• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Then shoot me... If I'm stealing your money by threat of force then shoot me...

Freedom1Man

You apparently have poor reading comprehension:

Gross income defined:
26 USC § 61

Requirement to pay the tax:
26 USC § 6151

For there to be a requirement there has to first be a liability.

Cite the liability. The only liability found for the Income Tax is found in section 1461 of the IRC.

§1461. Liability for withheld tax

Every person required to deduct and withhold any tax under this chapter is hereby made liable for such tax and is hereby indemnified against the claims and demands of any person for the amount of any payments made in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

section 22 IRC 1936
SEC. 22. GROSS INCOME.
(a)
GENERAL DEFINITION
.—"Gross income" includes gains, profits,and income derived from salaries, wages, or compensation for personal service, of whatever kind and in whatever form paid, or from professions, vocations, trades, businesses, commerce, or sales, or dealings in property, whether real or personal, growing out of the ownership or use of or interest in such property; also from interest, rent,dividends, securities, or the transaction of any business carried on for gain or profit, or gains or profits and income derived from any source whatever. In the case of Presidents of the United States and judges of courts of the United States taking office after June 6, 1932, the compensation received as such shall be included in gross income; and all Acts fixing the compensation of such Presidents and judges are hereby amended accordingly.

eye95

People generally who are for paying taxes, are not paying any. Same reason I have found that some of the most vocal anti gun are felons.

Almost everyone, those who pay taxes and those who don't, are FOR taxes. Most of us who pay taxes are just not for the excessive taxes we pay today. I want to see the federal government cut back to the original intent, that would reduce the need for federal taxes to a tiny fraction of what they get now. Social programs can be taken over by the State and local governments. Those States with overly generous programs will chase away the productive and attract the leeches. That will cause them to fail. States with minimal safety nets (face reality; they ain't goin' away) will thrive. Folks can vote with their feet for high taxes or low services.

I am FOR taxes. Reasonable taxes. Taxes today are grossly unreasonable.

BTW, one of the reasons I moved was to get away from 10% sales taxes, including on food. I voted with my feet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

WalkingWolf

The owner of the site is nutcase attempting to encourage breaking the law. Not surprised that is your only cite so far.:lol:
http://www.etaxes.com/tax_scams.html

Larry Becraft (fly.hiwaay.net/~becraft/)

Larry Becraft is a practicing Alabama attorney. According to Becraft's site, virtually everything is a government conspiracy and the government is the cause of all our ills. His claim to fame is successfully defending Lloyd Long against federal criminal tax charges in a case heard in Tennessee. However, Mr. Becraft conveniently fails to tell you the entire story. Once again, we turn to

The Lloyd Long case is one of the great "victories" of tax protesters, meaning that it is absolutely meaningless. Mr. Long was prosecuted for criminal failure to file and was acquitted by a jury, which apparently had a reasonable doubt about whether he had "willfully" failed to file. His acquittal does not "prove" that you are not required to file income tax returns, any more than the acquittal of O.J. Simpson "proves" that it is legal to kill your ex-wife.

Mr. Becraft has been sanctioned by the courts for making frivolous arguments "Much of Becraft's reply is also devoted to a discussion of the limitations of federal jurisdiction to United States territories and the District of Columbia and thus the inapplicability of the federal income tax laws to a resident of one of the states...this claim also has no semblance of merit." In re Lowell H. Becraft (United States v. Nelson), 885 F.2d 547 (9th Cir. 1989), (Mr. Becraft, attorney for Mr. Nelson, was fined $2,500 for filing a petition that the court found to be so lacking in merit as to be "frivolous").

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

JustaShooter

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Where is the liable cite, or did you just make it up?

JAS I told you so, he completely ignored your cite, and posted more garbage.

Section 1461 of the IRC, I've linked it too many times already. I just did it one last time.

Now show me where you find wording like for the income tax anywhere else.
§1461. Liability for withheld tax

Every person required to deduct and withhold any tax under this chapter is hereby made liable for such tax and is hereby indemnified against the claims and demands of any person for the amount of any payments made in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

JustaShooter

Section 1461 of the IRC, I've linked it too many times already. I just did it one last time.

Now show me where you find wording like for the income tax anywhere else.

There's that reading comprehension problem again. I do hate repeating myself, but just this once:
The federal tax laws are contained in the Internal Revenue Code, which was passed by the United States Congress. The Internal Revenue Code is also known as Title 26 of the United States Code, which is the compilation of all the laws passed by Congress.

The Internal Revenue Code is the law that requires people to pay taxes.

First, who is required to pay taxes?
26 U.S.C. § 1
(a) Married individuals filing joint returns and surviving spouses
There is hereby imposed on the taxable income of—
(1) every married individual (as defined in section 7703) who makes a single return jointly with his spouse under section 6013, and
(2) every surviving spouse (as defined in section 2 (a)),
a tax determined in accordance with the following table:
And it continues with Heads of Household and Singles.

Taxable income is defined in 26 USC § 61 through 26 USC § 63

The requirement to file a return is in 26 USC § 6012.

