• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virgil Goode? Are you KIDDING me?

twoskinsonemanns

If there is little difference between Romney and Obama, then what difference does it make who wins? The country will not change course. We vote third party not because it's likely they will win, but because it imposes sanctions on the party. They can't win without the independents. If Romney loses the election it sends a message to Republicans that they need to nominate someone who will appeal to more than those who vote based on the letter next to their name.

This is the real meat of it for me. In the GOP's attempt to attract moderate independents they have removed much of what distinguished the left from the right. Now they have put up a candidate that is hard to respect, and hard to contrast against the man who has been in that office for the last 3 years.

In my heart I truly believe more big government, big spending is going to cause a catastrophe. I also truly believe the big government, big spending, rights quenching policies that have been inflicted on our country in the last several terms will not change significantly if Obama or Romney is elected.

TFred

FWIW, I collected signatures to have Ron Paul put on the ballot in VA. As I'm sure you know, only Romney and Paul had enough signatures to make it on the ballot for the VA primary. I was also a district delegate for the Republican district convention.

If there is little difference between Romney and Obama, then what difference does it make who wins? The country will not change course. We vote third party not because it's likely they will win, but because it imposes sanctions on the party. They can't win without the independents. If Romney loses the election it sends a message to Republicans that they need to nominate someone who will appeal to more than those who vote based on the letter next to their name.
I understand that is the motive, but the strategy is flawed. Elections are won by "the muddle in the middle". Nothing you can do will ever change that. The fact is that if the Republicans were to heed your message, and pick candidates more to YOUR liking, the muddle in the middle would swing the other way.

In either outcome, you lose.

TFred

Repeater

FWIW, I collected signatures to have Ron Paul put on the ballot in VA. As I'm sure you know, only Romney and Paul had enough signatures to make it on the ballot for the VA primary. I was also a district delegate for the Republican district convention.

Goode can make a difference:

Virgil Goode: A complication for Romney in Virginia?