• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skidmark proceeding to trial - Sept 13th, 2011

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You know I will. I make damn good Bar B Q:uhoh:

When I lived in NC, such events were referred to as "Pig Pickins" - most appropriate in this instance I should think - 'course they were "whole hog" doings.

First you split 'em, then....

Greyh Seer

Man, I wish user was in MI. I'd put him on retainer immediatly. You can never have too many lawers. ;)

Keep up the good work! I'd like to see the defendent end up owning most of that county!

:banana: Look, I used the banana, does that make me official? ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Man, I wish user was in MI. I'd put him on retainer immediatly. You can never have too many lawers. ;)

Keep up the good work! I'd like to see the defendent end up owning most of that county!

:banana: Look, I used the banana, does that make me official? ;)

There are many good people in Surry and it is a beautiful area rich in history. They deserve better than what has been seen as representative of their county.

IMO there are 3 protagonists in this that seem to have colluded to injure Skid. The tentacles reach into the very core of local "machinery" as well as into state and contractor policies and procedures. It takes someone like User to unravel the relationships and to make clear the areas of failure of each in the application of responsibilities - then apply that specifically to Skid's benefit.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I have a friend who's a Japanese patent lawyer. First Japanese guy to actually get through a law school in the U.S. and to pass the bar exam. He wrote a book for publication in Japan about American lawyer jokes. He figured that phenomenon, more than any other, explained the differences between Japanese and American culture. He did research on it for a while and collected hundreds of lawyer jokes. His favorite was, "What do you call ten thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? -- a good start."

As with any kind of professional, as Wylde007 recently pointed out to me in a private email, it's nearly impossible for folks uninitiated in the relevant art to have any really good idea what the professional actually does, let alone whether he's good at it.

But surely, there's a good lawyer in Mich. who understands the needs of people who want to exercise their right to defend themselves, their homes, and their families. If the tenor of the thread is that someone's not up to snuff, or not doing his job, then it's time to fire that guy and hire the one who is.

EricDailey X-NRA

Jokes

...But surely, there's a good lawyer...

We didn't use to need lawyers.

Lawyers are trained to tell jokes on themselves. They say "everyone hates lawyers till you need one". Well we didn't use to need lawyers but they figured out how to twist everything until we are sucked dry. Judges, legislators, prosecutors, are all lawyers. Even the military is packed with lawyers. Men used to be able to judge themselves and each other. We still can if we will but we are all deceived.

All secret brotherhoods are tyrannies and must be destroyed or you will be enslaved.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll be more specific in day or two, but I have to put my potato planting off another day.

Tomorrow, one of the most startling aspects of this case is going under a microscope. As usual, members here will be involved and I'll be there to film it.:uhoh:

Thundar

I'll be more specific in day or two, but I have to put my potato planting off another day.

Tomorrow, one of the most startling aspects of this case is going under a microscope. As usual, members here will be involved and I'll be there to film it.:uhoh:

Damn it Peter!

I am frustrated because I don't have any details.

I am even more frustrated because it sounds like fun, and I'm not in on it.

Give 'em hell, or good luck snooping, or I hope you "win" whatever it is you are up to.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Damn it Peter!

Give 'em hell, or good luck snooping, or I hope you "win" whatever it is you are up to.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

image55983.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Damn it Peter!

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

I 'll give some detail tomorrow but it's very definitely give em hell tomorrow. We're gonna tie a can to someone's tail.