• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Kind of Gun Do You Carry?

XDFDE45

imported post

XD45 in FDE, hence my user name ;)

GK4.jpg

duckdog

imported post

I have a 03 FFL, so I have just a few firearms, but I like a TT33 7.62x25 for everyday carry.To the guy shootig the hi point. I bought some of these to shoot cast bullets through, as I am a bullet caster as well, and those baby's may be ugly, but they're almost indestructable, from what I can tell. I have yet to have one of 'em jam up or fail to feed my reloads. They also havea lifetime warranty, so I kind of figured after a couple of thousand rounds through each one, I'd be sending them in, but ... not yet!

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Out and about, a Ruger security six .357 magnum. Before the AG memo I used to carry an inexpensive .38 S&W in case of confiscation. At home a Webley MK VI with .45 ACP hollow points. The Webley ain't pretty but with full moon clips it loads fast and hits hard. Nothing like a wheel gun. No stovepipes and if there is adud just pull the trigger again, but to each their own.

XDFDE45

imported post

logan wrote:
Very sexy guns Glock34!

I OC my Glock 19. I will CC my Ruger LCP when I can. And there's the Bushmaster Gas Piston Rifle that I enjoy shooting! Oh can't leave out the Benchmade knife! I don't carry that though cause I'd probably get in trouble if I was caught with it :X

10227_186898355209_500040209_4102600_3437650_n.jpg
I was curious what you think of the BM piston AR. Been thinking about getting a piston AR and been trying to find out what people have and what they think of them. TIA.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

XDFDE45 wrote:
I was curious what you think of the BM piston AR. Been thinking about getting a piston AR and been trying to find out what people have and what they think of them. TIA.
There are other options for piston operated rifles out there as well in addition to the AR....

[align=center]
2udx5wm.jpg

[/align][align=left]But I usually carry my SW99 DA/SA....[/align][align=center]
b5i6b7.jpg

[/align][align=center]Or my Springfield 1911, cocked and locked....[/align][align=center]
14tm3gm.jpg

[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]For you people who like to carry in "Condition 1" with one in the chamber, what do you do about bullet setback, where the bullet moves back into the shell casing a small amount every time you chamber it, eventually causing an overpressure condition if that round is fired?
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Dave
[/align]

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

davegran wrote:
[align=left]For you people who like to carry in "Condition 1" with one in the chamber, what do you do about bullet setback, where the bullet moves back into the shell casing a small amount every time you chamber it, eventually causing an overpressure condition if that round is fired?
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Dave
[/align]
Plain and simple.... if that's happening, you just aren't shooting enough!

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
davegran wrote:
[align=left]For you people who like to carry in "Condition 1" with one in the chamber, what do you do about bullet setback, where the bullet moves back into the shell casing a small amount every time you chamber it, eventually causing an overpressure condition if that round is fired?
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Dave
[/align]
I don't know if I would go that far, some of the hollow point ammo isn't exactly cheap. I try to rotate my ammo in the magazine once a week. That means that I re-chamber that round about 50-75 times. I haven't had any issues with the round firing, as I tested it out one time after two weeks of using the same piece of ammo. I do pay attention to make sure the bullet isn't pushed in too much (hasn't happened yet).

gollbladder13

imported post

I'm not worried about bullet setback, but I do always check the round I'm about to chamber if I know it's been my chamber round for a while.

Then again, that's the best way to get P+ ammo! :celebrate

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XDFDE45 wrote:
logan wrote:
Very sexy guns Glock34!

I OC my Glock 19. I will CC my Ruger LCP when I can. And there's the Bushmaster Gas Piston Rifle that I enjoy shooting! Oh can't leave out the Benchmade knife! I don't carry that though cause I'd probably get in trouble if I was caught with it :X

I really like it. Haven't had a single jam yet, but I haven't shot it a ton. Maybe only ~350 rounds or so. It was only about $400 more than a regular AR rifle, so worth it in my opinion. I really like the new Ruger SR-556. I wouldn't mind buying that as a 2nd AR if I could afford to buy a new one!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

logan wrote:
XDFDE45 wrote:
logan wrote:
Very sexy guns Glock34!

I really like it. Haven't had a single jam yet, but I haven't shot it a ton. Maybe only ~350 rounds or so. It was only about $400 more than a regular AR rifle, so worth it in my opinion. I really like the new Ruger SR-556. I wouldn't mind buying that as a 2nd AR if I could afford to buy a new one!
you might want to wait, till summer and pick up the Bushmaster ACR, as pictured above, it's gas piston. That Ruger is nice, but not worth what they are asking.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
you might want to wait, till summer and pick up the Bushmaster ACR, as pictured above, it's gas piston. That Ruger is nice, but not worth what they are asking.

You have to remember that the Ruger gas system started from more ofa clean sheet of paper than most of the rest... When you look at what a DI AR is going for these days and add up the cost of the features you get with the Ruger, it is actually a decent value.

Personally I can do without a gas piston upper and will stick to my DI rifles.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

You have to remember that the Ruger gas system started from more ofa clean sheet of paper than most of the rest... When you look at what a DI AR is going for these days and add up the cost of the features you get with the Ruger, it is actually a decent value.

Personally I can do without a gas piston upper and will stick to my DI rifles.
Mike H. over at TGSCOM told me that Ruger is using someone elses Piston system on the SR-556 rifles. I guess for me I am ready for something new to add to my collection.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
davegran wrote:
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Dave
[/align]

Hmm; so either you target practice with your carry ammo or you've been meeting a lot of bad guys.... :celebrate What do you use for carry/target ammo?

Dave

AaronS

imported post

davegran wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
davegran wrote:
[/align]

[align=left]
[/align]

[align=left]Dave
[/align]

Hmm; so either you target practice with your carry ammo or you've been meeting a lot of bad guys.... :celebrate What do you use for carry/target ammo?

Dave
I am happy to see that the issue of bullet setback has come up again. It could be a real issue if it were to happen, and you did not catch it. I have see a few guns that have blown up, and no reason could be found. Setback could blow up a good gun. The worst gun I have for it is a .40 cal Beretta. After about 70-80 loads, it starts to move a bit. I swap out my top round about once a week now. I check them, and when I get a few, I take them to the range. Never had one that got pressed out of the spec. (yet). So for me, I use about 4 rounds of good ammo a month.

opusd2

imported post

I've encountered the setback a few times back when I would actually unload the firearm, but have never encountered a problem with firing them off. I soon discovered that it is the cartridge actually going stale that causes it, so now I just run more ammunition through the pistol and don't have the problem anymore. However my budget for ammunition has gone up, strange...

It's best to keep in practice with your load of choice anyway. That's a cheap insurance against bad aiming decisions, and just plain flight off of the intended path. And it's a good cologne. See, you just can't lose - unless you can't find your favorite ammunition anymore. *Sigh!*

XDFDE45

imported post

logan wrote:
XDFDE45 wrote:
logan wrote:
Very sexy guns Glock34!

Thanks. Lots of choices out there now from POF to LWRCI to S&W and Stag Arms just put one out now which are supposed to start shipping in Dec. from what I've read. Too many choices if you ask me :banghead:

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XDFDE45 wrote:
logan wrote:
XDFDE45 wrote:
logan wrote:
Very sexy guns Glock34!

Thanks. Lots of choices out there now from POF to LWRCI to S&W and Stag Arms just put one out now which are supposed to start shipping in Dec. from what I've read. Too many choices if you ask me :banghead:
I'm loving my POF. I need to get a better optic for it but with chrismas coming up it'll have to wait till next year. here's that pic again though :D

Picture007.jpg