• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virgil Goode? Are you KIDDING me?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
since there's mention of Romney in this Goode thread, i'll mention a side-note...

CNN & Fox are reporting that, according to campaign "inside" sources, Romney has tapped Paul Ryan as his VP candidate. official announcement to be at ~8:45am in Norfolk, VA.

Maybe we should send McDonnell a McDonalds application:lol:

twoskinsonemanns

+1

Mitt Romney may be better than Barak Obama, but that doesn't mean we have to vote for him. His stance on guns is not genuine. He screwed Utah gun owners when he ran the Olympics. What makes you think he would not do the same at the national level?

Gary Johnson is a no holds barred pro gun candidate. He has my vote as well.

Right there with ya.

Funny when talking to people issue for issue the people I have spoken with agree with Johnson on most issues. The answer is usually the same though "I can't vote for a third party because he can't win". If everyone who thought that actually voted for the guy they would rather seen in office instead of who their favorite news channel told them to he probably would win.

TFred

Right there with ya.

Funny when talking to people issue for issue the people I have spoken with agree with Johnson on most issues. The answer is usually the same though "I can't vote for a third party because he can't win". If everyone who thought that actually voted for the guy they would rather seen in office instead of who their favorite news channel told them to he probably would win.
Sadly, no, that is not the case, and here is why:

Elections are decided by "the muddle in the middle". Have been for decades, if not forever. Unfortunately what that actually means is that those who are the least qualified to determine the outcome are the ones who actually do. (Least qualified, in that given the stark contrast in ideologies and platform positions between the two major candidates, these folks are "undecided". C'mon are you kidding me!?)

The simple fact is that in order to win a national election, you have to engage and persuade the majority of folks who sit on the fence to a) care and b) care enough about YOUR position to vote for YOU.

No matter who is running, if you can't win the muddle in the middle, you are going to lose.

This is real life folks. Anything else (yes, even Virgil Goode) is just pretend. The very survival of our country as it was founded depends on this election, so I would respectfully ask you to come out of the playroom and help us out here.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A vote for a 3rd party candidate doubles up in the plus column for the least desirable of the two major candidates.

One, the least objectionable loses your vote. That is a difference of one.

Then the vote of someone selecting the worst choice is not canceled out, resulting in a net difference of + or -2 depending on your perspective.

5,000 voters so choosing would yield a factor of 10,000 between 2 candidates - that could be very telling.

twoskinsonemanns

the stark contrast in ideologies and platform positions between the two major candidates
so I would respectfully ask you to come out of the playroom and help us out here.
TFred

Wow... Stark contrast? Do you mean the nearly meaningless, yet so shiny!, issues constantly discussed in order to keep people from realizing both parties are rampantly driving this country toward totalitarianism?

A vote for a 3rd party .........

I don't vote for parties, I vote for people I want leading us.
It's really hard to believe the candidates offered up by the big two are as bad as they are. It's almost like an experiment to see how deep the people's ingrained party loyalty really goes.

The people caught in the machine are the ones throwing away their votes. Every year the government is bigger and bigger. The people are smaller and smaller.
I won't be "herded" any more.

Obamney.png

TFred

I don't vote for parties, I vote for people I want leading us.
Unfortunately, that sums up the error of your thinking. Whether you like it or not, we are governed by parties, not people. All major decisions are made with the predominant consideration being how it will affect the party, and their ability to retain or gain power. Voting for a candidate is like marrying your spouse. You get the whole family, whether you like it or not. That is why the NRA makes serious errors every time they endorse a Democrat, even if they are the most pro-gun candidate out there. They MUST support the party platforms, including judicial nominees that for some reason the NRA has chosen to not score. A vote for Goode does not change the way this system works.

Winning an ideological battle might feel good, but only until you realize that you have lost the ideological war, which is the certain result if enough people vote for Goode instead of Romney.

You can dress it up as much as you want, the outcome will still be the same: Obama will be free unleash four more years of sheer terror designed to destroy the very foundation upon which this country was built.

TFred

mpg9999

Wow... Stark contrast? Do you mean the nearly meaningless, yet so shiny!, issues constantly discussed in order to keep people from realizing both parties are rampantly driving this country toward totalitarianism?

I was thinking the same thing.

Obama_Paul_Romney.jpg

The upside to an Obama presidency is that the only time they seem at all concerned about spending is when the other party is in office. How many Republicans fought against the spending during the Bush years?

twoskinsonemanns

All major decisions are made with the predominant consideration being how it will affect the party, and their ability to retain or gain power.
TFred

Yes the exact system I won't support any more.
We need more people to stand up against it, not give in to the "oh well, it's horrific but I guess I'll go along with it since it seems so over powering"... Thank god our fore fathers didn't have that attitude.

twoskinsonemanns

The upside to an Obama presidency is that the only time they seem at all concerned about spending is when the other party is in office. How many Republicans fought against the spending during the Bush years?

Ha! Bingo.

I don't care what anyone says, the proof lies in the last 75 years financials. BOTH parties grow government, BOTH.
Do your own research. In the last 100 years our government budget vs our nations GPD has consistantly grown until it is now over 40% of our GDP!!! 40%!!!! of our entire GDP is spent by the government!!! The answer is really more of the same?
Better yet here's the graph.... Is this how you want our government to continue?

us_total_spending_20c.png

Last edited:

Thundar

You can dress it up as much as you want, the outcome will still be the same: Obama will be free unleash four more years of sheer terror designed to destroy the very foundation upon which this country was built.

TFred

But that is the reason we have a 2nd Ammendment TFred.

If we are to be free men we cannot be bound by the shackles of a two party system always admonished by those who thin they are wiser to pick the lesser of two evils. Free men vote their convictions for the best, not least evil, candidate.

If what you advocate is true TFred, then the Republic is already lost.

Live free or Die,
Thundar

riverrat10k

Both candidates are horrible.

BUT, with Romney, we will get a new group of appointees; unknowns.

With Obama, we get more Holder (racist and accessory to murder at a minimum), Van Jones (avowed commie), etc. etc.

I don't like the people around Obama AT ALL. No way to know if Romneys picks will be any better but I'm willing to take a chance they won't be any worse!

TFred

Both candidates are horrible.

BUT, with Romney, we will get a new group of appointees; unknowns.

With Obama, we get more Holder (racist and accessory to murder at a minimum), Van Jones (avowed commie), etc. etc.

I don't like the people around Obama AT ALL. No way to know if Romneys picks will be any better but I'm willing to take a chance they won't be any worse!
His pick for VP should be enough to show anyone that he's off to a good start in that department. Although I suppose the Goode supporters are probably angry about that for some reason or another...

TFred

twoskinsonemanns

TFred

Speaking of dressing it up this is nothing but fear mongering. Please site some actual examples of the "terror designed to destroy"....

The fact is the only thing of substance Obama did that the Rs claim to hate was health care. And surprise surprise Bush's boy Roberts, one of the most powerful men in America, had to jump sides temporarily to get it sealed in... What a shocker.

Your being played

Last edited: