• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped in Warren update.

mikestilly

imported post

Greggy_D wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
SGT  Eppich said video's from the other 2 cars were blank.

Suuuuuure they were.  Amazing that never happens during/after a DUI arrest.

I suspect it will be investigated. If the camera was functioning normally, loaded to run, and the file is magically blank then both the cops and anyone who came in contact with it should be charged with tampering with evidence.

Mike

thekunk47

imported post

We need to make signs and picket the Waren police office. We ca do the Westland one after.Get a lot of people, make signs , and notify the media so we can get our say on TV or in the papers. Who's with me?

G

imported post

Picket in broad daylight with the whole world watching.

No candlelight nonsense.

No walks in the park.

In their face picket.

1A & 2A all in one.

I'm in.

There will be a need for multiple cameras. Because SWAT WILL respond. SOP.

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
what disgustingly ignorant people they appear to be...:cuss:
No these are disgustingly arrogant people. :cuss:

Again I remind everyone that this is the same PD that ran down a snowmobile rider across lawns and killed him. With impunity no less!!!

Yooper

imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
I saw ethan's candlelight vigil idea and fell in love with it! Somedays I miss not being near the city to partake in these types of events :( Then again, here we don't seem to need them.
Heck, even if the cops up here were as bad as Warren, we still wouldn't have much trouble because outside of Houghton/Hancock, you rarely see one.
I've had 2 encounters OCing.....1 about 10yrs ago (long story)..the MSP trooper saw that I had a handgun, and only asked if he could see the registration card. Never asked to see the gun. the other time was 11-12 yrs ago. I was walking my dog through my town and a HCSD car happened to be driving by. He stopped and asked "how's it going"....I told him "Great! Taking the dog for a walk trying to enjoy the nice weather".... He said "Sure has been nice lately....well, have a good day" and drove off.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Yooper wrote:
Heck, even if the cops up here were as bad as Warren, we still wouldn't have much trouble because outside of Houghton/Hancock, you rarely see one.
I've had 2 encounters OCing.....1 about 10yrs ago (long story)..the MSP trooper saw that I had a handgun, and only asked if he could see the registration card. Never asked to see the gun. the other time was 11-12 yrs ago. I was walking my dog through my town and a HCSD car happened to be driving by. He stopped and asked "how's it going"....I told him "Great! Taking the dog for a walk trying to enjoy the nice weather".... He said "Sure has been nice lately....well, have a good day" and drove off.
I hate you....

lapeer20m

imported post

if the department deleted or otherwise failed to produce the foia'd information, i think you should contact the AG, or even the msp to file a complaint.

who else could be contacted? seems that an investigation is in order.