• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Stops ordering Ammo

EMNofSeattle

We "can't order ammo" either. It is not that there is a policy against it. Our distributors pretty much can't get us any.

Associates are pretty much uninformed. You tell them that they can't order any (not meaning that they are not allowed), and they will ignorantly hear a policy against ordering. Again, unless you get your information from a reliable source (read: corporate), you are just reblowing previously blown smoke.

I CALLED THEIR CORPORATE LINE AND GOT A RESPONSE SAYING THEY WERE NOT GOING TO ORDER MORE, THE INVESTMENT BLOG HAS A RECORDED CALL OF THE SAME THING ARE YOU CAPABLE OF BASIC READING COMPREHENSION? THEIR CURRENT PRESS RELEASE MADE TODAY IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH WHAT SEVERAL PEOPLE WERE TOLD YESTERDAY ON THE CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS PHONE LINE, THAT IS THE POINT HERE. LEARN HOW TO READ

(rant mode: off)

Last edited:

nonameisgood

So, if I get the drift if this thread, we should stop buying ammo at Walmart to boycott them no longer selling ammo?

Ok.

As if people need another reason, in addition to decimation of US manufacturing since they discontinued the "Buy American" basis upon which they were founded.

WalkingWolf

So, if I get the drift if this thread, we should stop buying ammo at Walmart to boycott them no longer selling ammo?

Ok.

As if people need another reason, in addition to decimation of US manufacturing since they discontinued the "Buy American" basis upon which they were founded.

Everybody has discontinued "Buy American". If I am going to boycott a business I need more reason than what I have read in this thread.

eye95

[rude shouted crap edited out]

You may try learning to write.

I just reread every single post of yours in this thread. Where in this thread have you written that you called corporate and they said that they would not order more??? So don't tell me to read. You need to learn to write.

Make a clear post of who you talked to at corporate and when or S T F U, cuz I ain't gonna read what you have to write if you are going to behave in the childish way demonstrated in your words that I refuse to repeat.

I'm pretty close to being done with you. Make a mature post that actually answers a question directly. There are plenty of folks here worth talking to. You used to be one of them.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

You may try learning to write.

I just reread every single post of yours in this thread. Where in this thread have you written that you called corporate and they said that they would not order more??? So don't tell me to read. You need to learn to write.

Make a clear post of who you talked to at corporate and when or S T F U, cuz I ain't gonna read what you have to write if you are going to behave in the childish way demonstrated in your words that I refuse to repeat.

I'm pretty close to being done with you. Make a mature post that actually answers a question directly. There are plenty of folks here worth talking to. You used to be one of them.

Post #31 I stated "I called Wal-Mart yesterday" note how I did not say "my local wal-mart" or "port orchard wal-mart" or "wal-mart store" I said I called Wal-Mart. that generic should mean corporate. especially since i referenced a recorded call that was stated on the OP of them calling corporate. No I don't remember the name of who I talked to (which shouldn't be a problem since people here believe wierder claims made against the police without corroboration)

I've stated very clearly that Wal-Mart is changing their story all the time. they're members of MAIG, I was accused of making this up by people who were too lazy to type "Wal-Mart mayors against illegal guns" in the search bar, when it was confirmed with 4 different cites myself and other users were accused of using unsubstantiated info from "blogs" while WW was ingorning Wal-marts own press release that was cited.

I brought up that Wal-Mart said they were sending no one to Biden's talks, then they sent someone to Biden's talks, I stated truthfully that Wal-Mart was telling people they were suspending ammo sales ON THEIR CORPORATE PHONE LINE including a call that was recorded and available off the story cited in the OP. then today released a press conference saying something else. all the while myself and another user were accused of lying, making things up, and using unsubstantiated information, and then some absurd slander was made against me accusing me of being a conspiracy theorist. If I don't seem like I'm very happy about all this, it's becuase I'm not. instead of you qualifying your statements or asking me for any clarification, you went ahead and slandered me first by writing that I was "reblowing previously blown smoke"

I called their corporate customer service line, 479-273-4000 at around 10 am pacific standard time yesterday.

WalkingWolf

Post #31 I stated "I called Wal-Mart yesterday" note how I did not say "my local wal-mart" or "port orchard wal-mart" or "wal-mart store" I said I called Wal-Mart. that generic should mean corporate. especially since i referenced a recorded call that was stated on the OP of them calling corporate. No I don't remember the name of who I talked to (which shouldn't be a problem since people here believe wierder claims made against the police without corroboration)

I've stated very clearly that Wal-Mart is changing their story all the time. they're members of MAIG, I was accused of making this up by people who were too lazy to type "Wal-Mart mayors against illegal guns" in the search bar, when it was confirmed with 4 different cites myself and other users were accused of using unsubstantiated info from "blogs" while WW was ingorning Wal-marts own press release that was cited.

I brought up that Wal-Mart said they were sending no one to Biden's talks, then they sent someone to Biden's talks, I stated truthfully that Wal-Mart was telling people they were suspending ammo sales ON THEIR CORPORATE PHONE LINE including a call that was recorded and available off the story cited in the OP. then today released a press conference saying something else. all the while myself and another user were accused of lying, making things up, and using unsubstantiated information, and then some absurd slander was made against me accusing me of being a conspiracy theorist. If I don't seem like I'm very happy about all this, it's becuase I'm not. instead of you qualifying your statements or asking me for any clarification, you went ahead and slandered me first by writing that I was "reblowing previously blown smoke"

I called their corporate customer service line, 479-273-4000 at around 10 am pacific standard time yesterday.

WHO did you talk to at the corporate customer service line? By who I mean a name.

BTW the WND article is one day old, so by the time the news report was put together and edited probably before you say you called. Odd to say the least.

Last edited:

zack991

Sam Walton died in 1992. Try again.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wal-mart-heir-funding-obama-big-time/article/2511391#.UPYXtGfheSo

Google is your friend,Have a nice night. :)

His full name is Jim Sam Walton

though, is this Washington Times report by data hound Luke Rosiak: Wal-Mart heir Jim Sam Walton has apparently given big to Obama’s SuperPAC.

This is at first surprising for a couple of reasons. First, the Waltons tend to be Republican. Second, the conventional wisdom is that megacorps like Wal-Mart are a Republican thing.

But Sam Walton gave the maximum $30,800 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2008, and $40,000 to the OVF this election.

"Wal-Mart heir gives $300,000 to Obama super PAC"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...rt-chairman-gives-1m-obama-super-pac-bundler/

Last edited:

eye95

Fail.

"I called Wal-Mart," to almost everyone in the world, means calling the store. Again, learn to write before you bitch about others reading.

"I don't remember the name of who I talked to," means any assertion, including those you fail to make clearly, mean zero. Learn to write.

"I've stated very clearly that Wal-Mart is changing their story all the time." Kinda undermines everything you try to say that they are saying.

"I stated truthfully that Wal-Mart was telling people they were suspending ammo sales ON THEIR CORPORATE PHONE LINE" Where? Not in post 31. Maybe YOU need to work on reading skills.

Try to make one coherent post stating what it is you are claiming you have stated, and I might give your words some credit. Right now I see you pathetically trying to salvage some failed communication, something you said in your head but couldn't quite make your fingers type. One more shot. Say it straight out without all the accusatory (and unjustified crap), "I called so-and-so. He said such-and-such." I might then believe that you heard what you are implying (but haven't said) you heard. I still won't yet believe that Wal-Mart is "not ordering any more ammo." But you will have at least provided a scintilla of support for the conjecture you think you have communicated.

If you can't write that one non-judgmental, coherent, straightforward, informative post that your mind has convinced yourself that you have already written (you haven't), I'll just move on. I am done wasting time on incoherence.

WalkingWolf

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wal-mart-heir-funding-obama-big-time/article/2511391#.UPYXtGfheSo

Have a nice night, Google is your friend

His full name is Jim Sam Walton

though, is this Washington Times report by data hound Luke Rosiak: Wal-Mart heir Jim Sam Walton has apparently given big to Obama’s SuperPAC.

This is at first surprising for a couple of reasons. First, the Waltons tend to be Republican. Second, the conventional wisdom is that megacorps like Wal-Mart are a Republican thing.

But Sam Walton gave the maximum $30,800 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2008, and $40,000 to the OVF this election.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...rt-chairman-gives-1m-obama-super-pac-bundler/

Now this may be a conspiracy but isn't Mike Duke CEO of Walmart?

zack991

http://corporate.walmart.com/our-story/leadership/executive-management/mike-duke

The Internets says so, I think he is a government plant though...sarcasm alert. :)

"Michael T. Duke is the president and chief executive officer of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Walmart). From 2005 to February 2009, Mike served as vice chairman of the company, with responsibility for Walmart International.

As CEO, Mike leads a strong management team that is focused on keeping Walmart's mission of "saving people money so they can live better" relevant to every customer, every day. The company also continues to broaden and accelerate its global efforts on environmental sustainability, responsible sourcing and associate opportunity."

Last edited:

suntzu

OK, let's debunk this for a third time in a third thread.

Ok, so all I am going to say is this--What you are hearing about Walmart stopping the ordering of ammunition is PARTLY correct. Walmart HAS stopped ALL manual ammunition orders, the only ammunition your local Walmart will receive is that which the Corporate Office in Arkansas deems fit to buy and ship to it. It does not matter how I know--the fact is--I know. No dept. manager or assistant is now able to order ammunition at all through the manual order functions at store level...it has to be ordered and sent to the store by the corporate.

Don't be fooled people.

WalkingWolf

Ok, so all I am going to say is this--What you are hearing about Walmart stopping the ordering of ammunition is PARTLY correct. Walmart HAS stopped ALL manual ammunition orders, the only ammunition your local Walmart will receive is that which the Corporate Office in Arkansas deems fit to buy and ship to it. It does not matter how I know--the fact is--I know. No dept. manager or assistant is now able to order ammunition at all through the manual order functions at store level...it has to be ordered and sent to the store by the corporate.

Don't be fooled people.

[video=youtube;NzlG28B-R8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y[/video]

eye95

Don't be fooled people.

Now THAT is believable. It would be more believable if you would cite a source, but it is believable because for some products, that is how the Exchange has handled situations where individual stores are having trouble getting product.

Almost all orders in the firearms department here are handled by the local store (soon to be me), however, there is a certain firearm manufacturer from whom it has been proving impossible to get much. Corporate took over the ordering to make sure that we get consideration from this manufacturer and that each store will receive an equitable share of the now-increased allocations. It is very likely that Wal-Mart is doing the same with some hard-to-get ammo, but, like I pointed out in another post, associates are ignorant and misread corporate actions all the time, acting "in the know" and explaining total BS to the customers. I hear that kind of crap all the time from my guys and try to correct it when I do.

crazydude6030

I have been able to find ammo at Walmart. I don't own a .223 though (just don't like it). I have noticed they are restocking ammo just some of it is very hard to find everywhere.

OC for ME

<snip> It is very likely that Wal-Mart is doing the same with some hard-to-get ammo, <snip>
.40 is hard to get at my local Walmart. Heck, from my puny perspective Walmart has a hard time getting anythin on the shelves. Then again, being out in the country we are smoewhat for "tin-foilish" than most folks. It is what it is.

eye95

...As if people need another reason, in addition to decimation of US manufacturing since they discontinued the "Buy American" basis upon which they were founded.

That's not their fault or problem. It is the fault of American labor and manufacturing pricing themselves out of the market, counting on the foolishness of "buying American." I believe in free enterprise and will reward the enterprising with my business. If that is a Chinese or Korean firm, so be it. I stopped being foolish and "buying American" decades ago, when I realized I was only propping up greedy unions and businesses who found it easier to cave to the unions than to make good long-term business decisions.

That is Liberty. They have the right to price themselves out of the market, and I have the right to buy elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

We-the-People

A friend, and fellow member here, is a stocker at WalMart. When 223 came in the other day he pulled it off the pallet for himself. Now if you multiply that by all the gun owners that work for WalMart and want some ammo.....at a time when ammo is drying up......you might find why it's hard to find the "good stuff" on the shelves.

EMNofSeattle

A friend, and fellow member here, is a stocker at WalMart. When 223 came in the other day he pulled it off the pallet for himself. Now if you multiply that by all the gun owners that work for WalMart and want some ammo.....at a time when ammo is drying up......you might find why it's hard to find the "good stuff" on the shelves.

Wow, in my former retail job for an evil UNION shop retail store, I would've been fired on the spot for doing that. taking stuff for free was an automatic firing and the union wouldn't help you. Taking stuff arriving and pallets and squirreling for yourself before it hit the shelves even if you did pay for it was an automatic firing, and the union would not help you