• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The City of Warren OC Awareness Bike Ride Through Warren and Picnic

nate0486

imported post

I would be interested in an oc t-shirt. like randy i dont plan on doing the bike ride but will be at the picnic. let me know when you get details figured out. would need a xl or xxl

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Please stop the off topic posts

Sweet so we have 3 shirts thus far. I'll send some PM's to see if we can get some more support for them.
Sincere suggestion, start a separate clean thread for bike ride, tee shirts and whatever is planned & request a sticky so that stays on top of the sub-forum until after the date of the event.

Yata hey

mikestilly

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Sweet so we have 3 shirts thus far. I'll send some PM's to see if we can get some more support for them.
Sincere suggestion, start a separate clean thread for bike ride, tee shirts and whatever is planned & request a sticky so that stays on top of the sub-forum until after the date of the event.

Yata hey

They've told us many times not to make multiple posts about the same events. Please take your OT conversation to another thread.

Thanks,
Mike

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Yata hey

They've told us many times not to make multiple posts about the same events. Please take your OT conversation to another thread.

Thanks,
Mike
Let me see what the shirts look like. I'd probably take one if they don't look goofy. You can take the $6.25 off what you owe me.

G

imported post

How are them shirts coming along there Mikestilly?

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Michigan Open Carry will not be hosting or co-hosting a picnic on this day. The restroom facilities will not be available, the pavilion cannot be rented and there is a scheduled park cleanup taking place on this date.

It is my understanding that there has been a picnic in Warren for the last few years, and I would like to see the tradition continue. However, it must be planned later in the year for everyone's comfort. Perhaps something in late June or early July.

I would still encourage everyone to participate in the bike ride and even to meet up at the park afterward for socializing, but bear in mind there will be cleanup crews thereuntil the afternoon.

mikestilly

imported post

Though I feel Jeff was wrong for posting this his post does not change this event in anyway.

The pavilion will be physically reserved on the day of the event. I spoke with park and rec and they said there is a strong possibility the bathrooms will be opened anyways because it's a large park and they will be cleaning. If not we will have a backup facilities prepared. Lastly BIG PLANS ARE IN THE WORKS. NEWS TO FOLLOW ..

Evil is working on a design for the shirts for the bike ride.

We will also have 2 routes one for children and those who cannot bike fast or greater distance and one for adults or those who are OK in biking over a greater distance. We will be leaving from a commercial parking lot which we are working on getting obtaining permission.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Look, the Parks and Rec advised me today that the pavilion is not available to rent until later this month. Further, the bathrooms will be closed as they have not removed the winter protection yet. And on top of that, there will be cleanup crews in all Warren parks on that day. Have a look at the Warren parks & rec website... So, you think it is wrong to call off a picnic with no bathrooms, no pavilion shelter, no ability to put up an information tent, and clean up crews moving about the grounds all day long? Good luck on the reservation bud, I truly hope it works out given that I moved the MOC membership meeting to accomodate this. In fact, I will go so far as to say that if the pavilion isn't rented and the restrooms aren't available I am going to be extremely pissed off after moving that meeting to accomodate a poorly planned picnic.

G

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
In fact, I will go so far as to say that if the pavilion isn't rented and the restrooms aren't available I am going to be extremely pissed off after moving that meeting to accomodate a poorly planned picnic.
OMG look out!!!

I wonder if Jeff Sayers, the president of Michigan Open Carry, is going to be as pissed as when the Eastpointe police dragged him off his own front porch for open carrying.

I wonder if Jeff Sayers, the president of Michigan Open Carry, is going to do the same thing about Mikestilly's poorly planned picnic as he did about the assault and battery he received from the police?

And what was it Jeff Sayers, the president of Michigan Open Carry, did about that?

Nothing!!! Not a thing at all. Except to whine in private about it to a few semi-supporters.

Lead on oh mighty one. Lead on.

And watch out Mikestilly. He just might get extremely pissed off.