The requirement to pay the tax is in 26 U.S.C. § 6151

And finally, when you are required to file is in 26 U.S.C. § 6072

http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/Personal/taxes/JustNoLaw.htm

eye95

Where is the cite that backs up your claim that EMN is guilty of liable? It is clear you made it up.

First of all, the word is "libel." It is driving me nuts that the Internet Tax Lawyer tries to sound smart and says that another is "guilty of liable," but then everyone else has to pick up on it! :banghead:

Second, why are you engaging this guy. Everyone knows he is full of **** with his tax stuff. Call him out once or twice and move on. Y'all are just helping him repeat his bilge, possibly suckering some newbie into not paying his taxes and going to jail. Let him have the last word. It won't make him look any more right. Keeping the convo going on and on and on and on and on and on and on does.

JMO. Carry on as you wish.

<o>

WalkingWolf

First of all, the word is "libel." It is driving me nuts that the Internet Tax Lawyer tries to sound smart and says that another is "guilty of liable," but then everyone else has to pick up on it! :banghead:

Second, why are you engaging this guy. Everyone knows he is full of **** with his tax stuff. Call him out once or twice and move on. Y'all are just helping him repeat his bilge, possibly suckering some newbie into not paying his taxes and going to jail. Let him have the last word. It won't make him look any more right. Keeping the convo going on and on and on and on and on and on and on does.

JMO. Carry on as you wish.

<o>
Yup I didn't pick up on the wrong spelling, thanks. But it is impossible to be guilty without a trial, so I will let somebody else argue with him. Hopefully nobody takes his advice.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
BTW, one of the reasons I moved was to get away from 10% sales taxes, including on food. I voted with my feet.

Whoopty-do.

And you brought your aggressive prohibitionist demands with you, to inflict upon your new neighbors who may have been born in the neighborhood to which you only just moved.

And what if your new neighbors had been trying to eliminate even those lower taxes over which you are so enamored?

Bravo for eye95's notion of freedom!

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

The issue is simply this. Stop paying the taxes, the fees, stop paying for a license. Get your yourself away from the tax bull ****.

The courts and jails will be over booked with all the protest from the non payers, what will they do? Condemn us all to life in prison? I don't think so.

1- Cancel your w4 with your employer. Pay your own tax liability.
2- Cancel your Social security number, and become a name not a NUMBER.
3- Start driving with a drivers license unless you drive for a commercial entity. Therefore the license is required.
4- Carry your unregistered weapon upon yourself at all times, whether it is registered or not registered, the criminal trying to hurt you or your family will still be a criminal however he will be a dead criminal.. ( No license should be needed to protect ourselves and or our family's from criminals intent on hurting us.) BS on the laws, protect yourself and your love ones.

5- cancel your SSN do not pay into a system that will never pay you back.
6- Stop paying income tax. ( They cannot build big enough jails to hold everyone) that is not paying.
7- Study Common Law and apply common law to your everday quasi laws. Common law trumps quasi tax laws and drivers license laws along with permits for BS and or fees for non compliance etc..

Learn to understand authority, and the only authority in this country is the US Constitution.
All the statutes, and county ordinances are simply taxes that help feed the local tyrants and keep them in business.
Their is only one court of law and that is the court of common law and constitutional law. all others are bogus and have NO authority unless given authority from both party's.

Their are three laws of the land.

1 Natural Law
2- Common Law
3- Constitutional Law.

Argue your case in any three of the jurisdictions above and the outcome should be positive.

Stay away from Tax courts, traffic courts, courts that decide equity without jurors etc.

Best regards

my .02

CCJ

Last edited:

Primus

The issue is simply this. Stop paying the taxes, the fees, stop paying for a license. Get your yourself away from the tax bull ****.

The courts and jails will be over booked with all the protest from the non payers, what will they do? Condemn us all to life in prison? I don't think so.

1- Cancel your w4 with your employer. Pay your own tax liability.
2- Cancel your Social security number, and become a name not a NUMBER.
3- Start driving with a drivers license unless you drive for a commercial entity. Therefore the license is required.
4- Carry your unregistered weapon upon yourself at all times, whether it is registered or not registered, the criminal trying to hurt you or your family will still be a criminal however he will be a dead criminal.. ( No license should be needed to protect ourselves and or our family's from criminals intent on hurting us.) BS on the laws, protect yourself and your love ones.

5- cancel your SSN do not pay into a system that will never pay you back.
6- Stop paying income tax. ( They cannot build big enough jails to hold everyone) that is not paying.
7- Study Common Law and apply common law to your everday quasi laws. Common law trumps quasi tax laws and drivers license laws along with permits for BS and or fees for non compliance etc..

Learn to understand authority, and the only authority in this country is the US Constitution.
All the statutes, and county ordinances are simply taxes that help feed the local tyrants and keep them in business.
Their is only one court of law and that is the court of common law and constitutional law. all others are bogus and have NO authority unless given authority from both party's.

Their are three laws of the land.

1 Natural Law
2- Common Law
3- Constitutional Law.

Argue your case in any three of the jurisdictions above and the outcome should be positive.

Stay away from Tax courts, traffic courts, courts that decide equity without jurors etc.

Best regards

my .02

CCJ

Good luck with that... keep us posted.