• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WALNUT CREEK MEETUP - New Developments !!! 2-6-10 11am - BRADY's

brad9point0

imported post

Here is the line out the door! PLUS the people inside ordering and the people already seated! =) Looks like CPK missed out on a LOT of business!

Buckhorn was AWESOME! GREAT food, GREAT service and TRUE PATRIOTS!

:celebrate:celebrate

JJ

imported post

When I got there (right at 11am) was everyone just socializing out front, or was everyone waiting to get in?? If everyone was lined up waiting to get in I think my son and I unknowingly cut in front of everyone. If this was the case, my deepest apologies. If so, hopefully this won't be held against me in the future!

Jerry J.

yellowneck86

imported post

Just came to realize my gut and my glock is on the front article of claycord.com:D

coolusername2007

imported post

Wow! What a great turnout! Now if only we could mobilizethe southern cal UOC'ersin the same way.

Kind of surprised the Brady bunch bluffed and wimped out...but then again theybluff on virtually everything else they say so I guess I should've seen that one coming. Typical for loud mouthed, busy bodies whose only fun is taking away other's fun...and God given rights.

ETA: Kudos and a major hat tip to Buckhorns! PEETS and CPK...eat your hearts out! Lost respect, lost customers, lost revenue, great business plan.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

WOW! The turnout was unbelievable. I'm very impressed and I wish I could have been there. It's a shame that CPK and Peet's were so willing to turn away such a HUGE sum of money. Oh well, survival of the fittest.

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Maintaining domestic tranquility today prevented me dropping by though we drove past about 11:30 AM. Excellent show.

What about a few dozen of the forum members sending copies of the Mercury News

"100 gun advocates appear armed at Bay Area restaurant"

to CPK and Peets and let them salivate over the thought of the revenue that would have brought them?

On the absence of the Brady Bunch--is a permit to demonstrate required by the city for their activity? If so, does it have to describe a specific location? If this is the case, the late notice may have been enough to prevent them from being able to get a permit? Just wondering.

By the way, the little girl in the Mercury News photo is a real cutie.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

camsoup wrote:
A quote from Mr. Dix " How often are you in a restaurant when it is being held up"?
Maybe Mr. Dix should ask that question to Suzanna Hupp.

Maddoggie13

imported post

I was right behind you with my Glock 26 on claycord.com:D. It was great meeting everyone...this is my 1st event and will not be the last. :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Paladin4CA

imported post

yellowneck86 wrote:
im the the guy in the blue shirt and khakis who showed up early:)
I'm the guy in the blue shirt and khakis who showed up late (had a meeting to attend). . . and wasn't UOCing.

Glad to meet some of you guys; glad not everyone was a middle-aged white guy like me; and even more glad everything appears to have gone smoothly. Despite that guy w/the .380 packin' "all the firepower of a SWAT team," no blood ran in the streets!

For "full disclosure," I'm "Paladin" from CGN and on the CGF-side (and thus sidelines) re. UOCing for now. (The countdown has begun: about 20 weeks until Incorporation!) But when the antis make noise that they're trying to stomp on our side, I'll be there! :X

After incorporation, you may want to try to get some single gals from CGN to join you (they've got a ladies subforum over there). But then, as the word got out about the single gals, even more single guys would show up xOCing! If that kept up, too many of us might get married and have kids and we'd take back this state. Sounds win-win to me. Hmmm? Maybe you should plan a xOC "date night" on Valentine's Day 2011? ;)

Livermoron

imported post

:arrow::arrow::arrow::celebrate

Thank you all for such a great turn out today. Everyone was respectful, interested, lawful, jovial, and SUPPORTED OUR HOSTS - The Buckhorn Grill! Some of you guys dropped $20 in the tip jar and I know they appreciate it!

Pretty sure this was the largest Open Carry event in recent history, at least for California. The media folks were reporting approximately 100 in attendance :shock:, :D:exclaim: I'm sure this will chap the hides of the BC.

Looking forward to our next meetup... TBD...

SPECIAL THANKS also to Brian Sussman on KSFO 560 AM in San Francisco for the airtime to talk about UOC in California on Friday evening. Check out his show M-F 6-8pm. GOOD STUFF!

CARRY ON!

Livermoron :cool:

Livermoron

imported post

PS - Just caught the Channel 2 News report on the Meetup today. IMO it was fair coverage and Adnan even had "the last word" in retort to the Brady Bunch ;).

Carry On!

Livermoron :cool:

pdlumina

imported post

Trying to get a Martinez chapeter going. Let me know if anyone can help with membership or a meetup. I want to contribute to the open carry movement in Martinez or supporting communities like Pleasant Hill, Concord or Walnut Creek. I was the guy there that took footage the whole time trying to document the advantages of open carry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQzV04fyYmMthanks for the support! -Pete