• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virgil Goode? Are you KIDDING me?

TFred

Speaking of dressing it up this is nothing but fear mongering. Please site some actual examples of the "terror designed to destroy"....

The fact is the only thing of substance Obama did that the Rs claim to hate was health care. And surprise surprise Bush's boy Roberts, one of the most powerful men in America, had to jump sides temporarily to get it sealed in... What a shocker.

Your being played
One of us certainly is.

The list only begins with health care. Obama has ignored Congress every day he has been in office, enacting new laws contrary to Congressional action via executive order, and appointing his czar buddies to newly created cabinet positions without even the slightest hint of a Senate approval. These actions have affected Americans lives at every turn.

It would take a mind far more evil and diabolical than my own to even begin to imagine what he might have in store should he win election and not have to worry about facing the voters in for more years.

I wish I could admit that I was exaggerating.

TFred

twoskinsonemanns

One of us certainly is.

The list only begins with health care. Obama has ignored Congress every day he has been in office, enacting new laws contrary to Congressional action via executive order, and appointing his czar buddies to newly created cabinet positions without even the slightest hint of a Senate approval. These actions have affected Americans lives at every turn.

It would take a mind far more evil and diabolical than my own to even begin to imagine what he might have in store should he win election and not have to worry about facing the voters in for more years.

I wish I could admit that I was exaggerating.

TFred

Yes much talk. Please give some specific "terror designed to destroy" America and how is has "affected American lives at every turn."

Also instead of ignoring my comments about Roberts, perhaps you can explain what happened. If the Rs are everything you say they are why wouldn't they block this bill they claim to hate? The answer they don't hate it, they love it as a new shackle on the leg of once free people. It "begrudgingly" got implemented despite the polarizing rhetoric people like you just drink up.

TFred

Yes much talk. Please give some specific "terror designed to destroy" America and how is has "affected American lives at every turn."

Also instead of ignoring my comments about Roberts, perhaps you can explain what happened. If the Rs are everything you say they are why wouldn't they block this bill they claim to hate? The answer they don't hate it, they love it as a new shackle on the leg of once free people. It "begrudgingly" got implemented despite the polarizing rhetoric people like you just drink up.
I don't have the time, or even care to look up the long list of illegal czars he's appointed, or to list the executive orders he has made to circumvent the will of the people and Congress.

Roberts ruling on Obamacare is another debate altogether. I don't agree with your reasons for his vote, and you wouldn't listen to or accept the reasons I believe he had for his vote, so what's the point.

Go ahead and vote for Goode-bama. We can only hope and pray that enough voters will be sensible enough to prevail anyway.

TFred

twoskinsonemanns

I don't have the time, or even care .....

I know it's frustrating. We've got all this pent up hostility, carefully cultivated by our news channel of choice, but nothing definable to stand on. It's all about fear. "Dear god, the other party is destroying our America! I can't point to anything specific but if we don't galvanize our party loyalty soon the other team is going to go blizo bananas on our asses any minute!" Of course nothing extreme happens. Both sides just calmly and quietly add a little more government control each time.

As long as we can keep people focused on the "terror of the other team", we can keep the scam going.

BTW I'll be voting for Johnson. He's the only guy that will be on the ticket in every state that believes in small government, and has proved it.

mpg9999

His pick for VP should be enough to show anyone that he's off to a good start in that department. Although I suppose the Goode supporters are probably angry about that for some reason or another...

TFred

We're supposed to be happy with a VP pick who wants to run a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit as opposed to Obama's 1.3 trillion dollars deficit? A guy who voted for TARP, for the patriot act, and a slew over other bad legislation?

twoskinsonemanns

We're supposed to be happy with a VP pick who wants to run a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit as opposed to Obama's 1.3 trillion dollars deficit? A guy who voted for TARP, for the patriot act, and a slew over other bad legislation?

People just can't seem to grasp the fact that our fiscal insanity is going to have consequences. REAL consequences.
Let's see Ryan wants to balance the budget in the next 30 years.... HA!
Even if it was feasible to dictate the government budget through the next 7 presidential elections that's 30 more years of debt accumulation.
That is what we want for our country? It's absurd.
When the crash happens I suspect it's going to be terrible. Retirements gone. Sky rocketing inflation and taxing through the roof. It's going to get nasty.

TFred

Yes, because the other guys can't win!

This is not rocket science folks. As much as we all might hate it, it is clearly a game of the lesser of two evils. If you don't play the game, even if you hate it, you lose.

Stop pretending like there is an option to win.

TFred

TFred

People just can't seem to grasp the fact that our fiscal insanity is going to have consequences. REAL consequences.
Let's see Ryan wants to balance the budget in the next 30 years.... HA!
Even if it was feasible to dictate the government budget through the next 7 presidential elections that's 30 more years of debt accumulation.
That is what we want for our country? It's absurd.
When the crash happens I suspect it's going to be terrible. Retirements gone. Sky rocketing inflation and taxing through the roof. It's going to get nasty.
And please, sir, tell me how a vote for a third party candidate who does not have a remote chance of winning will fix any of these issues? Voting for a third party candidate is as useless as putting up a "no guns" sign. Losing an election does nothing to fix the problems at hand.

If you are convinced that this is our future, buy gold and lots of MREs, bury it all somewhere safe, raise sons and daughters who can shoot straight, and pick your friends carefully.

TFred

mpg9999

Stop pretending like there is an option to win.

TFred

If you lose either way, why even vote? Evil is evil. The Republicans don't deserve to win. If you elect a Romney you'll get more Romneys in the future.

I'll be voting for Johnson as well.

twoskinsonemanns

And please, sir, tell me how a vote for a third party candidate who does not have a remote chance of winning will fix any of these issues? Voting for a third party candidate is as useless as putting up a "no guns" sign. Losing an election does nothing to fix the problems at hand.

If you are convinced that this is our future, buy gold and lots of MREs, bury it all somewhere safe, raise sons and daughters who can shoot straight, and pick your friends carefully.

TFred

Ah yes. I hate the game but the odds are too much to overcome. I'm sure glad the founders of this country didn't share that attitude.

As far as the future yeah I am convinced. I guess you believe there are no consequences for out of control spending and free-for-all cash printing? We can just keep on adding zeros to our debt and it won't affect the little people? Not like those acts of "sheer terror designed to destroy the very foundation upon which this country was built" that Obama has unleashed on us.

TFred

If you lose either way, why even vote? Evil is evil. The Republicans don't deserve to win. If you elect a Romney you'll get more Romneys in the future.

I'll be voting for Johnson as well.

Ah yes. I hate the game but the odds are too much to overcome. I'm sure glad the founders of this country didn't share that attitude.

As far as the future yeah I am convinced. I guess you believe there are no consequences for out of control spending and free-for-all cash printing? We can just keep on adding zeros to our debt and it won't affect the little people? Not like those acts of "sheer terror designed to destroy the very foundation upon which this country was built" that Obama has unleashed on us.
Did I say that? No I did not.

The only chance to bring about good change is to do so from within the system, and that can only be done from the winning side.

Nobody has yet shared with us how the guy who comes in third place by 40 points is going to fix anything.

You are voting against two people instead of the rest of us who are voting against one. Please, tell me how that fixes the problem any faster.

TFred

twoskinsonemanns

Did I say that? No I did not.

The only chance to bring about good change is to do so from within the system, and that can only be done from the winning side.

Nobody has yet shared with us how the guy who comes in third place by 40 points is going to fix anything.

You are voting against two people instead of the rest of us who are voting against one. Please, tell me how that fixes the problem any faster.

TFred

History has shown that our two party system gives us. I posted a graph showing a 100 years of that history. THAT IS the problem. The only fix is to change it.

stickslinger

Both candidates are horrible.

BUT, with Romney, we will get a new group of appointees; unknowns.

With Obama, we get more Holder (racist and accessory to murder at a minimum), Van Jones (avowed commie), etc. etc.

I don't like the people around Obama AT ALL. No way to know if Romneys picks will be any better but I'm willing to take a chance they won't be any worse!

Agree with the "not liking" folks around the current administration and the reasons why. That may well be the whole problem. No guarantee the next will be any better either and 2A rights may continue to be attacked. To quote Peter at one point in one of these conversations, at one time. At this point you have a couple of choices between either having crabs or the clap! Or something like that. I do apologize in advance if that offended anyone.:)

mpg9999

TFred

If the Republicans can nominate whomever they want and count on your vote regardless of their positions, what incentive do they have to nominate a real conservative? If you're in their hip pocket, prepare to be sat on.

TFred

If the Republicans can nominate whomever they want and count on your vote regardless of their positions, what incentive do they have to nominate a real conservative? If you're in their hip pocket, prepare to be sat on.
Infinitely more good can be done from the winner's hip pocket than can be done by guy who loses with 5% of the vote.

Still waiting to hear how the loser is going to get anything done.

TFred

twoskinsonemanns

Infinitely more good can be done from the winner's hip pocket than can be done by guy who loses with 5% of the vote.

TFred

I still trying to figure out how people can look themselves in the mirror after voting based on who will win and not on what is right.
Didn't your parents teach you that?

TFred

I still trying to figure out how people can look themselves in the mirror after voting based on who will win and not on what is right.
Didn't your parents teach you that?
Unfortunately we live in a real world with real problems. You have to have power to fix them.

My question still stands unanswered.

Here's a helpful hint for you: Let's look back at the 1992 election. Clinton 43%, Bush 37%, Perot 19%. Perot literally took the election from Bush, and handed it to Clinton.

Please name any significant and unique Perot platform issues that were accomplished after he lost the election.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

TFred

Unfortunately TFred, IMHO it is about some who would say that they are truer to their principles than we are - after all, they will vote for the best candidate whether he stands a chance of winning or not. The fact that their vote will go straight into the toilet is lost on them.

Do these people get involved in the local party caucus? Do they campaign to see that their candidate is placed on the ballot? Do they do everything possible to promote/secure the nomination and election of their representative? Most (all?) don't do any of these, but they bemoan the fact that the best candidate is either not on the ballot or stands 0% chance of winning and will vote for him anyway. All very illogical to me.

mpg9999

Unfortunately TFred, IMHO it is about some who would say that they are truer to their principles than we are - after all, they will vote for the best candidate whether he stands a chance of winning or not. The fact that their vote will go straight into the toilet is lost on them.

Do these people get involved in the local party caucus? Do they campaign to see that their candidate is placed on the ballot? Do they do everything possible to promote/secure the nomination and election of their representative? Most (all?) don't do any of these, but they bemoan the fact that the best candidate is either not on the ballot or stands 0% chance of winning and will vote for him anyway. All very illogical to me.

FWIW, I collected signatures to have Ron Paul put on the ballot in VA. As I'm sure you know, only Romney and Paul had enough signatures to make it on the ballot for the VA primary. I was also a district delegate for the Republican district convention.

If there is little difference between Romney and Obama, then what difference does it make who wins? The country will not change course. We vote third party not because it's likely they will win, but because it imposes sanctions on the party. They can't win without the independents. If Romney loses the election it sends a message to Republicans that they need to nominate someone who will appeal to more than those who vote based on the letter next to their name.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
FWIW, I collected signatures to have Ron Paul put on the ballot in VA. As I'm sure you know, only Romney and Paul had enough signatures to make it on the ballot for the VA primary. I was also a district delegate for the Republican district convention.

If there is little difference between Romney and Obama, then what difference does it make who wins? The country will not change course. We vote third party not because it's likely they will win, but because it imposes sanctions on the party. They can't win without the independents. If Romney loses the election it sends a message to Republicans that they need to nominate someone who will appeal to more than those who vote based on the letter next to their name.

I salute your efforts to get involved - unfortunately too few people do so. That and a low level of insight, knowledge of the candidate kept Ron Paul from gaining the minimum number of signatures to place him on the ballot.

Much of the blood, sweat, and tears of developing party planks is expended at the district convention level. That is where we can be much more effective than we have been in the past. Just a few people can have a major impact.