• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Luger Holster

77zach

That's what they though in California too... It didn't help. The only legislation they have spawned there is anti.

I talk to these legislators EVERY DAY. I am telling you that the enclosed obvious holster thing will backfire.

Stick with fishing, those events brought us from a few guys standing on a pier with me in July to almost passing an OC bill nine months later. That's more progress made in nine months than in the proceeding 24 years.

Alright. I just want to do something. I don't want to wait 6 years for this to happen. I just feel the need to do something about this tyranny now.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I see your point.

I already do empty holster and mag carry.

Do you ever run into problems open carrying a loaded magazine? I do it once in a while, gets some funny looks but so far no one has mentioned it. As far as I know there is nothing illegal about that, right?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Alright. I just want to do something. I don't want to wait 6 years for this to happen. I just feel the need to do something about this tyranny now.

There is going to be LOTS to do. More to follow about that starting next week. Florida Carry is working out a detailed game plan.

Rick H

That's what they though in California too... It didn't help. The only legislation they have spawned there is anti.

I talk to these legislators EVERY DAY. I am telling you that the enclosed obvious holster thing will backfire.

Stick with fishing, those events brought us from a few guys standing on a pier with me in July to almost passing an OC bill nine months later. That's more progress made in nine months than in the proceeding 24 years.

If we stand back and look at the past, What really worked?
1. Sitting at the back of the bus. Yes it did and back then who would of ever thought.
2. Protest did for MLK. Look what it did for the Black and other minorities.
3. Protest did for womens lib. They were not allowed to vote per the United States Constitution.

Sitting on the dock of the bay is not doing nothing because there is not enough media nor publicity. and we have heard the statement in other types of protest that, "They are a small group of people making a statement. Something about being allowed to openly carry their guns don't bother with them they will just go away sooner or latter".

The statement needs to be more aggressive and with more than 2 or 3 people fishing.
We all need to get together and protest that we want our 4th amendment back in full not just what they want to give us.

But and I mean BUT, If we don't stand for it right now while it is a hot item and fresh, we will lose all the steam that is burning right NOW.
Look at Egypt, Libia, and other places around the world, they are doing it. They got their President to leave office and other such thing like that and they do NOT even have a Constitution. but I hear all the time that these countries are weak and we would stomp their butts. Ya right our countrymen wouldn't stand up for nothing especially our gun right. Because they have better things to do. This is what I see and so do the Anti's. Give them some time and they will go away for a while again.... Why quit now? what for? These little text messages, forum's, and silence is going to do nothing.
We need to be HEARD VERY LOUD or just forget about it and take it like the sheeple they want us to be.
One or 10 people, like I said before is going to do NOTHING. It is going to take EVERYBODY.
Look at California they are going to lose because they are not doing enough except carrying around a useless piece of metal and that is it. No real protest, at least none that I have heard of. Just like us and they will LOSE BECAUSE OF IT PERIOD.
This is my outlook on the whole situation anyway

Last edited:

Rick H

Do you ever run into problems open carrying a loaded magazine? I do it once in a while, gets some funny looks but so far no one has mentioned it. As far as I know there is nothing illegal about that, right?

I always carry my loaded Mag's openly and when Cops question me about it, I tell them that it is NOT illegal and the reason why I do this is that my firearm is already restricted and if for some reason I would need more ammo in an emergency situation it would be much easier to access it when open carried as not to have to fumble with my shirt.
The life of my family and mine, is much more important to me than anybodies opinion or fears. = Responses usually go I understand and don't object to your reasoning.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Rick H

When you get a few hounded thousand people together to protest for open carry in Florida I'll be there.

Until then, you should consider accepting advice from the people who are actively working on this, and making progress, every day.

Rick H

Already did that. The SB234 was in April and this release was.
"Last Updated: Saturday, January 08, 2011 12:27 PM" Almost 5 months apart from each other. POINT IS ???????

