• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WALNUT CREEK MEETUP - New Developments !!! 2-6-10 11am - BRADY's

yellowneck86

imported post

Claycord.com has reported the meeting on their site. I have noticed that this is where the Brady bunch will tap away their thoughts and fantasies about open carry.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Suggestion:

If I was to attend a meet like this, I would evaluate and meticulously plan my travel routeover public roads and highways to and FROM the meet.

Those who open carry would be known to others and possiblyfollowed to their vehicles and then stalked while driving away by elements opposed to open carry.

Good luck,be careful and plan ahead.

Superlite27

imported post

Wait.....lemme get this straight.

They find open carriers "intimidating"?

If these OC'ers are so "intimidating", why are the Brady's following them?

Do you follow people who "intimidate" you?

I dunno about you, but people who protest, wave signs, and pester others don't seem too intimidated.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
can someone jog my memory.... for some reason i seem to remember that you do not have to consent to a "e" check while in a private place like a coffee shop or restaurant...
People v Overturf.

The private property exemption in 12031(h) only applies to "possession", not "carrying".

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

By the way, is anybody really surprised at all that the info was leaked? If so, allow me to say, "I told you so!"

The liberty-haters have a well-developed playbook, and they're desperate at how fast our movement is growing. And it's not that we're changing that many people's minds... it's just all the publicity is letting like-minded people know we exist.

Ironically, the Brady Campaign is giving us some free advertising by drawing attention to our cause. (Which, IMO, is a mixed blessing.)

onedavetoomany

imported post

We had about 60 supporters open carrying today in Walnut Creek. Including family there were approximately 85 supporters in attendance. No protestors showed up and the Walnut Creek Police said they had no complaints. It was a huge success!

JJ

imported post

I'm always looking for new places to eat and The Buckhorn Grill definitely has good food and service. I will be going back (and carrying of course).

It was great to meet some of the people from this forum and also some new people who were not aware of the forum. (I gave them pamphlets) My son and I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's company.

Looking forward to the next meet.

Jerry J.

SFWD 1934

imported post

I was happy that I made out there today. I had to get home and get a nap after working last night, so I was a little late and did not make it to Buckhorn to eat, but was at Starbucks with everyone. I brought my daughter and fiancee with me, and had a great time. Everyone was very respectful to one another in the group as well as outside the group. As soon as I walked up I was greeted by Robert from Sacramento. I am looking forward to seeing some of the same people and meeting new ones next Saturday in Antioch.

Nice to meet new friends.

Jason

AdnanShahab

imported post

Great event in Walnut Creek today. It was a wonderful turnout, even larger than I was expecting. It's nice to finally meet some more people from this forum face-to-face, and it was great to see a whole lot of people who are brand new to unloaded open carry. Clearly, this is a right that many people are interested in learning about and exercising. I can't wait until the next meetup.

Once again, I would like to thank Buckhorn Grill for cordially hosting us and allowing us to exercise our right to open carry in their wonderful establishment. I would also like to thank Starbucks for continuing to respect local, state, and federal gun rights.

camsoup

imported post

Looks like it was a great event. Wish the wife and I could have made it down. Glad it went on without a hitch, really surprised no one showed up in protest. Maybe they cant come out and play when its raining, :lol:

ETA...

A quote from Mr. Dix " How often are you in a restaurant when it is being held up"?

Well Griffin, if it happens so infrequently that you feel a citizen doesn't need to protect themselves...... do we really need the Brady campaign to stop gun violence in this country? Is gun violence a real problem, or something you just feel is a problem?

yelohamr

imported post

If someone prints it for them, they can talk the talk. They get lost when it comes to walking the walk. :D

Glad you all had a great day. Keep up the good work.