???? > 42 ???????????????????

ooghost1oo

Right. What are the chances Tancrado will pull out and back Maes? That would pretty much lock in a conservative victory.

That would be a lock, indeed.

I don't think Tancredo would pull out and endorse Maes, at least without MASSIVE pressure. He must know he can't win--he's in it to put Hickenlooper in office. He said that if he can't get 'the dream candidate' (paraphrasing) in the governor seat, he'd rather have another Democrat. Which is insane.

I'll be doing what I can to take votes away from Tancredo and Hickenlooper and put them where they belong. I'll also do what I can to persuade Tancredo to drop out, but I doubt he'll listen to reason. The move he made was childish and counter-productive to the point where he must obviously be a traitor, and I doubt he'll change course.

ZackL

I'm all for Maes getting in office. We need to get the grassroots things going. I think in the Springs area it'll be pretty easy to persuade more people to vote for Maes than for Tancredo, but there needs to be something in Denver going on to. Also, I'm going to look around and find a way to email Tancredo and/or his team and talk to them about dropping out so that we can get someone in office that will actually do good. I am not against Tancredo, but he went about running in the wrong way and by doing so he is almost ensuring that we will be put through four more years of Democratic progressive hell.

ooghost1oo

Care to elaborate?

Supposedly he entered the race because of the scandal problems of both Republican candidates--said that neither of them had a chance to beat Hickenlooper, so if the polls were against whichever one won, he'd enter the race against them. He even tried to get into the primary, but was too late.

If he joined the race a couple of weeks before he did, things would have been fine. He could have duked it out with them in the primaries, and may the best man win. Maybe he would have won the Primary, and I would have supported him. But he didn't do it right. He was too late, and instead of using his pull to support the candidate that won (remember--he was just doing this because he thought they couldn't win), he bitched about not being able to get in late, and decided to run as a third party. Dooming the race by splitting the Conservative vote and insuring a crushing win for Hickenlooper.

Now he's playing as if he thinks he can win, which is ridiculous. But he's lying at the same time. I read an article where Tancredo's office said that if Hickenlooper won the main race, his office would be throwing a party. He said that if he can't get a Republican candidate which isn't 'more of the same' (which is a selfish justification for him running, because Dan Maes certainly isn't 'more of the same'), he'd rather see another Democrat in office than an inferior Republican.

I don't know if he truly believes he can win, or if he's actually doing this for the Left. Either way, it's completely destructive, and is a catastrophe for Colorado, which is in a very unique status right now, where it can swing toward being more of a 'free state' like it used to be, or a mountainous Kalifornia/New York type liberal state. Bill Ritter is in bed with Obama, and so is Hickenlooper, just like Michael Bennett. Obama wants Colorado, and we'll be seeing a definite shift one way or the other depending on who gets in that Governor seat.

That's why it's even more childish--pulling this bullshit in such a dangerous time. Either throwing a political tantrum by trying to get in too late and f**king everything up with this 3rd party nonsense. Or, he's bought, which is even worse.

Either way, we must STOP Tancredo and Hickenlooper. Stop Hickenlooper for the same of Colorado's Liberty, and stop Tancredo for the sake of stopping Hickenlooper. A vote for either is a vote for Obama and the destruction of the state.

Last edited:

ooghost1oo

No offense, but Dan Maes is absolutely batshit ******* LOCO.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=146839 - WTF? UN conspiracy to share bikes?

Any candidate who's that concerned about the UN getting their claws into us, right or wrong about that particular 'plot', is my kind of candidate. We should all be concerned about the UN and get them the hell out of this country.

By the way...

After looking into it, I couldn't find a single newspaper talking about Dan Mae's quote about bicycle sharing that wasn't a Liberal rag. Do you think you enjoy independent thought if reading DenverPost's (or elsewhere's) propaganda caused you to get in step calling Maes a batshit (whatever you said that was censored)? Are you thinking for yourself, or reacting like a mindless parrot? There are so many of you out there...

Here's some stuff about the ICLEI:
http://www.freedomadvocates.org/art...your_town_and_freedom_threatened_20090804364/
Yeah, it's biased, but it's quite clear that 'members' of the ICLEI are governed by the ICLEI Charter, which bases its agenda on the global warming fraud, and was FUNDED by the UN. Why don't you look into stuff before you run your mouth?

Last edited:

jdlong

Maes is unelectable, especially with his latest campaign fund sanfu. We had better hope that the Repubicans can take back the State Senate and House. At least that would nuter the 'Looper some.

ooghost1oo

Maes is unelectable, especially with his latest campaign fund sanfu. We had better hope that the Repubicans can take back the State Senate and House. At least that would nuter the 'Looper some.

What a pointless statement. What are you gonna do about it? Give up on the gov and hope for better elsewhere apparently. Not vote for Maes? You're helping making him unelectable alright. Vote for Tancredo? Making sure Maes loses. We must, you must TRY. Giving up is what the other side wants. They've been saying he couldn't win from the beginning because he's a threat to the corrupt elite. He won the Primary--against the polls and naysayers. Don't give up.

lopoetve

Any candidate who's that concerned about the UN getting their claws into us, right or wrong about that particular 'plot', is my kind of candidate. We should all be concerned about the UN and get them the hell out of this country.

By the way...

After looking into it, I couldn't find a single newspaper talking about Dan Mae's quote about bicycle sharing that wasn't a Liberal rag. Do you think you enjoy independent thought if reading DenverPost's (or elsewhere's) propaganda caused you to get in step calling Maes a batshit (whatever you said that was censored)? Are you thinking for yourself, or reacting like a mindless parrot? There are so many of you out there...

Here's some stuff about the ICLEI:
http://www.freedomadvocates.org/art...your_town_and_freedom_threatened_20090804364/
Yeah, it's biased, but it's quite clear that 'members' of the ICLEI are governed by the ICLEI Charter, which bases its agenda on the global warming fraud, and was FUNDED by the UN. Why don't you look into stuff before you run your mouth?

Global warming fraud? And you're claiming that I'm a parrot? I've been a programmer and analyst for several large, well known atmospheric science laboratories working directly with the data, including coding and designing algorithms for actinic flux and albedo. There's no fraud. Causation correlation? That can be questioned some, but warming as a whole? Does exist. Chaotic dynamics guides us that determining the initial data point of the system is effectively impossible, we can only model from here based on current values and inputs and the attractors that we can map, to a point, so we can't tell where the true starting values were or all the inputs to the system, but we're definitely getting warmer, and chances are that ALL of it contributes. Determining the strength of the attractors is what is important now.

As for that - I'll agree the UN being involved is bad, but funding for groups comes from ~everywhere~. You can't use that as the sole foundation for dismissing a group. The fact that he links a common utility to a UN conspiracy tells me I don't want him near my government.

Oh, and if you even read the linked article, you'd see that ICELEI has no connections with the bike sharing program - it's just something they've sponsored in the past, and that they promoted as a "good idea" this time (since denver did it's own program).

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm as libertarian as they come, but Maes is bonkers.

Last edited: