• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Then shoot me... If I'm stealing your money by threat of force then shoot me...

WalkingWolf

I never asked anyone to pay more taxes, other then extremely large businesses that avoid taxes on purpose and recieve massive public subsidy.

also you do not pay 35% in taxes..... that rate is only assessed on all income over 250K. if you only paid 12K in federal taxes it is pretty reasonable to presume you're not making enough to trigger the 35% rate.

I did not say I paid 35% but clearly you are OK with others paying more than YOU up to 35% when you pay nothing.

EMNofSeattle

Are you that stupid? If there are punishments for a act that is clearly spelled out it is against the law. Next you will claim murder is not against the law, that there are only punishments. Go ahead do not file or lie on your forms to avoid paying taxes, write me a not when they catch up to you. And may I remind you encouraging breaking the law is against site rules.

He's on public assistance and has been doing this for years...

the IRS doesn't care if he doesn't pay, he doesn't make enough to make his tax evasion worth an hour of an IRS auditors time.

he then confuses the fact that he's simply not an enforcement priority with this idea he doesn't really have to pay....

EMNofSeattle

I did not say I paid 35% but clearly you are OK with others paying more than YOU up to 35% when you pay nothing.

wrong, again. I do pay into the system. if you want to give me a job above minimum wage I'll start paying more then a minimum wage earner....

I am in fact Ok with people who make more money paying more then me....

and if I made 250K and paid 50K a year in taxes as a result, I'd be ok with that too....

Freedom1Man

Are you that stupid? If there are punishments for a act that is clearly spelled out it is against the law. Next you will claim murder is not against the law, that there are only punishments. Go ahead do not file or lie on your forms to avoid paying taxes, write me a not when they catch up to you. And may I remind you encouraging breaking the law is against site rules.

You've not cited any liability.

You've only shown that IF you're required to do something and you don't do it then it's a crime.
You've not shown that you're required to do it.

The only one I can find required to make a return is found in Title 26 USC section 6020.

It's not you or I.

Unlawful display of a weapon is a gross misdemeanor.

Since you're displaying a weapon, by openly carrying, you're guilty of a gross misdemeanor. That is your argument.

I've not shown that open carry is unlawful.

You have a CPP/CWP/CCP/CPL so you can only carry concealed.... Your argument is the same.

WalkingWolf

the IRS doesn't care if he doesn't pay, he doesn't make enough to make his tax evasion worth an hour of an IRS auditors time.

he then confuses the fact that he's simply not an enforcement priority with this idea he doesn't really have to pay....

I am not sure what his problem is, but title 26 passed by congress is tax law/codes. He not the only one to claim there are no laws but they are clearly there, it just takes time to find each specific one. But they are there and anyone who doubts it and hides a considerable sum will eventually be found. IRS does not tend to waste time with small amounts, for now.

If congress passes a code, it is law, I believe most federal laws are contained in codes instead of calling them statutes. As most states do.

Freedom1Man

You're guilty of Liable.

WalkingWolf

You're guilty of Liable.

By what law, please cite? As far as I know it is only liable if it is not true, he uses your real name, and you suffer damages. I don't think after your silly statement about tax codes not being laws your credibility suffered any damages.

Freedom1Man

I am not sure what his problem is, but title 26 passed by congress is tax law/codes. He not the only one to claim there are no laws but they are clearly there, it just takes time to find each specific one. But they are there and anyone who doubts it and hides a considerable sum will eventually be found. IRS does not tend to waste time with small amounts, for now.

If congress passes a code, it is law, I believe most federal laws are contained in codes instead of calling them statutes. As most states do.

IF there is a liability in the law then cite it!

I have argued repeatedly that the income tax law as written is perfectly constitutional.

I have studied the law in depth.

I have shown you the only income tax liable found in the whole of the law. You've don't nothing to contest that nor provide proof that I am incorrect.

You still have not cited any law, code, statute, etc showing how the average citizen is the subject of the federal "income tax" you've not even proven that the average citizen has "income" much less "taxable income".

USC (United States Code) aka federal law and it regulations aka the Code of Federal Regulations are the laws or what ever name you have for them.

WalkingWolf

IF there is a liability in the law then cite it!

I have argued repeatedly that the income tax law as written is perfectly constitutional.

I have studied the law in depth.

I have shown you the only income tax liable found in the whole of the law. You've don't nothing to contest that nor provide proof that I am incorrect.

You still have not cited any law, code, statute, etc showing how the average citizen is the subject of the federal "income tax" you've not even proven that the average citizen has "income" much less "taxable income".

USC (United States Code) aka federal law and it regulations aka the Code of Federal Regulations are the laws or what ever name you have for them.

Then cite the liable law you claimed that another member was guilty of. You are full of it. Not only have you done nothing to prove you are correct, you responded ignorantly when the cite was provided you. I honestly believe EMN because there is something up with you.

JustaShooter

The federal tax laws are contained in the Internal Revenue Code, which was passed by the United States Congress. The Internal Revenue Code is also known as Title 26 of the United States Code, which is the compilation of all the laws passed by Congress.

The Internal Revenue Code is the law that requires people to pay taxes.

First, who is required to pay taxes?
26 U.S.C. § 1
(a) Married individuals filing joint returns and surviving spouses
There is hereby imposed on the taxable income of—
(1) every married individual (as defined in section 7703) who makes a single return jointly with his spouse under section 6013, and
(2) every surviving spouse (as defined in section 2 (a)),
a tax determined in accordance with the following table:
And it continues with Heads of Household and Singles.

Taxable income is defined in 26 USC § 61 through 26 USC § 63

The requirement to file a return is in 26 USC § 6012.

The requirement to pay the tax is in 26 U.S.C. § 6151

And finally, when you are required to file is in 26 U.S.C. § 6072

http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/Personal/taxes/JustNoLaw.htm

Freedom1Man

By what law, please cite? As far as I know it is only liable if it is not true, he uses your real name, and you suffer damages. I don't think after your silly statement about tax codes not being laws your credibility suffered any damages.

Defamation of Character (liable) is the statement of untrue statements presented as facts in such a way to harm the credibility/reputation of another.
He had no knowledge of my pass or current situation.

You're not much better crediting arguments to me that I have not used. I have never once claimed that the United State Code is not the law.

You've only cited the punishments not the requirements.

In order for there to be a punishment for failure to do something there have to be requirement to do it. You've not cited the requirement to do anything I, on the other hand, have cited requirements. You've not. The requirements I have cited have limited effect.

WalkingWolf

The federal tax laws are contained in the Internal Revenue Code, which was passed by the United States Congress. The Internal Revenue Code is also known as Title 26 of the United States Code, which is the compilation of all the laws passed by Congress.

26 U.S.C. § 1

Thanks for looking them up, but I don't believe he was unaware of their existence. The one I provided was enough and I have my doubt he will acknowledge your effort.

WalkingWolf

Defamation of Character (liable) is the statement of untrue statements presented as facts in such a way to harm the credibility/reputation of another.
He had no knowledge of my pass or current situation.

You're not much better crediting arguments to me that I have not used. I have never once claimed that the United State Code is not the law.

You've only cited the punishments not the requirements.

In order for there to be a punishment for failure to do something there have to be requirement to do it. You've not cited the requirement to do anything I, on the other hand, have cited requirements. You've not. The requirements I have cited have limited effect.

That is not a cite, where is the liable law cite, not what you think it is. So far your thinking is very inadequate.

Freedom1Man

26 U.S.C. § 1

That's nice, gross income is only defined in the 1939 copy of the Title 26 USC section 22.

Show where "gross income" much less "income" is defined anywhere in the current edition.

Section 1 is tax imposed.
Where does it make them liable for paying it? I don't see it anywhere in section 1.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Where is the liable cite, or did you just make it up?

JAS I told you so, he completely ignored your cite, and posted more garbage.

Last edited:

JustaShooter

That's nice, gross income is only defined in the 1939 copy of the Title 26 USC section 22.

Show where "gross income" much less "income" is defined anywhere in the current edition.

Section 1 is tax imposed.
Where does it make them liable for paying it? I don't see it anywhere in section 1.

You apparently have poor reading comprehension:

Gross income defined:
26 USC § 61
26 USC § 61 - Gross income defined

(a) General definition
Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, gross income means all income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) the following items:
(1) Compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items;
(2) Gross income derived from business;
(3) Gains derived from dealings in property;
(4) Interest;
(5) Rents;
(6) Royalties;
(7) Dividends;
(8) Alimony and separate maintenance payments;
(9) Annuities;
(10) Income from life insurance and endowment contracts;
(11) Pensions;
(12) Income from discharge of indebtedness;
(13) Distributive share of partnership gross income;
(14) Income in respect of a decedent; and
(15) Income from an interest in an estate or trust.
(b) Cross references
For items specifically included in gross income, see part II (sec. 71 and following). For items specifically excluded from gross income, see part III (sec. 101 and following).

Requirement to pay the tax:
26 USC § 6151
26 USC § 6151 - Time and place for paying tax shown on returns

(a) General rule
Except as otherwise provided in this subchapter, when a return of tax is required under this title or regulations, the person required to make such return shall, without assessment or notice and demand from the Secretary, pay such tax to the internal revenue officer with whom the return is filed, and shall pay such tax at the time and place fixed for filing the return (determined without regard to any extension of time for filing the return).

Freedom1Man

Thanks for looking them up, but I don't believe he was unaware of their existence. The one I provided was enough and I have my doubt he will acknowledge your effort.
Section 61
Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, gross income means all income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) the following items:

Looks like it's time for reading comprehension.
Rents are not income they are a SOURCE of income clearly shown in your own source.

The source cannot be the object. I derive water from a facet. The source of water is a well.

JustaShooter

I've been there, done that with a relative so finding it again wasn't hard, but you are right, not much chance of actually getting him to read, and if read, to understand.

JustaShooter

Section 61

Looks like it's time for reading comprehension.
Rents are not income they are a SOURCE of income clearly shown in your own source.

The source cannot be the object. I derive water from a facet. The source of water is a well.

You are incorrect. Rents are the income from a rental property.