• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Stops ordering Ammo

zack991

Ummmm did you check the date on that? They continued to sell LEGAL guns for years after, and what is mentioned above it already part of federal laws for FFLs, except the computerized records. But they still must keep records. So what has the above got to do with a proven erroneous rumor.

Yes I had seen the date and they are still partnered with them and support the, I am sure walmart would not have their company on there is they were not.

HOWS THIS Hard to say this is not true.

Jan. 9, 2013 - "Walmart, like the rest of the country, has been engaged in a national dialogue about the responsible sale and regulation of firearms.

http://news.walmart.com/news-archiv...nt-on-white-house-meeting-to-discuss-firearms

"We have had ongoing conversations with the Administration, Congress, Mayor Bloomberg’s office, sportsmen groups, suppliers and others to listen and share our thoughts and experiences.

"Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires.

"Knowing our senior leaders could not be in Washington this week, we spoke in advance with the Vice President’s office to share our perspective. We underestimated the expectation to attend the meeting on Thursday in person, so we are sending an appropriate representative to participate.

"We take this issue very seriously and are committed to staying engaged in this discussion as the Administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the right path forward."

-- David Tovar, Vice President, Corporate Communications

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

They have refunded me ammo a few times as long as I had the original receipt and that the ammo was all there. That was a few years ago and I have not bought ammo from them in a long time, their prices suck. I asked about what does hard block mean, and what was explain to me was that their system that they use to request a restock from the warehouse has blocked them from requesting any more ammo for restock. It wont even let them click the check box for restock he said, it is there but faded to the background and only one that can change that in their system is corporate.
And this conversation took place with corporate Walmart or a district manager? Might we have he/she name?

As far as if they decide to not sell ammo, I have no problem with that. It is their business to do with what they wish, and sell what they want, and charge what they want. I have only bought shotgun shells there, the rest of my ammo is bought online or reloaded, and they have never carried reloading components.

Do any of you shop in Sears or JC Penny?

zack991

And this conversation took place with corporate Walmart or a district manager? Might we have he/she name?

As far as if they decide to not sell ammo, I have no problem with that. It is their business to do with what they wish, and sell what they want, and charge what they want. I have only bought shotgun shells there, the rest of my ammo is bought online or reloaded, and they have never carried reloading components.

Do any of you shop in Sears or JC Penny?

I do not shop Sears or JC Penney they are a gun free zone and I spend my money else were. As for the manager it was the on site manager helping out sporting goods, it was not a planned visit. It cross my mind to check their ammo when I was passing by another isle. He was working with another customer when I asked. Sorry I did not video tape the event, why would I make any of this up.

So what has the above got to do with a proven erroneous rumor.
They are in bed with a known gun control group of people, that they the tens of thousands of dollars of money they gave to Obama in 08 % 12 speaks volumes to were Walmart stands with their policy's. Look at what cheaper than dirt did, they changed their opine of stopping carrying firearms when the public anger was sent to them.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I do not shop Sears or JC Penney they are a gun free zone and I spend my money else were. As for the manager it was the on site manager helping out sporting goods, it was not a planned visit. It cross my mind to check their ammo when I was passing by another isle. He was working with another customer when I asked. Sorry I did not video tape the event, why would I make any of this up.

I have never seen a sign on a Sears or JC Penny door, but they are usually located in malls with code of conduct rules banning weapons. But both of those business used to carry guns and ammo, and were famous for it. Does your pharmacy sell guns and ammo? Your church? I didn't say you made it up, I asked you questions? Instead of answering you make up that I am accusing.

zack991

I have never seen a sign on a Sears or JC Penny door, but they are usually located in malls with code of conduct rules banning weapons. But both of those business used to carry guns and ammo, and were famous for it. Does your pharmacy sell guns and ammo? Your church? I didn't say you made it up, I asked you questions? Instead of answering you make up that I am accusing.

I was asked to leave when I was shopping there a year ago when I walked inside. I got a auto generated email like many company's send out today. I dont go to church at all, they do allow us to carry as long as the Pastor says ok. The Pharmacy we use is in walmart, and as on now they are pretty much out. I have answered the best I can. I cant remember every single detail, I now look back that I should have used my voice recorder that I carry but I am sure people would claim it was made up like that guys phone call. I am not one of those against walmart or mad at them. I was just wanting to see if they had the same or similar notes.

Sears response to a email asking for clarification on their firearms policy:

"Dear sir,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. We are always interested in
hearing from our customers, and regret it was this type of situation
that prompted you to contact us. We apologize for the inconvenience you
have experienced and understand your frustration with firearms not being
allowed in Sears stores.

With regard to your suggestion that Sears change its policy regarding
weapons in the workplace, Sears has no intention of doing so at this
time as we remain focused on providing a safe shopping and work
environment for our customers and associates

Once again, we apologize for your experience with firearms not being
allowed in Sears stores. We appreciate your business, and value you as a
customer. We certainly hope you will continue to make Sears Holdings
Corporation your choice for quality and value.

Sincerely,
Brooke G.
Retail Customer Care
Sears Holdings Corporation

Last edited:

crazydude6030

Yes I had seen the date and they are still partnered with them and support the, I am sure walmart would not have their company on there is they were not.

HOWS THIS Hard to say this is not true.

Jan. 9, 2013 - "Walmart, like the rest of the country, has been engaged in a national dialogue about the responsible sale and regulation of firearms.

http://news.walmart.com/news-archiv...nt-on-white-house-meeting-to-discuss-firearms

"We have had ongoing conversations with the Administration, Congress, Mayor Bloomberg’s office, sportsmen groups, suppliers and others to listen and share our thoughts and experiences.

"Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires.

"Knowing our senior leaders could not be in Washington this week, we spoke in advance with the Vice President’s office to share our perspective. We underestimated the expectation to attend the meeting on Thursday in person, so we are sending an appropriate representative to participate.

"We take this issue very seriously and are committed to staying engaged in this discussion as the Administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the right path forward."

-- David Tovar, Vice President, Corporate Communications

I have been searching for a few weeks now if Walmart was funding anti groups or was part of one and so far I haven't found anything solid on it. This proves just what bass pro, dicks and other nation wide chains have been doing.

Its not the smoking gun I have been looking for. So far all these wal mart rumors seem to be people who are made about walmart over something.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

zack991

I have been searching for a few weeks now if Walmart was funding anti groups or was part of one and so far I haven't found anything solid on it. This proves just what bass pro, dicks and other nation wide chains have been doing.

Its not the smoking gun I have been looking for. So far all these wal mart rumors seem to be people who are made about walmart over something.

I think finding the gun will be hard to find, since a lot of their stores are in locations where hunting supply's is big part of their sales. Yet they have openly financially supported obama on 08 and 12. There are as well of being members of majors against illegal guns which is a very well known anti gun group. Two at least smoke that may lead to fire later. If your a company that truly supports the 2nd Amendment you wouldn't be supporting either.

Last edited:

zack991

Post from a similar thread.
I have seen that and I could very well say I work for walmart, I dont see anyone demanding seeing him in his uniform. Not saying he is not but is he a manger or a stocker. Stockers know as much as PVT in the army with the Joe network. As well as WND is just as famous as Infowars around here, it could easily be said it is damage control like Cheaperthandirt did, claiming they were never refusing to sell guns it was a supplier issue why they stopped selling. Like I said I wouldn't make this nonsense up much less making an ass of myself. It could easily be walmart quietly tried pulling this stunt and now the heat was raised on them when it got out. Their rep coming out denying it is commonsense when a nasty scandal is coming out. Company's lie just like people do when they get caught.

Last edited:

crazydude6030

I think finding the gun will be hard to find, since a lot of their stores are in locations where hunting supply's is big part of their sales. Yet they have openly financially supported obama on 08 and 12. There are as well of being members of majors against illegal guns which is a very well known anti gun group. Two at least smoke that may lead to fire later. If your a company that truly supports the 2nd Amendment you wouldn't be supporting either.

They support making money. The gave money to Romney too if I recall.. as far as being members of bloomburgs group show me. Give me their membership is or a link that show them. Show me where on mayors sight it list Walmart

From what I have read its Christians who get pissed about abortion. Or union workers pissed about not getting in. Or someone who was kicked out of a store. As far as I can tell those people are talking it up about guns trying to get us worked up

zack991

They support making money. The gave money to Romney too if I recall.. as far as being members of bloomburgs group show me. Give me their membership is or a link that show them. Show me where on mayors sight it list Walmart

From what I have read its Christians who get pissed about abortion. Or union workers pissed about not getting in. Or someone who was kicked out of a store. As far as I can tell those people are talking it up about guns trying to get us worked up

I already gave the link in a earlier post from walmarts site. David Tovar, Vice President, Corporate Communications made it know they are members of mayors against illegal guns and if you go to Mayors against illegal guns it has a full article of walmart joining their cause. the site it shows them members since 2008.

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/media-center/pr007-08.shtml

from 2008 when walmart joined them

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive...scuss-firearms

From Jan 2013 walmart saying themselves are members of Mayors against illegal guns.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I already gave the link in a earlier post from walmarts site. David Tovar, Vice President, Corporate Communications made it know they are members of mayors against illegal guns and if you go to Mayors against illegal guns it has a full article of walmart joining their cause. the site it shows them members since 2008.

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/media-center/pr007-08.shtml

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive...scuss-firearms
Again since 2008 Walmart has continued to sell firearms, and ammo including those scary looking rifles. It is not like they just joined them, they have been associated with the group for some time. It is purely a PR move, IMO and means nothing to the hogwash that has clearly been debunked in this thread.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Again since 2008 Walmart has continued to sell firearms, and ammo including those scary looking rifles. It is not like they just joined them, they have been associated with the group for some time. It is purely a PR move, IMO and means nothing to the hogwash that has clearly been debunked in this thread.

Nothing has been debunked, you just prefer to believe a big corporation's press release over the statements of their own officials acting in official capacity for the company BEFORE it hit the internet.

This is seriously concerning. A company that truly cared about 2A would say openly "we oppose any new attempts at legislation" and refuse to send someone to the meetings hosted by Joe Biden, and then wouldn't have their PR reps tell people they're suspending sales due to pending legislation.

At the very least their customer service department isn't giving out correct information to "their loyal customers", i.e They've lied to me, and lied to the guy on the initial recording, where do the lies end? where does WM stand? they won't say!

crazydude6030

Nothing has been debunked, you just prefer to believe a big corporation's press release over the statements of their own officials acting in official capacity for the company BEFORE it hit the internet.

This is seriously concerning. A company that truly cared about 2A would say openly "we oppose any new attempts at legislation" and refuse to send someone to the meetings hosted by Joe Biden, and then wouldn't have their PR reps tell people they're suspending sales due to pending legislation.

At the very least their customer service department isn't giving out correct information to "their loyal customers", i.e They've lied to me, and lied to the guy on the initial recording, where do the lies end? where does WM stand? they won't say!

A comapny is about profits. That's it. Them selling guns ammo or whatever is way to do that. They are not pro or anti but as a compnay they have to play politics so they can push in new stores. I don't think they are pusing one way or the other

WalkingWolf

Provide some credible cites, provide names of supposed employees who have given this information. Until there is some credible sources other than blogs, rumors, and inyourendo it is all Bovine Scatology.

Troy bilt

I called 4 Walmarts to day and spoke with someone in the sporting goods dep each time. 3 of them told me that they were not able to order any new ammo, as to an order from the corporate office. I then called the corporate office where I was told that there has been no change in policy.

sparkman2

Figures they would stop selling. Got pretty good prices there too. Oh well...taking my business to the local mom and pop store and support their business.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Expect Wal-Mart to continue to sell ammo as it is made available to them.

Sears/Kmart has always been gun friendly in my area. Haven't been to a J.C. Pennys in a very long time.

I will believe what I personally experience over unsubstantiated reports.

eye95

We "can't order ammo" either. It is not that there is a policy against it. Our distributors pretty much can't get us any.

Associates are pretty much uninformed. You tell them that they can't order any (not meaning that they are not allowed), and they will ignorantly hear a policy against ordering. Again, unless you get your information from a reliable source (read: corporate), you are just reblowing previously blown smoke.