• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would it take for you to revolt?

Daylen

In Greenland, only licensed gun owners1 may lawfully acquire, possess or transfer a firearm or ammunition.

Gun Owner Background Checks

An applicant for a firearm licence in Greenland must pass background checks which consider criminal and relationship records Guns in Greenland are regulated by the Ministry of Justice and the Chief Constable of Greenland. Guiding gun control legislation in Greenland is the Act on Control and Registration of Firearms in Greenland 1992
Source(s):
http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region…

In Iceland, only licensed gun owners12 may lawfully acquire, possess or transfer a firearm or ammunition.

Licensing Records

In Iceland, authorities maintain a record12 of individual civilians licensed to acquire, possess, sell or transfer a firearm or ammunition.

Civilian Gun Registration

In Iceland, the law requires12 that a record of the acquisition, possession and transfer of each privately held firearm be retained in an official register

http://www.gunpolicy.org

I'd be wary of that website. They are claiming Canada allows OC with a permit, from what I understand this is way off.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nice try, but not even a cheap cigar. The Swiss CANNOT keep military ammo at home.
This was changed over 4 years ago. You have to read more than the first few sentences on a given subject. One little piece of the puzzle is hardly representative of the entire picture.
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/Special...eep_guns_at_home_but_not_ammo.html?cid=970614

This is a case of too little knowledge and trying to defend something that should not have been said in the first place.

i saw the documentary 4 years ago! this is a case of you being an *******. moderate delete kick me out whatever. point is the same. BACK OFF

You may have seen it sometime in the past, but you cited the incorrect information today, sir. You then resort to an ad hominem attack because I try to get you to post responsibly, as a credit to yourself and OCDO?

Your request will be considered and a determination made as to merit thereof.

In the meanwhile, why don't you take a break - you seem to have an anger management problem.

Redbaron007

Somewhere that buying my rights is much cheaper. I'll be dead if I stay here any longer.Hell, I might still die at my destination, but at least I'll die on my feet instead of living on my knees. Life in the USA just isn't worth waking up for. I curse every sunrise wishing I had died in my sleep.

That's no way to live, and there are no alternatives here besides an absence of conscience. That is a trait I refuse to obtain.Decent people can't survive in America. I've looked for a loophole in that my whole life. Ignorance of it is the only loophole... Once rid of it, it's not something one can get back.

I'm not saying it's 'much better.' Just that here, I have no hope. Hate dominates every aspect of life. I'm just not messed up enough to live with myself when I participate in the dementia called 'normal.'It is the only alternative to suicide that I have not yet explored, so I'm giving it a try. America is an unbearable horror that tortures any who would aim higher than absolute degeneracy.

With all due respect, you must be one miserable person. Don't take this the wrong way, but I also feel for anyone that has to be around you. It sounds to me you need to find another place......quickly....wherever you think it will make you supposedly happier. :confused:

You mentioned something about suicide.....should you not seek some guidance? Suicide is not a good sign if you have thought about it. :eek:

Just sayin! Best wishes!

Last edited:

okboomer

More or less so, except here on OCDO where the focus is more narrow and restrictive by intent. The goal here is the normalization of the right to open carry handguns in our normal everyday lives. When we stray too far from that theme, we lose sight of this goal. Worse yet some insist a subject is germane and try to force acceptance of their pet issue - referring to their "rights."

The Social Lounge was created to allow many/most things not otherwise directly allowed - movies, vehicles et al. Appropriateness or not will be decided on an individual, case by case basis - not necessarily by black letter rule. More to the point, espousing armed revolution, associating OCDO with para-military thinking/actions are examples that come to mind in which OCDO should not and will not participate.

No intent to challenge you okboomer - my mind just accelerated and turned that corner. :D

I had to think a while before I posted it, and I wasn't espousing the act of revolt, simply the private discussion I may have at any time or place about the subject. I appreciate the efforts taken on our behalf by the forum owners to provide a free discussion about Open Carry, the 2A, and guns in general. :cool:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot ...snip...
No intent to challenge you okboomer - my mind just accelerated and turned that corner.

I had to think a while before I posted it, and I wasn't espousing the act of revolt, simply the private discussion I may have at any time or place about the subject. I appreciate the efforts taken on our behalf by the forum owners to provide a free discussion about Open Carry, the 2A, and guns in general. :cool:

icon14.png
.............. :D

okboomer

i saw the documentary 4 years ago! this is a case of you being an *******. moderate delete kick me out whatever. point is the same. BACK OFF

"Dahlin' you stepped in it" :cool: Bless your heart :D No need to call a Moderator names ... and remember, google can be your friend, and it can poop in your hand if you aren't careful.

eye95

Now is nowhere near the time to revolt, unless you are talking about ballots and lawsuits.

If you take up arms against this nation, you will find me shooting back at you.

It troubles me still, the extent to which the owners of this site allow posts that explicitly call for open revolt against what is still the greatest government on the face of the Earth. Such posts reflect badly on us and on the OC movement.

PistolPackingMomma

It troubles me still, the extent to which the owners of this site allow posts that explicitly call for open revolt against what is still the greatest government on the face of the Earth. Such posts reflect badly on us and on the OC movement.

What post would that be? I must have missed it...

j4l

Now is nowhere near the time to revolt, unless you are talking about ballots and lawsuits.

If you take up arms against this nation, you will find me shooting back at you.

.....and yet, IM considered anti-1st Amendment....:rolleyes:

rodbender

So, report him to the FBI...........again.

Brimstone Baritone

What post would that be? I must have missed it...

You're absolutely right. His post(s?) where he claimed that the world would be better off if everyone in congress had died in a fireball, and that that is what is needed to set this country right, was obviously an implicit call for open revolt.

In the middle east, it only took one person. Maybe if ixtow really loved his country he would go set himself on fire in the middle of a town square.

The way I see it, either way he's opting out. He's quick to tell us what we need to do to fix our country, calls us all lazy and willfully blind for not doing it, and then says he's taking off. ixtow, put your money where your mouth is, be the change you want to see in this country, or ST*U and GT*O. Just my humble opinion, and the reason I'm not reading another post from that hypocrite.

MilProGuy

Now is nowhere near the time to revolt, unless you are talking about ballots and lawsuits...

...It troubles me still, the extent to which the owners of this site allow posts that explicitly call for open revolt against what is still the greatest government on the face of the Earth. Such posts reflect badly on us and on the OC movement.

icon14.png
eye95, the "ring of Truth" resounds clearly from your well-stated post.
icon14.png

Last edited:

gravedigger

But the point I was making in my earlier post was simply to examine a person's motives for "killing them all" as another poster put it, and wondering if such actions would actually further the cause of liberty, or simply be sensless violence that wouldn't actually accomplish any true objectives.

The next time you discover that your home is infested with cockroaches, try killing ONLY the ones near your cookie jar and let me know how that works out for you.

America is infested with cockroaches that walk among true patriots and free men. They are easily identified.

Last edited:

Reacter

Wtf?

What in the hell are you thinking about in posting this? "What would it take for me to revolt"? Hummm, far more than is happening in our country now. I am a U.S. Marine that has served in FIVE combat tours, one in Afghanistan and four in Iraq. I volunteered for it all. I know that the people are pissed at this and that in our nation. You can protest and do just about anything just shy of revolting. Think about what you are saying. The oath I took to serve in the Marine Corps, to support our Constitution and our way of life has two little words in it, "Foreign and Domestic". I swore to uphold the Constitution against what you are talking about. Go ahead and revolt..

since9

Campaign Veteran
You can protest and do just about anything just shy of revolting. Think about what you are saying. The oath I took to serve in the Marine Corps, to support our Constitution and our way of life has two little words in it, "Foreign and Domestic". I swore to uphold the Constitution against what you are talking about. Go ahead and revolt..

Check this out.

The oath I took had nothing to do with revolting. It had to do with preserving our nation, beginning with our Constitution, against anyone, all the way up the chain to the President himself, should they violate our Constitution and the laws which stem forth from it. If anything, it's standing firm against others who're revolting.

"I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

I see nothing in there which obligates me to obey the orders of those above me. While the UCMJ requires it, it's only for lawful orders. I am most certainly obligated to refuse unlawful orders, regardless of the rank from which they originate, and I've done so on several occasions, gently reminding a superior why I was obligated to refuse. Naturally, I've weighed the situations carefully, as I'd never risk a commander's ire for inconsequential things. When it came to things that could really bite him, myself, my branch of service, or my country, however, I stood my ground.

Now, should our entire government significantly depart from our Constitution, particularly if they did so to such an extent that it was clear that if left unchecked we would cease to be the Constitutionally-based nation as we were founded to be, then I would most certainly revolt - against the wayward government - and I would expect each and every individual out of tens of millions who've sworn to support and defend the Constitution to do the same.

I would never revolt against our Constitution or against a government that's largely following it.

OC for Me: Good reply, and I have my doubts, as well. During Katrina, for example, the National Guard was going around and disarming home owners in New Orleans. I can understand why the enlisted members would carry out such unlawful orders, as they're sworn to "obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over" them. Their officers, however, were only sworn to obey the Constitution. For whatever reason, they did not. They violated the Constitution. They should have questioned those orders as being unlawful because they were un-Constitutional.

Where were the officers?

For that matter, where were the enlisted? My orders have been questioned by enlisted members before. I didn't take affront. Instead, I listened up, as they cared enough to keep me out of trouble! A quick amendment and we were back in business.

Think about just how many folks out there have taken an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic:

President
Cabinet Ministers
Supreme Court
Congress
Federal law enforcement and affiliated agencies. This includes the FBI and other federal three-letter agencies.
Similar positions as the above but at the state, county, and municiple levels.

We have nearly 3 Million active duty and reserve members in the U.S. Armed Forces, and perhaps ten times that many who're retired or former. Just because one is no longer on duty, however, doesn't men their oath has expired! Add in the numbers of the other agencies, and you're looking at perhaps 35-40 Million U.S. citizens who've taken an oath to support and defend our Constitution.

Considering law enforcement officers alone, we find this:

U.S. Law Enforcement Officers include (but may not be limited to) the following:
State troopers
Police officers
Sheriffs and deputy sheriffs
Constables and deputy constables
Town Marshals and deputy town marshals
Prison officers
Probation officers
Fish and game wardens
Natural resources officers (park rangers and forest rangers)
Fire Marshals and deputy fire marshals
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents
United States Marshals and deputy marshals
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) agents
Bureau of Diplomatic Security special agents
United States Border Patrol agents
Immigration inspectors
Customs and Border Protection officers
Federal air marshals
Federal Flight Deck Officer
United States Secret Service special agents and uniformed officers
District Attorney and Prosecuting Attorney investigators
Office of Mental Health safety/security officers
United States Postal Service postal inspectors
U.S. Coast Guard boarding officers

My point is this: Instead of beating our heads against the wall saying this or that organization must go, our focus should be to reach each and every one of those 35-40 Million with reminders about the truth of their oaths of office, the trust placed in them by the Constitution itself, and their obligation to vet every order against the Constitution and the applicable laws before following it, or, in the case of legislators, creating it. Once we can get them to that point, or at least a sizeable portion thereof, the Oath Keepers themselves will wind up doing what our Founding Fathers intended for them to do: Keep our government on track.

Last edited: