• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The City of Warren OC Awareness Bike Ride Through Warren and Picnic

Ruckus

imported post

I want to sign up for this too, but it is still too far away to make me a definite. So, right now I'm a possible.

***former lurker known as "Ethan_Frome" since 2008.

coffee4meplz

imported post

New to the forum but I have been reading a lot about OC...The debate about OC on a bicycle is clearly a grey area and I understand that. Now if a bicycle is a vehicle, then before the ride make sure you understand all bicycle laws both local and state before you ride or you may face a civil infraction and give LEO a reason for a terry stop.

Using a bicycle on a road you are to follow all rules that apply to a motor vehicle. Use of turn signals, lights and other safety devices. I don't know if that applies to riding on a sidewalk.

http://www.m-bike.org/law

I have not OC'd or have I applied for a CPL but I do plan to do both. I love all the information that is given on this site and thought I would add my 2 cents. Good luck on the ride and I might show up (empty) just to meet a few of you guys to get more information.

Thanks

SpringerXDacp

imported post

coffee4meplz wrote:
New to the forum but I have been reading a lot about OC...The debate about OC on a bicycle is clearly a grey area and I understand that. Now if a bicycle is a vehicle, then before the ride make sure you understand all bicycle laws both local and state before you ride or you may face a civil infraction and give LEO a reason for a terry stop.

Using a bicycle on a road you are to follow all rules that apply to a motor vehicle. Use of turn signals, lights and other safety devices. I don't know if that applies to riding on a sidewalk.

http://www.m-bike.org/law

I have not OC'd or have I applied for a CPL but I do plan to do both. I love all the information that is given on this site and thought I would add my 2 cents. Good luck on the ride and I might show up (empty) just to meet a few of you guys to get more information.

Thanks
Welcome to OCDO Coffee4meplz.

You canadd your location by going to My Account and then Profile. Pick USA under Country first and then pick Michigan under State.

mikestilly

imported post

Welcome to OCDO! I am looking forward to the bike ride & picnic. I'm hoping today I can continue to plan the bike path .. I'm mapping it all out beforehand. For those who can't bike far it's not going to be that long but long enough to make a statement. Nothing like a large pile of OC'ers taking up a lane in the roadway on bike's to say we're out here.

Still lookin for more people to join us and also help out where they can. Looks like they have some grills. Last year people brought some gas ones.

coffee4meplz

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
coffee4me.....wtf is up your picture?!....its scary

Scary yes! one of my biggest nightmares to wake up this way!

Off topic- I was just sent a PM telling me to change my avatar ASAP. There is no nudity or immoral acts betrayed in my avatar but if this is a violation of OC.orgs policy I will change it.

But I will not change it to satisfy an individual or a group. After all I thought this is what OPEN CARRY IS ALL ABOUT! Our Legal Rights! What makes it ok for someone to claim the right to 2nd Admendment but wants to violate my right to the 1st Admendment.Hypocrites, It's all or nothing! you can't have it both ways!

If my avatar violates opencarry.org policies I will change it.

RandyK

imported post

Hey Mike, I must say I agree with your post in the Durand thread 100%. I want to keep this post positive tho. Im pretty new to OC and this is my first post on the OCDO. I was at Utica and Novi seminars, and the MOC tent at the SAM march. I live in Warren and think the bike ride is a great idea. Going to a public event like the Railroad Days is still a little intimidating, I think the picnic would be more comfortable for new ocers like myself. I want to help out as much as possible. I have alarge four burner gas bbq, access to long folding tables(with table cloths), folding chairs and I have one of the biggest coolers you have ever seen. I have no problem throwing down some cash for food either. Im not much of a bike rider so I will just be going to the picnic+4 or more. I do have a bike if anyone wants to borrow it. Its nothing great but it will get you around, just don't get it impounded! Should we post the info on the new MOC forum?I dont see you on there, not sure what your stance is on it. Just shoot me an email orpm withanything you want me to do. Your efforts are not going unnoticed.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

RandyK wrote:
Hey Mike, I must say I agree with your post in the Durand thread 100%. I want to keep this post positive tho. Im pretty new to OC and this is my first post on the OCDO. I was at Utica and Novi seminars, and the MOC tent at the SAM march. I live in Warren and think the bike ride is a great idea. Going to a public event like the Railroad Days is still a little intimidating, I think the picnic would be more comfortable for new ocers like myself. I want to help out as much as possible. I have alarge four burner gas bbq, access to long folding tables(with table cloths), folding chairs and I have one of the biggest coolers you have ever seen. I have no problem throwing down some cash for food either. Im not much of a bike rider so I will just be going to the picnic+4 or more. I do have a bike if anyone wants to borrow it. Its nothing great but it will get you around, just don't get it impounded! Should we post the info on the new MOC forum?I dont see you on there, not sure what your stance is on it. Just shoot me an email orpm withanything you want me to do. Your efforts are not going unnoticed.

Welcome to OCDO RandyK. Here is the MOC events calendar:

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/events

mikestilly

imported post

RandyK wrote:
Hey Mike, I must say I agree with your post in the Durand thread 100%. I want to keep this post positive tho. Im pretty new to OC and this is my first post on the OCDO. I was at Utica and Novi seminars, and the MOC tent at the SAM march. I live in Warren and think the bike ride is a great idea. Going to a public event like the Railroad Days is still a little intimidating, I think the picnic would be more comfortable for new ocers like myself. I want to help out as much as possible. I have a large four burner gas bbq, access to long folding tables(with table cloths), folding chairs and I have one of the biggest coolers you have ever seen. I have no problem throwing down some cash for food either. Im not much of a bike rider so I will just be going to the picnic+4 or more. I do have a bike if anyone wants to borrow it. Its nothing great but it will get you around, just don't get it impounded! Should we post the info on the new MOC forum? I dont see you on there, not sure what your stance is on it. Just shoot me an email or pm with anything you want me to do. Your efforts are not going unnoticed. 

Welcome to ODCO Randy. I was at the Utica seminar and it's possible we met that day. I was the one who spoke directly after John's presentation and answered a wide variety of OC questions. I was also pretty much standing right in front of the MOC tent at the SAM.

Thank you very much for offering up your BBQ. I'm sure many of us can pitch in for the food. I'd be happy to bring several packages of hot dogs and some pop. There is a pavilion at Hamlmich with picnic benches and tables but I dont yet know how many people are going to come so it's possible we might need some more. We'll have to gauge that when the day get closer.

I was working on creating some open carry shirts for the bike ride but it looks quiet expensive to create custom t-shirts ($25+ each or so). Let me know if you can find anything more affordable. I thought it would be cool for everyone bike riding to wear a OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL IN MICHIGAN shirt(or something like that).

Thanks for offering up your bike for use I know Sprinklerman wanted to join us but didnt have a bike. I also offered to look for a rental place an if we had some people who didnt have a bike.

coffee4meplz

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
RandyK wrote:

I was working on creating some open carry shirts for the bike ride but it looks quiet expensive to create custom t-shirts ($25+ each or so). Let me know if you can find anything more affordable. I thought it would be cool for everyone bike riding to wear a OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL IN MICHIGAN shirt(or something like that).

Try these guys.....says 12 shirts printed only $75 they are located in ferndale

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/clo/1682825302.html

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Where are your priorities Mikesilly?

Are t-shirts really that important to you right now?

mikestilly

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Who are you to tell me what my priorities are??

mikestilly

imported post

coffee4meplz wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
RandyK wrote:

Try these guys.....says 12 shirts printed only $75 they are located in ferndale

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/clo/1682825302.html

Thank you very much coffee4meplz! This is a great find. How many of you out there would like to purchase a T-shirt for the event?

This would be only $6.25 a shirt if we had 12 people buying shirts.

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Who are you to tell me what my priorities are??
I'm not telling you anything Mike. I asked a question. It appears that you think t-shirts are important. Am I incorrect? My oh my Mike, you're awful sensitive these days. What seems to be bothering you?

G

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
coffee4meplz wrote:

Off topic- I was just sent a PM telling me to change my avatar ASAP. There is no nudity or immoral acts betrayed in my avatar but if this is a violation of OC.orgs policy I will change it.

But I will not change it to satisfy an individual or a group. After all I thought this is what OPEN CARRY IS ALL ABOUT! Our Legal Rights! What makes it ok for someone to claim the right to 2nd Admendment but wants to violate my right to the 1st Admendment.Hypocrites, It's all or nothing! you can't have it both ways!

Simply put - OCDO is private property - end of story.

Yata hey
I don't see that coffee4meplz is questioning that OCDO is private property.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
coffee4meplz wrote:

Simply put - OCDO is private property - end of story.

Yata hey
I don't see that coffee4meplz is questioning that OCDO is private property.
Very directly so - he refers to his RIGHT to the first Amendment, implying that whatever he choses to express is subject only to that principle.

We are all guests here and should conduct ourselves accordingly.

IMO a gentleman would comply.

Yata hey

mikestilly

imported post

Come on guys, lets stay on topic. Talk about avitars elsewhere please.

We already have a good start with riders. I'd like to know how many out there are interested in getting a custom OC shirt for the bike ride.

RandyK

imported post

Put me down for 1 XXL. Ill even pay 10.00 for it since im not concerned wetheror not its "important".I wont be on the bike ride but you can give it to me at the picnic. They better not be pink or anything.lol