• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supposed new anti-gunshow billboard coming in VA

TFred

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
ed wrote:

Dayum. THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE!!!

Ed, You ROCK, dude!!!

You're my HERO OF THE DAY!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I dont get it - when I click on that, it goes nowhere.....a dead link.
New sites sometimes take a few hours to propagate through the interwebs' DNS servers... it will eventually work. :)

TFred

nova

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
ed wrote:

Dayum. THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE!!!

Ed, You ROCK, dude!!!

You're my HERO OF THE DAY!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I dont get it - when I click on that, it goes nowhere.....a dead link.

Redirects to http://www.vcdl.org for me. :D
Same here. Works for me!

And that does look like skidmark in the background too! :D

MSC 45ACP

imported post

proshooter, you may also try doing disc cleanup. Sometimes mine won't do any "new stuff" unless I clean things up. I do it at least once a day if I'm surfin the web, but I may not have much memory of some sort.

:)

nova

imported post

HankT wrote:
Darroll wrote:
While the quality of the ad is good the content is ridiculous. Who would sell someone a gun at a show without knowing their name that wouldn't due it on the streets a block away if the antis get their mandatory background checks at shows?

My humble opinion is that thethe answer to this question is "LOTS."
Well your humble opinion is wrong. Why don't you take your head out of your ass, and think for yourself instead of reading out of the Brady Campaign's playbook? I've been to almost every Chantilly and Dale City gun show and a few others in this state since 2005. I can count less than 10 "private sellers" in line before the show starts, and just as many or less after the show opens inside. Typically these people are selling $1000+ rifles, usually hunting or 'sporting' rifles. What thug wants to walk around the hood with a grand's worth of walnut and blued steel with a 5rd mag in a high recoiling cartridge when they can go to their nearest street corner or back alley illicit dealer and get something much more 'appropriate' for their 'needs'?

The fact you do not list VA as your location really places doubt in my mind whether you're qualified to have an opinion in this thread.

The anti's goal isn't just to outlaw private sales at gun shows, it's to eventually outlaw all private sales, to require 'remote' registration (remember ATF can inspect dealer records, and if a dealer closes shop they have to turn in their bound book to the ATF...what do you think the ATF does with these records?) and what does registration lead to? Confiscation.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

nova wrote:
HankT wrote:
Darroll wrote:
While the quality of the ad is good the content is ridiculous. Who would sell someone a gun at a show without knowing their name that wouldn't due it on the streets a block away if the antis get their mandatory background checks at shows?

Well your humble opinion is wrong. Why don't you take your head out of your ass, and think for yourself instead of reading out of the Brady Campaign's playbook? ...

The fact you do not list VA as your location really places doubt in my mind whether you're qualified to have an opinion in this thread.

So, uhm, just what are the qualifications "to have an opinion in this thread," , nova?

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
proshooter, you may also try doing disc cleanup. Sometimes mine won't do any "new stuff" unless I clean things up. I do it at least once a day if I'm surfin the web, but I may not have much memory of some sort.

You can also force it to refresh from the server by pressing <CTRL>-f5 in Internet Exploder. f5 will just refresh from cache.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The background is not of a gun show IMO and that is definitely not Skid.

Nice work on capturing the dominion name and redirecting Ed. :D

Yata hey

MSC 45ACP

imported post

pourshot wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

You can also force it to refresh from the server by pressing <CTRL>-f5 in Internet Exploder. f5 will just refresh from cache.

Now you're talkin WAY over my level of 'pooter knowledge...
That's high-tech chit right there... WTF is an "F-key"???
They're ALL FLOCKIN KEYS to me, what makes one any better than the next?

Are those the itty-bitty ones in the top row on the keyboard with all the picshures on 'em? :idea:
I can't see 'em that well, but they ain't got any letter on em, just picshures. Time for an eye doctor appointment. My eyes are goin... :X

Harper1227

imported post

nova wrote:
HankT wrote:
Darroll wrote:

Well your humble opinion is wrong. Why don't you take your head out of your ass, and think for yourself instead of reading out of the Brady Campaign's playbook? I've been to almost every Chantilly and Dale City gun show and a few others in this state since 2005. I can count less than 10 "private sellers" in line before the show starts, and just as many or less after the show opens inside. Typically these people are selling $1000+ rifles, usually hunting or 'sporting' rifles. What thug wants to walk around the hood with a grand's worth of walnut and blued steel with a 5rd mag in a high recoiling cartridge when they can go to their nearest street corner or back alley illicit dealer and get something much more 'appropriate' for their 'needs'?

The anti's goal isn't just to outlaw private sales at gun shows, it's to eventually outlaw all private sales, to require 'remote' registration (remember ATF can inspect dealer records, and if a dealer closes shop they have to turn in their bound book to the ATF...what do you think the ATF does with these records?) and what does registration lead to? Confiscation.

In this case, opinion doesnt matter, so put you d*&ks away. :lol:

There are facts involved and one obvious fact is: no on asks my name to buy a knife or a machete, or a roll of duct tape, a screw driver, rope or a shovel. Nope. In the hands of some, these items are much scarier to me then someone buying a gun without giving their name. Do i think the antis should have their way, absolutely not. I think people should be responsible for their own actions. Private sale of guns is not the BIG BAD MONSTER that the antis make it out to be and we hereknow that.

you're both right - some people will see without asking for a name but it is also unlikely that 'thugs' would buy the stuff sold at gun shows. The bottom line is - who should be responsible, is it the seller's fault if that gun is used negligently or illegally?

I will say it a hundred times people need to be held responsible for their OWN actions. me giving you a gun does not make me responsible for what you do with it. we're not talking about giving drugs to an addict or scissors to a kid and telling him to run upstairs. One adult selling a tool to another adult. If i sold a chain saw to some guy on craigs list and then he uses it to chop up his wife, no one would blame me.

I can hear it now:

"she didn't even ask his name".

"i hear he was mentally ill"

"she didnt ask him to sign a piece of paper saying he wasnt mentally ill? how irresponsible"

Sounds ridiculous doesnt it?

ok, im ranting now. Don't be mad guys...

It's just my opinion :lol:

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
What gun show has Free Admission?  Or is that a photoshop effect as well?

TFred
the free admission is if you join the NRA they have a table set up for people to join right outside the doors.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
9932_1171478840316_1028359616_30443798_7768120_n.jpg
Freedom. The way America is supposed to be.