• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver OC BBQ September 8th! Esther Short Park

acmariner99

Sorry, but i filled up...

I will have Squeak, Deros(ride with M1Gunr), my daughter, Bookman...

p.s. in the open top Jeep

Phooey -- anybody else have an open seat? I can take people from the east side if there are people still wanting to go.

Squeak

Sorry, but i filled up...

I will have Squeak, Deros(ride with M1Gunr), my daughter, Bookman...

p.s. in the open top Jeep

Oh, no! Is it legal to OC in a Jeep with an open top? I mean, if it's legal on a MC or a PU, is it O.K. in or on a Jeep? Should we have our CPL just in case? Just axin'!

Fibresteve

Is this a kid friendly event? I live in Woodland just north of Vancouver and would like to attend with my kids.

boosteddreams

Is this a kid friendly event? I live in Woodland just north of Vancouver and would like to attend with my kids.

Absolutely! We usually have kids at the bigger events, and even a few at the monthly get-togethers, so feel free to bring the whole family. :)

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
Open Carriers always welcome at my shop

I've been incredibly busy and I haven't stopped by here at OCDO for some time, so I barely caught this thread in time. Since you'll all be in town, if you have time, stop by my shop and check us out:

Southwest Washington Surplus
2700 NE Andresen Rd Suite G3
Vancouver WA 98661
http://swwsurplus.com
http://www.facebook.com/SouthWestWashingtonSurplus

Polite OC is always welcome. In fact, we hand out the Oregon and Washington informational pamphlets at the shop. We just got our Class III tax stamp a couple days ago, and we are about to start ordering surppressors for folks.

Cross-posted to our Facebook page, with about 1100 'fans'.

Last edited:

acmariner99

So ... nobody else has an open seat or wants a ride?? I'm willing to drive, just don't want to go by myself.

tombrewster421

Looks like I won't be making the trip this year. I will be going to J T Wilcox's salmon bake that evening though.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
FYI,

Looks like the local newspaper has some interest.

Nick and Jim,

I'm the reporter who will be working on Saturday, and I plan to stop by the picnic at noon (with a photographer.) I have your cell phones, so I will call one of you to talk to you for the story.

I'll add that only one reporter works on Saturday, so if there's breaking news I'll have to make that the priority. But otherwise I'll expect to speak to at least one of you tomorrow.

Thanks,
Stephanie Rice
735-4508

1245A Defender

Humph!!!

OOOH NOZZZ...
Ive been getting everything ready to go...
BUT I just checked my pass port,,, CRAP!!! It just expired!!! (27 years ago..)
Can I still cross A border to get into Vancourver?
Is my drivers license still valid there?
Will they honor my American money?
Will they understand the words that come out of my mouth when I try to talk to them?

This is very unstetteling for me,,, I feel insecure...

tannerwaterbury

OOOH NOZZZ...
Ive been getting everything ready to go...
BUT I just checked my pass port,,, CRAP!!! It just expired!!! (27 years ago..)
Can I still cross A border to get into Vancourver?
Is my drivers license still valid there?
Will they honor my American money?
Will they understand the words that come out of my mouth when I try to talk to them?

This is very unstetteling for me,,, I feel insecure...

Wait, you don't live in WA? I'm sure you'll bee accepted, since OC doesn't need a license.