Is this the best that there is. Now if we go National with it and see what happens!
Most likely it will end up at the minimum in the history books at school's as one of the Other greatest constitutional event's ever to happen, and possibly even make Constitutional Carry that much easier. The above post from history didn't even have a chance in hell ever making it. BUT DID. Because it was NOT in the Constitution and they fought for it. "Most people could hardly even read or write back then let along text or E-mail".
And this is our right that never should have been taken away in the first place we want it back. They fought for it and we are NOT. That is a fact unless this is what you call a fight.
Somewhere you posted that you talk to the Legislators about this open/concealed carry and they/you say this will blow up in our faces. They are the same PEOPLE that just rejected the way you suggest to go about it and for 24 years at that.
It has proved nothing except we will keep taking what they want to give us.
Never mind GOD BLESS AMERICA, I am now going to say GOD HELP AMERICANS.

Rick H

Rick H

When you get a few hounded thousand people together to protest for open carry in Florida I'll be there.

Until then, you should consider accepting advice from the people who are actively working on this, and making progress, every day.

Unfortunately it will never happen because, Some are trying to keep it simple and sweet therefore making it impossible to get them through the confusions that our being presented to them.
History speaks for it's self

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Already did that. The SB234 was in April and this release was.
"Last Updated: Saturday, January 08, 2011 12:27 PM" Almost 5 months apart from each other. POINT IS ???????

Is this the best that there is.

I didn't see you there or at any of the monthly events in any of the seven statewide locations. Are you going to pitch in and help or just keep typing on the internet about making history?

The fact is that open carry was just one solid vote short of passing in the Senate. The House was a lock. Not bad for a few months work but still not quite enough.

Rick H

I didn't see you there or at any of the monthly events in any of the seven statewide locations. Are you going to pitch in and help or just keep typing on the internet about making history?

The fact is that open carry was just one solid vote short of passing in the Senate. The House was a lock. Not bad for a few months work but still not quite enough.

No I have never been to any of the fishing event . Although A friend of mine and I headed for the event in Tampa last time and had a blow out on his truck and failed to make it. Unfortunately business is slow from winter and I am a poor S.O.B and can not afford a fishing license, but was willing to risk it with a food stamp card. My wife and son and I are on it, but it is in her name. Not sure if it will work for me as my name is not on it. But like I said I am willing to try anything at this point.

77zach

If that's what you think is effective, I'll try to come to the next one in Volusia county. I'm in central marion county and at $4/gallon it will be painful, but it has to be done. I'm now embarrassed to live in such a tyrannical state.

Also who were the Evil Eight.

brboyer

No I have never been to any of the fishing event . Although A friend of mine and I headed for the event in Tampa last time and had a blow out on his truck and failed to make it. Unfortunately business is slow from winter and I am a poor S.O.B and can not afford a fishing license, but was willing to risk it with a food stamp card. My wife and son and I are on it, but it is in her name. Not sure if it will work for me as my name is not on it. But like I said I am willing to try anything at this point.

The saltwater shoreline license is free at Walmart. That's all you need for our events.

Rick H

The saltwater shoreline license is free at Walmart. That's all you need for our events.

Git_r-Done, If its free it's for meeeeee. I'm In, when is the next meet i'll bring the????
me.......... LOOK for the bald guy ...LOL

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
If that's what you think is effective, I'll try to come to the next one in Volusia county. I'm in central marion county and at $4/gallon it will be painful, but it has to be done. I'm now embarrassed to live in such a tyrannical state.

Also who were the Evil Eight.

Just need a good fishing spot in Ocala or Gainesville. Get with me later to see how to setup a new event location.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Last edited:

77zach

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...-82.208419&spn=0.029642,0.055747&z=15&iwloc=A

Has a neat little floating pier next to the boat ramp. Roughly half-way between Gainesville and Ocala.

I also drive a VW TDI, so anyone who wants to carpool, I'm the cheapest ride for 3 + me.

Count me in. I'll be out of state the first half of July, but other than that anytime will be good. Between Alachua, Marion, Levy, Putnam, Citrus we should be able to get 50 people, If Volusia alone can get 100.

I'll drag my brother along too. He's only 18 but that's legal right?

Last edited: