• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped in Warren update.

mikestilly

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
On a completely unrelated note, I'm selling my vehicle and had a gentleman stop by yesterday to look at it.  I was OCing and I'm pretty sure he noticed it but as usual, didn't say a thing.

He returned today with his wife, only this time he was wearing his Sterling Heights Police Dept. badge on his belt.  They pulled up, and I was across the street, came jaunting over and the first thing out of his mouth:  "Exercising your right to open carry huh?"

Me: "Yessir!"

That was the end of it, it didn't come up again, he checked out the car, took it for a spin and said he'd be in touch.

I'll count that as a good experience, SH though, not Warren....

If he were a Warren PD he'd probably put his gun to your head and throw you on the hood of your car. :uhoh:

Haman J.T.

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
On a completely unrelated note, I'm selling my vehicle and had a gentleman stop by yesterday to look at it. I was OCing and I'm pretty sure he noticed it but as usual, didn't say a thing.

He returned today with his wife, only this time he was wearing his Sterling Heights Police Dept. badge on his belt. They pulled up, and I was across the street, came jaunting over and the first thing out of his mouth: "Exercising your right to open carry huh?"

Me: "Yessir!"

That was the end of it, it didn't come up again, he checked out the car, took it for a spin and said he'd be in touch.

I'll count that as a good experience, SH though, not Warren....
I WANNA MOVE TO STERLING HEIGHTS! LOL!

eastmeyers

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I want to move to Texas but the only thing I would regret is OC is illegal there. :banghead:
I want to move to Alaska, you crazy nuts, carry whatever you want whenever you want! Also no BIG government their.

Haman J.T.

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
I want to move to Texas but the only thing I would regret is OC is illegal there. :banghead:
I want to move to Alaska, you crazy nuts, carry whatever you want whenever you want! Also no BIG government their.
ME AND MY WIFE WANNA GO TO ALASKA! AT least she thinks she does!

Ruckus

imported post

I understand what some are saying about picketing as we could potentially be painted negatively by the press and lemmings. However, I do feel like picketing is still a viable option to inform and let folks know we will not tolerate such transgressions against our rights by remaining relatively quiet. And, I'm not saying we are lying down or being silent, as I believe this a quite an active group. I just feel there should be some forward response above and beyond our normal open carry practices for when situations like this blatantly apply for something more. Put a face and a message towards our disapproval.

If not a picket, what about a candlelight vigil gathering for the sad state of affairs in which the WPD is signaling through their actions, or lack thereof in the matter of open carry? We could just consequently be holding glow in the dark signs or something, lol.

Eh...I dunno.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

There are plans being made to address the city council. We need a warren resident to speak though...

Anyone willing to do this?

Also, anyone that has had a negative encounter with Warren PD and willing to share the experience with city council, please PM me.

T Vance

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
ME AND MY WIFE WANNA GO TO ALASKA! AT least she thinks she does!
1 person per square mile...

thekunk47

imported post

Let's do it. Get 30 or 30 of us to walk around Warren. Hit the shopping complexes,stop somewhere for coffee and a bagel....but stay in larger groups and have recorders.Let's get it moving.

Haman J.T.

imported post

SGT Eppich said video's from the other 2 cars were blank. His opinion was if you OC it's ok to draw down on you, because you are a danger to the community.All the WPD leo's I have spoken to since this began, have had the same opinion. Ignorance flourishes at the WPD! Got work to do!

choover

imported post

I think they have a very rude awakening coming, open carry is not illegal so when they look for reasonable cause then need to exclude the presence of the gun itself if its holstered... its no different than drawing down on someone because they are playing golf...neither are illegal to do.