• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Luger Holster

Rick H

Awesome, we got a willing martyr and legal council to go with him. I'll keep up on this effort :D
Making my own similar concept, but not gun shaped. I'll see how it goes, and be happy to join with others in Broward on empty-holster activities with my other OWB or holstered gun in my new one I'm making (once I empty-carry test it a few times at target/starbucks/publix a few times).
Joking with you Rick, I want to see this happen. I really do appreciate your willingness to jump in as the first to risk your neck for us. once we see what kind of attention we get I'll be looking to join/set up 'open' concealed carry BBQ's, litter/beach/park cleanups, etc.
Someone start e-mailing me:
chrism8608@yahoo.com
If you live in Broward/Palm Beach/Miami-Dade, or Citrus/Marion

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
(3) Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

The most they can give me is;
(b) For a misdemeanor of the second degree, by a definite term of imprisonment not exceeding 60 days.
And I still will have my CWP

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
(3) Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

The most they can give me is;
(b) For a misdemeanor of the second degree, by a definite term of imprisonment not exceeding 60 days.
And I still will have my CWP

WOW I didn't realize open-carry only carried a 60 jail-time maximum...
I'm suprised we haven't had enough "passive resistence" types to just flood the jails and courtrooms until they realized they couldn't afford to enforce the law and drop it
HAHAHA

Every other bloody 'crime' you see has "5-year minimum sentences" "20-life sentences," I didn't realize there even were still crimes you could get less a year for...

Well, Jojo round here is volunteering to represent you, and Gutmacher said it fulfills the legal requirements for concealment. Worst case, really, is you would get arrested, pay bail, then beat it in court, having only lost laywer fees/court costs and two or three days, then file wrongful arrest suit, make up your loss, and be right back where you started, having proven to the police department and state that they can't prosecute us for doing this.

I think this just might be one of best opportunities right now. I'm gonna empty-hoslter my version for a few days around citrus/marion and broward. Let you know how it goes, keep us updated.

Last edited:

Terminal Velocity

If I had a Luger holster, I'd do it here in JAX, but I would need a Medic on stand by since JSO shoots first then ask who the perp was.

I need a wrongful arrest suite... My tuition for med school is getting too high :lol:

Rick H

WOW I didn't realize open-carry only carried a 60 jail-time maximum...
I'm suprised we haven't had enough "passive resistence" types to just flood the jails and courtrooms until they realized they couldn't afford to enforce the law and drop it
HAHAHA

Every other bloody 'crime' you see has "5-year minimum sentences" "20-life sentences," I didn't realize there even were still crimes you could get less a year for...

Well, Jojo round here is volunteering to represent you, and Gutmacher said it fulfills the legal requirements for concealment. Worst case, really, is you would get arrested, pay bail, then beat it in court, having only lost laywer fees/court costs and two or three days, then file wrongful arrest suit, make up your loss, and be right back where you started, having proven to the police department and state that they can't prosecute us for doing this.

I think this just might be one of best opportunities right now. I'm gonna empty-hoslter my version for a few days around citrus/marion and broward. Let you know how it goes, keep us updated.

I most definitely will fine sir. also i will be bringing the Fl. Statues with myself while carrying as to show the Mislead Officers that they are wrong and that when said and done I will be bringing a lawsuit against them and their fine Department for false arrest and unjust breach of my fine civil liberties

Last edited:

77zach

I most definitely will fine sir. also i will be bringing the Fl. Statues with myself while carrying as to show the Mislead Officers that they are wrong and that when said and done I will be bringing a lawsuit against them and their fine Department for false arrest and unjust breach of my fine civil liberties

Bravo.

Since it will be on your hip and gun shaped you will get stopped, but I don't think they'll bring you to jail. Bring the statutes. Today at work, I'm going to browse for a luger holster. My artistic/leather making skills are somewhat lacking so I'll just buy one I know to be a little too big so my XD will fit in it. Keep us updated. This could be huge if we can get large meet-ups.

Nothing changes in the Senate next year, so if want to even have a chance we need massive support for OC/lots of people joining Florida Carry, etc.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Why doesn't this work? Why get these fancy luger holster?

a2079291249c74dbe5b444_m.JPG

Or why not a serpa holster with a rag covering the handle....Don't we want obvious open carry with no gun showing?

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran

Or why not a serpa holster with a rag covering the handle....Don't we want obvious open carry with no gun showing?

Are those holsters? They sorta look like knife sheaths.

If they're holsters, please provide link. I'm looking for a covered holster that is model specific. I don't want a bag, a pack or a rag covering a Serpa. What I want is preferably a leather or Kydex holster that completely covers the gun and the oh so scary handle. I don't want to cause a sudden upswing in the extremely limited mental institutions in Florida (there really should be a whole lot more) due to handlephobia.

I think this is why people immedietely jump to the Luger's holster, it fits the bill...just not the gun.

Anywho, I found this if you want a cheap, all leather Luger Holster copy. http://www.a2armory.com/p08-holster.html

You want the original...go to Ebay but expect to pay.

77zach

Yeah, the point is that everyone needs to know you have a firearm, though it's concealed. Now if we could just convince Florida Carry this is worthwhile and effective at educating the sheeple and organize a huge litter pick up or something.

~*'Phoenix'*~

I'm all for it. The legal advice I got confirms this is legal per the statutory definition. You'll get stopped, but you'll beat any charges in court. It could force some departmental-retraining, and show Florida that "Open" (concealed) carry isnt' all scary-evil-right-wing-gun-nut-bat-**it-crazy, in advance for next year's Open Carry legislature...
This works, and gets the support of the 1000's of pro-open carry supporters in the state, we can argue to the senate next year :
"Look, though this will reword the statutes, the only effect it will have in practice throughout the state is that holsters with 3 inches less leather, and modern kydex holsters, will be legalized, nothing more."
:banana::banana::banana:
Edit: besides, I like leatherworking, so this going big-time throughout the state might get me some commissions :D

LOL, will this turn out to be Florida's controversial 'open carry'?
California's got Unloaded Open Carry (UOC)
Florida's got Concealed 'Open Carry' (ha, look at that acronym...)

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

That basically does work, as long as the gun fits and fully covered by the cloth; that's fine if it's what you prefer. I think we're just leanin' luger cause it's old-school classy and shouts "look it's a holster!"

Rick H

I sometimes walk around without my shirt on, I drape my t-shirt over my gun and have never had a problem that is why i am convinced this type of holster will work.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Walking around by yourself or in small groups downtown with a luger holster will cause a negative backlash because you are using a loophole that someone will try to close when you do it.

Fishing however is a clearly defined activity where open carry is legal and encouraged.
How many of you have attended one of our monthly open carry fishing events?
http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Open-Carry/

There will also be events soon in more FL cities.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
We could do a trial run. Have about 100 of us show up with Luger Holsters, but with squirt guns!

I'm glad I can now keep my mouth shut and see other people put for the same ideas I'm having. Finally, I am not alone in the FL forum...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
might inspire someone to make legislation to make such printing illegal.

Open Carrying where it is legal to do so might inspire someone to make a law banning OC.

Where have we heard this argument before?

A Right unexercised is a Right Lost.

If it does come to pass as such, it will only show how few politicians in this state respect the Bill of Rights. I agree, we have a real reason to fear this happening. But all the *****-footing around isn't helping us, either. The Smokescreen approach didn't help either. Now, we don't even know who our certain enemies are who need to be thrown out of office.

Being afraid of what might happen isn't helping. I knew it wouldn't from the beginning. It's a lesson history has taught since there has been such a thing as recorded history. Learn it, or fail. That boot on your neck isn't going to get any more comfortable or willing to remove itself. Begging and hoping won't help, because it never has before.

77zach

Walking around by yourself or in small groups downtown with a luger holster will cause a negative backlash because you are using a loophole that someone will try to close when you do it.

