• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sent an Email to Dan Maes and Scott McInnis about Constitutional Carry and Open Carrying

Who will you vote for to govern Colorado?

• Total voters

ooghost1oo

Yes, the smears continue, and it obviously works. Look at all the smirks and 'yep, I knew he was just another politician', as if that wasn't the intended effect. You guys are being played.

We must still defeat Hickenlooper. He is far worse than whatever imperfections may be going on with the Tea Party Candidate.

Do you really take the Denver Post seriously? Come on. The liberals are threatened by Dan, and they're playing hard to hit his PR.

Kingfish

You guys are being played.
Who are you talking to?

We must still defeat Hickenlooper. He is far worse than whatever imperfections may be going on with the Tea Party Candidate.
Of course. What is the best course of action AT THIS JUNCTURE to make that happen? I just don't think Maes is ready. I think this race is a great learning experience. Tancrado will do for a few years till we can get some more serious Tea Party/Libertarian/Constitutionalists candidates. Maes could step down and try again in 4 years.

Tancrado is not going to step down. If Maes does not step down and allows the (D) to win he wasn't the man for the job to start with.

Do you really take the Denver Post seriously?
No

zach

That's funny, I thought Maes was running under the Republican ticket?

Honestly Maes may be better than Hickenlooper, but that doesn't mean he gets my vote. The reason Maes has not had much bad press is because he was not a viable candidate until he won the Primary. IMO he only achieved that because McInnis is a bigger mistake.

If the Republican party wants to be taken serious they need to stop running these types of candidates out.

Take off the rose colored glasses and constructively take a look at everything going on. The Libs aren't threatened by Maes, they are licking their chops. They would love nothing more than several unknowns to run for Gubernatorial seats nation wide.

Kingfish said:
ooghost1oo said:
You guys are being played.
Who are you talking to?

I'm pretty sure that is me...

ooghost1oo

I don't understand, Zach. Why would you say 'he doesn't have my vote' if the main goal is to beat Hickenlooper (if you value your freedoms, anyway), and there is NO POSSIBLE way Tancredo could win? What's the point of nit-picking and talking about 'being taken seriously' instead of rallying behind the only hope of stopping approaching evil (sorry if that's too dramatic)? Why care about anything other than rising together to stop the threat?

Look at this madness:
http://coloradoindependent.com/60190/spokesman-says-tancredo-can-win-even-if-maes-stays-in-race

The polls were last at Hickenlooper:36% Maes:24% Tancredo:9%

24+9=????

We MUST stand together, and spread the word to help make Colorado a free state.

Here's a letter I just sent to Tancredo, though I doubt he'll listen:

-------------

Mr. Tancredo,

I'm writing to thank you for your service to the people of Colorado in the past, and to implore you to do what is best for our magnificent state in this 2010 governor's race.

As I'm sure you know, Colorado is in a unique swing status right now where we can either be moved more towards a 'liberal-type' state under Hickenlooper, who will be a rubber stamp for the anti-freedom Obama agenda, or in a more Conservative/Libertarian direction under a proper Conservative governor.

I remember you announcing that you'd be entering the race if the polls were not in favor for the GOP candidate. Today, I implore you to apply the same strategy to yourself and, if the polls show that you cannot win, drop out of the race in the same manner you suggested from Maes and McInnis.

Colorado CAN defeat Hickenlooper and the encroaching influence of the Left. But it's looking to me, sir, that you cannot win. And all you're doing by your continued participation is dividing the Conservative vote that could otherwise defeat the Democratic candidate. You may be a great Conservative, but at this juncture, you are the Ross Perot to the 1992 Presidential Elections. Your cause is true, but if you continue your present course, you'll be personally guaranteeing Hickenlooper's success--and that brings much more dire consequences than 'just another Democrat'.

Please drop out of the race and support Dan Maes. He may have his problems, but, with your support and endorsement, Dan Maes is the ONLY possible way to defeat Hickenlooper and beat back the Obama Administration's influence on Colorado. If you look at the polls, your supporters and Dan's supporters could win by a large margin, if only they rallied behind one man. And Maes has the numbers.

I love your stance on the issues, and I'd support you in another run for the presidency, but please drop out of this race, because you're only hurting Colorado.

Thank you for your consideration, and I sincerely hope you do the right thing.

I, and many other Coloradans, are depending on what YOU do for the rest of this race.

In Liberty,

Eddie Patin
Colorado Springs, Co

ooghost1oo

The reason Maes has not had much bad press is because he was not a viable candidate until he won the Primary. IMO he only achieved that because McInnis is a bigger mistake.

In case you weren't paying attention before the primaries, he's had LOTS of attacks. Mainly from the repeated mantra, pounded into our heads by the media and his rivals, "Dan Maes can't win". I mean, his enemies used search engine optimization to where if you typed in "Dan Maes..." on Google, the top suggestion was "Dan Maes can't win".

Someone ran a robot-caller campaign saying that he was dropping out of the race just before the primaries.

He could have still won without McInnis's ethics scandal--they were both surrounded by dirty attacks.

The reason he won was because of the support from Tea Party folks, grassroots, and people spending their free time trying to campaign for him and grow votes wherever they could. I tried to help, and hope I helped a few people vote for him. And if everyone put in the effort, (and Tancredo dropped out), we could beat the Hick. That's where Dan's strength comes from--people throughout Colorado that believe in him and fight for him.

He seems Conservative enough for me, I saw him speak at a Tea Party rally and liked him, and I'll take him at his word about the (concealed) 'Constitutional Carry' bit, so I'll support him, even if it seems he might lose. 'Cause what else is there if Liberty's side is likely to lose? To bitch and moan? Stay home? If enough people vote ANYWAY, despite everyone in the media telling us that he can't win, we'll have the numbers and we'll save Colorado. And I won't have to move to Wyoming. ;)

zach

I don't understand, Zach. Why would you say 'he doesn't have my vote' if the main goal is to beat Hickenlooper (if you value your freedoms, anyway)

Because my vote does not follow party lines for the sake of winning, my vote goes to whom I feel it should based on MY ethics and principles.

No one, including you Eddie, will tell me how I should vote. You vote how you want and I'll do the same. More than likely you'll blame me and others for not towing the line if Hickenlooper wins.

Feel free to add this to your blog page as well. I'm glad you've found me to be "childish and counter-productive".

My last .02 on this subject.

ooghost1oo

Because my vote does not follow party lines for the sake of winning, my vote goes to whom I feel it should based on MY ethics and principles.

No one, including you Eddie, will tell me how I should vote. You vote how you want and I'll do the same. More than likely you'll blame me and others for not towing the line if Hickenlooper wins.

Feel free to add this to your blog page as well. I'm glad you've found me to be "childish and counter-productive".

Whatever, Zach. I never called you 'childish and counter-productive'. But you and I obviously have different strategies of voting. And you'd apparently be willing to waste your vote or maybe not even vote instead of focusing on the big picture and defeating the threat to your freedom, your pocket-book, hell, even your right to Open Carry. So yeah--you ARE being counter-productive. And if you don't vote in the most effective way possible to defeat Hickenlooper, then yeah--you ARE helping him win.

But like I said, people never really listen when you try to challenge or change their political beliefs. They mostly just wait for a chance to talk and show how smart they are.

(Edit)
And you know? I forgot something:
This isn't about PARTY. I'm not a Republican--I'm a Conservative. And I'm not even a real Conservative! I'm an Objectivist (I follow Ayn Rand and Liberty). This is about freedom.

Last edited:

zach

Whatever, Zach. I never called you 'childish and counter-productive'. .

Really, so who added those words on YOUR Blog???? Don't begin to lecture me about my vote, you know nothing about my vote and more than likely will never understand my vote.

Attachments

• Blog.jpg
    Blog.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 68

ooghost1oo

Really, so who added those words on YOUR Blog???? Don't begin to lecture me about my vote, you know nothing about my vote and more than likely will never understand my vote.

You mean this: ?
(Zach said)
Care to elaborate (re: childish and counter-productive)?

Do I really need to explain what 're:' means?

Well, THIS conversation is becoming counter-productive for sure.

And you know what? Voting to make a statement instead of voting to win IS childish. But like I said, people can't REALLY impact other peoples' minds--you have to see the truth for yourself. And we're WILDLY off-topic. So I'm gonna let this lie, because I don't want this thread locked, and I intend to keep any of you who care about this race updated through the rest of the year. So here's to your .02, Zach. *clink*

Last edited:

rushcreek2

If you care about your right to keep and bear arms in Colorado, I would suggest visiting www. danmaes.com and helping his campaign with a donation - as I just did.

Gunslinger

Supposedly he entered the race because of the scandal problems of both Republican candidates--said that neither of them had a chance to beat Hickenlooper, so if the polls were against whichever one won, he'd enter the race against them. He even tried to get into the primary, but was too late.

If he joined the race a couple of weeks before he did, things would have been fine. He could have duked it out with them in the primaries, and may the best man win. Maybe he would have won the Primary, and I would have supported him. But he didn't do it right. He was too late, and instead of using his pull to support the candidate that won (remember--he was just doing this because he thought they couldn't win), he bitched about not being able to get in late, and decided to run as a third party. Dooming the race by splitting the Conservative vote and insuring a crushing win for Hickenlooper.

Now he's playing as if he thinks he can win, which is ridiculous. But he's lying at the same time. I read an article where Tancredo's office said that if Hickenlooper won the main race, his office would be throwing a party. He said that if he can't get a Republican candidate which isn't 'more of the same' (which is a selfish justification for him running, because Dan Maes certainly isn't 'more of the same'), he'd rather see another Democrat in office than an inferior Republican.

I don't know if he truly believes he can win, or if he's actually doing this for the Left. Either way, it's completely destructive, and is a catastrophe for Colorado, which is in a very unique status right now, where it can swing toward being more of a 'free state' like it used to be, or a mountainous Kalifornia/New York type liberal state. Bill Ritter is in bed with Obama, and so is Hickenlooper, just like Michael Bennett. Obama wants Colorado, and we'll be seeing a definite shift one way or the other depending on who gets in that Governor seat.

That's why it's even more childish--pulling this ******** in such a dangerous time. Either throwing a political tantrum by trying to get in too late and f**king everything up with this 3rd party nonsense. Or, he's bought, which is even worse.

Either way, we must STOP Tancredo and Hickenlooper. Stop Hickenlooper for the same of Colorado's Liberty, and stop Tancredo for the sake of stopping Hickenlooper. A vote for either is a vote for Obama and the destruction of the state.
I agree 100%. Hick is just warmed over Tax Ritter. Tancredo is a traitor to every principle of conservative thought: he is pouting and would rather wreck the state than do the right thing. **** him--and don't ever forget what he did with his perfidy.

Gunslinger

Throwing your vote away on misguided "principle" is foolish. You can vote however you choose, but a vote for the pouting, perfidious fool Tancredo is a vote for Hickenlooper and more of Ritter's never seeing a tax he didn't like and opposing our 2A rights. It is a support for president hussein and all he and the democrap party stand for. It can't be rationalized as anything other than that. If Tancredo had any balls, to say nothing of common sense, he'd back out. He'd be remembered for that in the future and win a lot of support--including mine, for future runs. Now he'll be remembered as Judas.

zach

Throwing your vote away on misguided "principle" is foolish. You can vote however you choose, but a vote for the pouting, perfidious fool Tancredo is a vote for Hickenlooper and more of Ritter's never seeing a tax he didn't like and opposing our 2A rights. It is a support for president hussein and all he and the democrap party stand for. It can't be rationalized as anything other than that. If Tancredo had any balls, to say nothing of common sense, he'd back out. He'd be remembered for that in the future and win a lot of support--including mine, for future runs. Now he'll be remembered as Judas.

Thanks for your .02 Gunslinger. I'm not getting back into this argument though.

Gunslinger

Thanks for your .02 Gunslinger. I'm not getting back into this argument though.

That's fine, but give how you want to use your vote some thought. You're certainly bright enough to see the lesser of evils aspect of this election. In some cases, that's all you can go with.

cscitney87

"Tancredo for Governor - Issues
• Fiscal Responsibility
• Creating Jobs
• Secure Colorado
• Why I am running this way?"

Wow what a large array of ISSUES to sort through. I guess we know where Tom stands...

Dan Maes is looking better and better.