• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped at GUNPOINT

sudden valley gunner

imported post

phone guy wrote:
If we do have a picnic, you can invite that reporter. Don't they have a local TV station up there Chanel 12 KVOS?
I told the reporter we have regular OC meets and said I will invite him to the next one. My veiwpoint is he could go either way....I told him I was more concerned with my 4th and 5th ammendments being stomped on that 2nd is well secondary at this point. If we have one I will invite him. Bellingham has many parks, the most per land by far than any other county. City of Bellingham has quite a few parks. I am up for a meet if others are. I am more determined than ever to open carry now.

cdjspider

imported post

Damn, I thought the police around here where up to date too. Im open on the 11th and 12th too so just give me a time and date and I will be there.

I think Whatcom Falls Park would be a good spot to do have this meating, We could kinda get a two for one there....last time I was there they had a no firearms sign up...

j2l3

imported post

Is Whatcom Falls park in the city of Bellingham? If not, it won't make the impact that is needed. Best to select a park in the city if it was the city police who are the issue.

cdjspider

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
Is Whatcom Falls parl in the city of Bellingham? If not, it won't make the impact that is needed. Best to select a park in the city if it was the city police who are the issue.
Yes its right in the middle of bellingham.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

cdjspider wrote:
j2l3 wrote:
Is Whatcom Falls parl in the city of Bellingham? If not, it won't make the impact that is needed. Best to select a park in the city if it was the city police who are the issue.

State law preempts even if they have signs, I have carried at Whatcom Falls its a good park but a little away from the center of town. Too bad we can't all walk in one at a time and file a complaint, to police and city hall.

cdjspider

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
cdjspider wrote:
j2l3 wrote:

State law preempts even if they have signs, I have carried at Whatcom Falls its a good park but a little away from the center of town. Too bad we can't all walk in one at a time and file a complaint, to police and city hall.
I know state preempts it, just an idea I thought I would through out there, I willing to go anywhere though =)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Great!!! I appreciate the support, Whatcom Falls actually might be the best place now that I think about it, because we will probably need bbq places as suggested to me in a PM. So I will search for a park whatever day is best for you folks is a good day for me I am open all weekend. Someone else helped me with a rough draft for a letter of complaint and I will be filing that also.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I was thinking Maritime Heritage park since it literally sits behind the Jail courthouse and Police station. Don't know if they have cooking facilities though. If you guys say Whatcom Falls, I am down for that. There are two sections to that park. Although they are connected by a small path. They also have a covered eating area at the lower section.

cdjspider

imported post

If it makes any difference, I just checked the weather and Sat looks like the nicest day at 81 degrees and sunny and Sun is 71 Degrees and partly cloudy.

Phssthpok

imported post

On a side note, we really need to get some shirts printed up with the texts of RCW 9.41.290 on the front, and RCW 9A.36.070 on the back with a "See also: 18 USC sec. 242" underneath.

;)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I am open either day, So whatever the consesus is I am good. I have the reporters info and will invite, him. I told him about the other man that was arrested last year, and that the police and the city counsel, where informed that it was perfectly legal and they can't do what they did. That made him more interested, because that means it wasn't an honest mistake on their part. He said he is going to research that.

I know this is last minute but it would be great, to have it this close and soon to the incident.I havea crummy video of getting told to leave the entrance area, I am not sure it is prudent to post yet, don't how it could hurt my case, but you never know.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

You Bastard I can't ride my bike.....ahhhhhh..... lol. Saturday is good form me, maybe should wait for the other fellows to wake up though and give their input.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I stayed up fairly late last night writing down what happened. Wanted to flush what had happened out of my brain before it was too late.I am really dissappointed in the actions of these ignorant, belligerant, uncouth officers.

I am sure their report will be different and I assure you folks other than being emphatic on the law and not trying to give up my rights they were intimidating me to give up, I kept my head. I havea witness. I am a guy who uses "curse words" in my everyday language, but I didn't even let one slip out, although it sure would have fit their actions and what they were doing.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I am going to bring my video camera, I have been instructing my step son on how to use it and on how to politely decline unlawfull orders from the police or other "authorities" to stop recording.