• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taunting

GeneticsDave

imported post

What about just calling it PS (Pepper Spray), that way we won't get it confused with OC (Open Carry)?

So yes, I would like to get some PS, what brand/type do you all recommend?

xRapidDavex

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
What about just calling it PS (Pepper Spray), that way we won't get it confused with OC (Open Carry)?

Ask Dog the Bounty Hunter :lol:

GeneticsDave

imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
GeneticsDave wrote:

Ask Dog the Bounty Hunter :lol:
Is he a member here? What's his username? I'll PM him...

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wellsomeonethat keeps on coming even knowing you're armed and after being sprayedobviously doesn't fear for his own life. In that caseyou should reasonably fear for yours. He eitherknows something you don't, or is just too stupid to know anything...

I wonder how Bear45/70 feels about bear spray?

GeneticsDave

imported post

That thing is freakin' huge! You want me walking around with that on my chest?

There are so many different types of Pepper Spray (PS), I was just wondering what other people carry and why.

thx997303

imported post

No, I just don't think that pepper spray is very useful. I figure if you're gonna use it, you want as much and as powerful a spray as you can get.

Maybe mini bear spray?

Mini bear spray

swillden

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
No, I just don't think that pepper spray is very useful. I figure if you're gonna use it, you want as much and as powerful a spray as you can get.
I think bear spray is supposed to be too strong to use on people. I've read that it can do permanent damage, especially to the eyes. If you have legal justification to maim someone like that, you might as well shoot them.

b1ack5mith

imported post

"so you think youre a tough guy huh?"

right then is the point where you put your finger in your ear and say "blue team, move out!" LOLOLOL!

xRapidDavex

imported post

swillden wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
I think bear spray is supposed to be too strong to use on people. I've read that it can do permanent damage, especially to the eyes. If you have legal justification to maim someone like that, you might as well shoot them.
Actually, Dog the Bounty Hunter uses bear spray when he takes someone down.

Hover over the second guy from the left with your mouse: http://www.aetv.com/dog_the_bounty_hunter/dog_posse.jsp

swillden

imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
swillden wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Actually, Dog the Bounty Hunter uses bear spray when he takes someone down.
I just did some poking around on the web and as far as I can tell the stories about bear spray permanently blinding someone are apocryphal. Bear spray is just normal pepper spray, but a little stronger and in a bigger container. Too big for convenient use. I carry a 1/2 ounce container that fits nicely in a pocket.

thx997303

imported post

Didn't you see the mini bear spray link I posted? It comes with big medium and mini bear spray. Scroll up and take a look.