Fishing however is a clearly defined activity where open carry is legal and encouraged.

I agree.

BUT, if a decent number of us do it while performing community service, I think it will be effective. Trash pickup, specifically.

~*'Phoenix'*~

I'd love to join one, but there haven't been any within 2 hours drive of me. If I go fishing, though, I'll be carrying.
As anti-OC/gun rights as the senate is, I'm convinced the house of representatives (who shoved pro-full-OC 517 along without a moment's hesitation), and even a slight majority of the senate would not take part in making an effort to illegalize printing/etc. They've already got a bad rap from crippling sb234, and are strung up on high gun-rights expectations by the rest of the pro-gun state. If ever there was a time to do this, knowing we won't get any anti-printing legislation, it's now.
The current house will never pass an anti-gun law. And hopefully we'll have full OC legalized within a year of the freshly-replaced senate, so won't have to worry about it if the house shifts slightly thereafter.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Open Carrying where it is legal to do so might inspire someone to make a law banning OC.

Where have we heard this argument before?

A Right unexercised is a Right Lost.

If it does come to pass as such, it will only show how few politicians in this state respect the Bill of Rights. I agree, we have a real reason to fear this happening. But all the *****-footing around isn't helping us, either. The Smokescreen approach didn't help either. Now, we don't even know who our certain enemies are who need to be thrown out of office.

Being afraid of what might happen isn't helping. I knew it wouldn't from the beginning. It's a lesson history has taught since there has been such a thing as recorded history. Learn it, or fail. That boot on your neck isn't going to get any more comfortable or willing to remove itself. Begging and hoping won't help, because it never has before.

I agree with you here bud. I'm specifically interested in this because it IS pushing our rights, so as to go with the more effective counter-logic of "use it or lose it."
I only mean that someone probably will try an anti-printing or anti-holster bill if we take this up seriously. I don't believe it would have any chance of passing though. If ever there was a time to risk it, it's now; the house would never pass such crappy legislation.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
My point is that I don't see the reason to fear them exposing themselves and their true motives. That is exactly what needs to be done.

I'm all for the exposed holster with entirely concealed squirt gun. It brings the 4th amendment out in the open. And we'll have the same type of illegal search/detainment attitude being exposed in the LEOs.

Doing it draws out the bad guys. They cannot hide behind smoke and mirrors if we don't give them any smoke and mirrors. They have to come right out and identify themselves if they are to impose their anti-freedom will upon us.

You don't need ID, permit, etc., to carry a squirt gun, or nothing, in a holster nobody can see inside of. this is better than the empty holster idea. It shows how NOT KNOWING is dishonest but perfectly legal, and Open Carry is better than Concealed by proxy of integrity.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
I agree.

BUT, if a decent number of us do it while performing community service, I think it will be effective. Trash pickup, specifically.

That's what they though in California too... It didn't help. The only legislation they have spawned there is anti.

I talk to these legislators EVERY DAY. I am telling you that the enclosed obvious holster thing will backfire.

Stick with fishing, those events brought us from a few guys standing on a pier with me in July to almost passing an OC bill nine months later. That's more progress made in nine months than in the proceeding 24 years.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
That's what they though in California too... It didn't help. The only legislation they have spawned there is anti.

I talk to these legislators EVERY DAY. I am telling you that the enclosed obvious holster thing will backfire.

Stick with fishing, those events brought us from a few guys standing on a pier with me in July to almost passing an OC bill nine months later. That's more progress made in nine months than in the proceeding 24 years.

I see your point.

I already do empty holster and mag carry.

Which one starts more everyday conversations?

When a bunch of guys plan one special day to show up on a pier and pat each other on the back, I think it does less to expose OC to the masses. I'm not saying it is ineffective. It clear is effective, and you're right.

But your way isn't the only way.

If Floriduh is a California, then we need to yank that out in the open in stead of tip-toeing around pretending and hoping that it isn't.